Poll: Remove Max Level Guards from low level towns?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Max Level Guards Removal in Low Level Towns: Support or Oppose?

Easy Poll,

Do you support of Max Level Guards, or do you want them to be removed and let the low levelers have some fun in WPvP aswell?
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2014-01-20 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I feel that they should be on the max level of the current zone they are in to give players a fair chance at world PvP. This is what I would've said if we were still in Vanilla, or TBC. Since WotLK with the coming of Heirlooms, all people think about is getting to max level easy and quickly, with the majority spending time in LFD/BGs.

The leveling player base is too small now to really make an effort to promote low level world PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I oppose this.
    I instead, support removing them ONLY on PvP servers, and making them 10 levels above max on PvE realms, but having their leashes shortened.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I oppose this.
    I instead, support removing them ONLY on PvP servers, and making them 10 levels above max on PvE realms, but having their leashes shortened.
    I can understand what you mean with that, Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Guards should be boss level that one-shot enemy players in starting areas.
    Guards should be Normal level 90s in Cities (or the current max player-level of the expansion) to serve as protection against casual incursion, but still not too much, so to encourage player raids.
    Guards should be Normal X level in contested zones (where X is the maximum level of that zone)

For servers where there is a huge faction imbalance, guards of the minority faction are buffed by a percentage. The bigger the imbalance, the bigger the percentage. On servers like Illidan, Alliance city guards should basically one-shot Horde players, and viceversa on Alliance dominated servers.

Guards of equal level to the zone, max level (or boss level) guards in cities. Guards that spawn from attacks are of equal level to the person that attacked them, to prevent a level 90 from killing off entire towns in low level zones without opposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oppose. It's not lowbies who would be taking time out of their leveling to invade an opposite faction town, it's bored 90s.

The guards are worthless as they are, but at least they can be a distraction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Guards should be boss level that one-shot enemy players in starting areas.
    Guards should be Normal level 90s in Cities (or the current max player-level of the expansion) to serve as protection against casual incursion, but still not too much, so to encourage player raids.
    Guards should be Normal X level in contested zones (where X is the maximum level of that zone)

For servers where there is a huge faction imbalance, guards of the minority faction are buffed by a percentage. The bigger the imbalance, the bigger the percentage. On servers like Illidan, Alliance city guards should basically one-shot Horde players, and viceversa on Alliance dominated servers.
    This is the most reasonable idea I've heard so far. Low level players should have some protection initially, yes, but after a while you just need to accept the fact that it's a violent world. I really miss scouting into Stormwind City and taking out the Auctioneers and Bankers whenever my guildies on the Alliance side needed them. (Usually got my ass kicked as payback, but it was worth it. We laugh about it now)

what i want to know is why is there lvl 95 guards near goldshire and no horde city has them can anyone tell me why this is happeing

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Arcanimus's idea and Core's. How about a mishmash?
    Guard the 1-10 starter zones and the cities with 90 Elites (keep the spawned adds as non-elite so city raids don't get overwhelmed), remove or nerf the guards heavily on PvP servers after you leave the 1-10 zone, and keep them powerful on PvE servers.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

+5 levels guards for low levels and 90 guards for level 86+.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    support. I love ganking lowbies in a big questhub, then seeying all the 90s guildies/alts storm in and also die <3

World pvp sounds like fun, but in reality it's just people bringing their level 90s to gank lowbies and kill questgivers and the like. Since there is nothing you can do at low level to defend yourself against that, as long as there are high level players allowed in the zone, the guards should stay max level too.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    what i want to know is why is there lvl 95 guards near goldshire and no horde city has them can anyone tell me why this is happeing
    http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=minle=95;maxle=95

15+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of opportunities for world pvp already. Guards are usually there at major quest hubs and they are useful: pvp is good, wasting other people's time is not.

Opposed, killing quest givers and flight masters shouldn't be easier than it already is.

Why not just spawn guards at the lvl of the enemy player.

Deleted
    Before we had max level guards all the quest givers were killed by people, now that isnt fun.

I read that as "remove max lvl guards because they impede on my lowbie ganking" but i may be wrong , but if i am whats the real point in the question?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was confused about the wording of the first post but I voted support (which I think is the option that corresponded to my opinion).

People who feel the need to kill low level characters to make themselves feel better or to get some kind of sick jolly in ruining someone else's experience need to take a long hard look at their lives and possibly reevaluate why they play WoW in the first place. If you are going out of your way to do something mean, then you are not a good person. It's that simple.

The guards serve a very good purpose in preventing these types of people (yes even on PvP realms, because ganking/corpse camping/killing quest gives etc. isn't PvP, it's being a jerk) from ruining the experience of other players.

The guards need to stay, and in fact I think there should be more of them.