Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind paying for level 90 boosts. As I really hate leveling through old content after a few months.

The one thing that will be bad though, is if it somehow leads onto buying more powerfull spells, or armor and what not. I trust blizzard not to do that, but that's my only real worry. But hey, a company is a company and they're there to make money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    We all have played WoW and we all worked hard to get our character max level if you want to play and MMORPG you should know you have to level
    Really? RaF made your point totally pointless. Working hard to level? Blizzard might as well have given you max level toons in cata because leveling has been a joke for a long time now, and a major annoyance.

It's only a bad move cause it's not done right.

IF were at the point where leveling is skipable and we really need the option for leveling from 1 - 90 for those that want a little leveling and a 90 - 100 option for that just want to raid and skip leveling altogether.

Every reason I can think of for having 1- 90 boost packs to buy is also a good reason to have 90 - 100 boost packs to buy.

This could be a good thing and stop gamers from going to third party sites for power leveling services.

I know a good number of friends that are not getting this expansion till months after release and flying is added back in.

If they want to level with friends that bought the game at release and have reached 100, they need a boost to 100 so they can play with them. They don't care about the convoluted alternate time line garbage, just raiding.

IF we want to level with some friends and skip lore/story we care nothing for, we need a 90 - 100 boost.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-01-17 at 04:46 PM.

The reason for this has not really to do with bad design rather than expansion packs pushing the end game further up in levels. The end game likely would have been different if every character still was lvl 60 and all end game content was made for lvl 60 in mind.

Only way of solving this is at this point is if they make your character scale with the content so it's level appropriate. Plus, it would mean that they would have to give out proper end game rewards for doing that said content as well. Hopefully Blizzard will find a solution to this, since they have been talking about it for some time now. Frankly, I thought this would have been a good idea even back in TBC when it pretty much made Vanilla content obsolete.
    You're missing the point completely. Right now, because players have to manually level to 90 through all the old world content, especially on a new account, people are reasonable to expect Blizzard to maintain some semblance of a standard and balance, even if they have to go back and update lower level content. In WoD, not only does no longer have to do any of this, anyone who suggests they should go back and fix things will be told 'just buy the expansion so you can power past everything up to 90.'

It's one thing to have a game developed from the top down to be balanced and concurrent in terms of both art and systems design. It's something else entirely to have a game developed from the bottom up where you just pile new content on top of old content without going back and updating anything. The former leads to a consistent gaming experience for everyone who participates, while the latter leads to the garbage we have today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Really? RaF made your point totally pointless. Working hard to level? Blizzard might as well have given you max level toons in cata because leveling has been a joke for a long time now, and a major annoyance.
    Or Scroll of Rezz.... "Hey, come back to WoW and get a free level 80 while your friend who drug you back in gets a free mount. A flying mount!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    its like someone handing me any video game and saying here its already beat for you but you can still walk around and have fun
    If you think getting to level 90 is beating the game you're someone I'd call bad. Which is ironic because you're scared that buying a crappily geared level 90 will cause players to be bad. I'll buy a lvl 90 the same class and spec as you and be a better player than you at it in 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correct - it requires SOME knowledge of the class.
    No it does not, or have you ever met any hunter ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I understand what you mean here, but to be fair, I've played with people who actually leveled their classes all the way up from 1 and didn't know how (or just didn't care) to do any of that stuff either.
    True. There have been terrible players even without a free 90 being handed out like candy.

What I think should be implemented is that anyone given a free 90 should have to pass the Proving Grounds or a slightly altered version of the Proving Grounds that tests the characters' knowledge of the class to some extent before they're given free reign in doing Heroics and end-game stuff. (Hell, even a mentoring Scenario could do the trick.)

I've experienced 'ebay' characters (when they used to be easy to get) - people could do the basic 3 or 4 things, but had no idea how to dispel, cc, shield or any of the other things you learn ONE at a time as you level up from 1.
    I wish people who leveled from 1 to 90 actually learned how to play their class by leveling, but sadly, even with the lack of immediate 90s, I run into people every day that don't know how to play their class witha somewhat decent rotation, let alone dispelling, CCing, etc.

See LFR for a prime example of people who leveled to 90 and generally have no clue how to play still. It is not uncommon to see people in SoO LFR pulling 30k dps. I'm not even sure how that is possible, but I guess it takes work to be that bad.

