Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing wrong with sucking the sauce out of your finger you got from, say, the the edge of your plate that happened to had a small drop of it. It happens. Not often, but it happens.

Eating your mouth open is WAY worse. It's the noise... It's one of the worst noises you can hear in every day life.

Of course I wouldn't do it at a restaurant but when I'm home, I burp, lick plates, and suck my fingers. Especially if I'm eating ribs or chicken wings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I suck any chip residue off my fingers whenever I eat chips....
    http://memecrunch.com/meme/ZB7C/that...ands/image.png

Infracted: Please post constructively. Meme images are not allowed.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-21 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wash my hands before I eat stuff that would leave 'delicious' residue on my fingers, but then again I only lick my fingers at home where I would be usually snacking. While outdoors though, I wash it off immediately after eating since I have a personal peeve with greasy stuff on my gadgets/body parts and I don't want people to get the wrong idea about my habits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm licking my fingers right now, just for you.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care much. But I grew up with 3 siblings, and a lot of out-door camping and all that kind of thing.
    Of course with strangers I wouldn't do certain things that I am comfortable doing with family members or close friends.

Deleted
    It's more gross when people pick chocolate with their bare hands. I know sometimes there's no other way, like when someone offers you a piece, fine then, pick it with fingers and make sure it will reach your mouth in next millisecond, but there are people who probably just like the feel of chocolate on their skin, I have no other explanation to someone unwrapping their chocolate bar, throwing the paper away and starting to eat it from their hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. I've never thought about this being a problem. Open-mouth chewing is disgusting in any situation, but cleaning hand with mouth... no. There are some conveniences we should not be willing to sacrifice in the name of civility, and this is one of them.

it's disgusting and they should feel bad about themselves

If I happen to get sauce on my hand or fingers while eating I'll lick it off I really don't see why people actually are being such prudes about this lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm licking my fingers right now, just for you.
    There's a reason for advertisement slogans...

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I dislike people that are concerned with how others eat far more than I have any issue with someone getting some sauce off their hand.
    Pretty much. I'd be more insulted by somebody putting ketchup on a hotdog.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chewing with your mouth wide open makes you look like a child. Licking your fingers/hands off? Okay, go wash your hands right after, too. Don't do it in public unless you're okay with people gawking at you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Chewing with your mouth wide open makes you look like a child. Licking your fingers/hands off? Okay, go wash your hands right after, too. Don't do it in public unless you're okay with people gawking at you.
    If you're say eating a meal and you momentarily put your fork down to get something for whatever reason and when you pick back up the fork and there is sauce on it so you lick your finger with the sauce, you're a child and should have gone and wash your hands instead? Honestly this sounds like some controlling " listen to your irrational mama" bullshit.
    Last edited by Themius; 2014-01-20 at 06:14 PM.

Generally speaking, it doesn't look all that appealing, but generally speaking I'm not paying enough attention to the manners of other people for it to be a major concern.

If you're paying that much attention to how other people eat and judging them as a result, that's at least as bad as them having poor manners in the first place. The only people it really matters for, in my opinion, are the people eating with you.... the opinions of random strangers around you are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If you're say eating a meal and you momentarily put your fork down to get something for whatever reason and when you pick back up the fork and there is sauce on it so you lick your finger with the sauce, you're a child and should have gone and wash your hands instead? Honestly this sounds like some controlling " listen to your irrational mama" bullshit.
    Or just cleaner overall. Some people don't like having their own saliva on them.

Personally, licking fingers is whatever, if it's cheez doodles or something and I can't wash my hands, I'm guilty of it.
    All hell will break loose though if you dare chew with your mouth open in front of me.
    It's more than just a peeve, it literally makes me want to throw up.
    But then again that only applies to people I know really, like friends and family. I'm not gonna complain about some stranger in a restaurant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    On the list of things that remotely matter to me, this has to be somewhere waaay, way down. In fact, I'd be inclined to ask: who the hell put this here?
    Pretty much this. As long as they're being quiet I couldn't care less. They can rub it on their body and get a pack of dogs to lick it off if they want.. People who are genuinely upset by this sort of thing need to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    A fancy restaurant is not one of those places.
    That depends on the fancy restaurant. I have a fancy barbecue rib place near where I live and you eat with your hands. What always looks strange is that one random person in the place trying to use a knife and fork to eat ribs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    That depends on the fancy restaurant. I have a fancy barbecue rib place near where I live and you eat with your hands. What always looks strange is that one random person in the place trying to use a knife and fork to eat ribs.
    There is no such thing as fancy barbecue, although I agree that some foods are meant to be eaten with the hands and BBQ is one of them but if you are in a knife and fork restaurant and eat that way then you may as well use a trough and lick it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Anyone else find it distastefull that there are fully grown, mature people that lick their fingers and even the rest of their hands while eating?
    I'm not talking bout eating chicken out of bucket here either, but for a example eating in a nice restaurant.

It amazes me how they get food on their hands in the first place while holding a knife and fork, but then there is still something called a napkin I believe...

This, together with eating with your mouth wide open, is just something that I find repulsive
    I agree with you 100%. It's disgusting and while I'm not that picky, it really puts off my appetite. I don't even like it when girls do that to "turn someone on". Some people are discreet about it and that's okay, but as soon as they smack their lips it's over for me. Luckily, I try to surround myself with civilised people that know how to handle exotic tools like knifes and forks and tend to stay on their plate when they do stuff, instead of my other gripe, people that spread their food all over the table, you know the type I'm referring to.