Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

People who lick their fingers and/or hand while eating.

Anyone else find it distastefull that there are fully grown, mature people that lick their fingers and even the rest of their hands while eating?
    I'm not talking bout eating chicken out of bucket here either, but for a example eating in a nice restaurant.

It amazes me how they get food on their hands in the first place while holding a knife and fork, but then there is still something called a napkin I believe...

This, together with eating with your mouth wide open, is just something that I find repulsive

I suck any chip residue off my fingers whenever I eat chips....

Lol at a high class place I guess it's inappropriate but...unless the person is being obnoxious I won't even notice.

Also, yeah people chewing with mouth open bothers me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it nearly every day in work. Do feel like a bit of a pig doing it, but don't care. As Blue said, probably inappropriate at a very posh place, but I don't see any harm in other instances.

Deleted
    yeah, "schmatzen" (german word for chewing with open mouth) is disgusting.
    and on the topic, when its food eaten with fingers its totaly fine, but else, why would you even have to lick your fingers? cO

i think i would find it disgusting too, but it actually neverh appened while i was around. at least as far as i can remember

I dislike people that are concerned with how others eat far more than I have any issue with someone getting some sauce off their hand.

If i eat and for some reason get any kind of sauce,dip,gravy on my fingers while eating i will lick it off because it taste good but if it is something like grease from a very greasy piece of meat or whatever then i won't lick it off and rather wipe my hands with a napkin or my pants depending on where i am.

Chewing with their mouth open is the grossest. I'll walk out on a date if he's doing it. The other thing is eating food and managing to smear it all over and not immediately cleaning it up, or leaving it there like a 2 year old. Another walk out.

Deleted
    As a child I used to get slapped for using poor table manners, it is something that needs to be brought back nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I see this happen. Only when eating teriyaki chicken wings or something :P

It depends on what I am eating and where. A subway, I see nothing wrong with it. At a fancy restraint I might be a little neater.

I'm more grossed out by people talking with a full mouth of food and spitting it around or someone picking at their teeth at the table.
    Last edited by Zigzagzoom; 2014-01-20 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I dislike people that are concerned with how others eat far more than I have any issue with someone getting some sauce off their hand.
    This.

Also: Knife and fork isn't the only standard in the world. Lots of food is meant to be eaten with your hands. And several cultures that I know of expect you to eat that way.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's disgusting. Use a napkin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    As a child I used to get slapped for using poor table manners, it is something that needs to be brought back nowadays.
    I never see people who do what the OP says unless it's food that is meant to be eaten by hand. Honestly curious to how often you see it and where.

Edit: Who the fuck licks his hands? I've never seen this before.

Depends on where it's at. If it's in my home or their home and I know them, then whatever. Who gives a crap. Especially if I'm alone. I don't know about licking my entire hand, though. What the hell do people do with their food to get it all over their hands, not just fingers? But yeah, in public places and restaurants, I tend to use napkins, and I do at "proper" dinners with family, too. If we ordered a pizza then I don't care, but if we made dinner, then I do.

As for chewing with your mouth open... Instant "We're not friends goodbye" thing. Peeve. :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    This.

Also: Knife and fork isn't the only standard in the world. Lots of food is meant to be eaten with your hands. And several cultures that I know of expect you to eat that way.
    If you're participating in that culture for that meail, fine. If you're not, it's distasteful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    This.

A fancy restaurant is not one of those places.

greasy or sauce covered (like hot wings) or some kinds of pizza... I dont like to touch. Seriously, im not super clean guy that scrubs my hands raw or whatever, but I cant hold food and eat it unless it dry (like hamburgers or hotdogs) if its going to make a mess on my hands, I get a fork and knife, I don't touch it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Depends on where it's at. If it's in my home or their home and I know them, then whatever. Who gives a crap. Especially if I'm alone. I don't know about licking my entire hand, though. What the hell do people do with their food to get it all over their hands, not just fingers? But yeah, in public places and restaurants, I tend to use napkins, and I do at "proper" dinners with family, too. If we ordered a pizza then I don't care, but if we made dinner, then I do.

As for chewing with your mouth open... Instant "We're not friends goodbye" thing. Peeve. :d
    Yea, I agree with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    While I do not encourage the slapping part, I totally agree that it should be part of everyones upbringing.

My parents where also very strict when it came to table tablemanners, and I am gratefull for it now.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When by myself at home you bet your ass I lick them fingers clean, though I always wash my hands thoroughly before eating.

Though around company and DEFINITELY out in public I do not lick my fingers at all and use a napkin to clean any mess I make, which is rarely ever since I eat carefully around others, even to the point of covering my mouth with my hand or a napkin just so others do not need to watch me chew as a courtesy thing and because it is how I was raised.

It is not hard to eat cleanly and with etiquette around others, some people are just ill-mannered swine in public.