It won't make any difference for those people or the skilled players to get an extra 90 to noodle around with. I think people that want to be competitive and come across as capable players will learn how to play the class whether they level it from 1 to 90 or get an instant 90. Then there will be those other people that have no interest in being competitive or appearing to be skilled that will bumble along regardless of how they got their level 90 character.

I've experienced 'ebay' characters (when they used to be easy to get) - people could do the basic 3 or 4 things, but had no idea how to dispel, cc, shield or any of the other things you learn ONE at a time as you level up from 1.
    It's like that with a majority of players in lfr right now. Hell shitty players are so abundant that it trickles into flex. So I don't see what you are trying to prevent when it's already here/now.

Really? Cause Im pretty sure that the one time they tried that model it gave us the most garbage expansion to date.
    Except that they've never designed Wow from a top down approach.

People will learn far more from 90-100 than 1-90. Remember, this is not vanilla, levelling is a faceroll, it requires no skill, attention or even time investment anymore, forget the old days, it's not the same anymore.

Putting people in the deep end is good.

The thing is, people who care, will always read a guide before hand, they will know the rotation and the spells and everything else on a new character they create, people who don't care, don't currently, and still won't.

Just wait till release, I bet we see almost zero difference.

I won't be buying one, I'll certainly be using my free one for another alt though, and personally, I don't care at all if Blizzard wants to make a system easier by allowing a single purchase other buying another copy of the damn game and paying for a second service with transfers, it's a better experience for customers, it's the right thing to do for the situation.

P.S Thousands of people have been paying for "instant" characters since Vanilla, not legally, but it's been a lucrative business, that is about to be almost demolished by Blizzard, think about that.

Deleted
    As you level up your toon you learn your class, so if you get a free boost to 90 it'll quite possibly reduce the skill of the that player. However from 90-100 will still give people time to learn their class to a good enough extent i imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I don't seem to understand it when people on the forums try to explain that selling a level 90 is a bad thing. How is it anyway?
    Because it's straight up pay2win. Lets say I'm competing for a spot in a guild with someone equally skilled and geared, except they bought enough lvl 90s to have every class at max level. Which one do you think the guild will take? I want to pay one price and get to compete on equal ground with everyone else, not be put in a disadvantage unless I shell out more cash.

Because the game is multi-player. Meaning other's skills in their class affect you.

No - I'm not an elitist, but I'd like people to at least have to TRY their best in their class, not PAY their best.
    They have said there will be a series of starting quests for the freshly boosted 90's similar to the dk starting zone. I would argue that this will be a good intro to the class and will produce more competent players than one who's had a level 80 alt from 5 years ago and decides to level it for WOD. There is absolutely no need to sludge through level 1 to 90 in order to learn the class. In fact, if you do so, there are no series of quests for teaching you specific mechanics, unlike the new level boost system will have. So, in my view, your position is unfounded.

because they actually believe that leveling some char will make you decent at a spec / class, and I think they also think questing and lore is really important.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    Because it's straight up pay2win. Lets say I'm competing for a spot in a guild with someone equally skilled and geared, except they bought enough lvl 90s to have every class at max level. Which one do you think the guild will take? I want to pay one price and get to compete on equal ground with everyone else, not be put in a disadvantage unless I shell out more cash.
    Since when is hitting the last expansion's level cap winning? Do you consider someone who hits 85 at this point winning? I sure as heck don't. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Since when is hitting the last expansion's level cap winning? Do you consider someone who hits 85 at this point winning? I sure as heck don't. *shrugs*
    Please explain, in your own words, where I said hitting level cap is "winning"? Seriously, please try to read past the first sentence if you're going to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    Please explain, in your own words, where I said hitting level cap is "winning"? Seriously, please try to read past the first sentence if you're going to reply.
    Because it's straight up pay2win.
    What is "it"? Vague pronoun reference aside, you're going to have a tough time convincing anyone here that your "it" is anything other than getting a paid boost to 90. So, in your very own words, you are saying that getting a paid boost to 90 is pay to win. That is incorrect on its face. Now, you can prattle on all you like about what you meant and tell me to read your other words, it won't change the straight up fact that I, and the vast majority of people, disagree that leveling is winning.

Its bad to some people because all they did was make an account on MMOC to post in off topic threads and wow hate threads just to get people to fight with eachother and act like jerks.