Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Because they're too worried about in game store items. And character boosts. Check it out, we got 2 blizz store mounts in 2 months, and we got another on the way, they're cooking in that department.
    Oh shut the hell up.

OP, I totally agree with you. This is unacceptable progress. Blizzard needs to quit f-ing around and get this stuff done or they are going to continue to bleed subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I really dunno why people expected to see WoD out around June/July.... NOONE will launch such a huge project at time when people are on vacation and etc...
    The profit Blizzard makes from Wow is subscription based. No new content=less people playing and paying summer or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While I do agree the update has been slow and WOD is far away blizzard has done said if they have to they will ship WOD without all the character updates.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a 100k bleed thats not fine. Not bleeding or getting more then you lost is fine. Also last report was near the release of SOO now people are getting burnt out of SOO.
    EQ1 is celebrating its 15th year this year and they just released the 20th expansion with more in the works and they never had more than 750k subscribers and most certainly have significantly less now and yet they are doing just fine thank you very much. 100k subscriptions isn't a blip on the radar. Even 1 million isn't a problem considering outside of Wow, mmo subscribers are counted in the thousands not millions.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is also the fact they probably prefer to preview one race at a time in order to get more focused feedback.
    Who f-ing cares about character models. Just give us the damn xpac with new content to complete. I don't log in to look at character models. I log in to do content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I expected more than one new model.

The shittest model so far as well

Careful xanzul, your fanboy is showing
    Oh fuck off.

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-01-24 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    I can set my watch to how these threads play out.

Guy offers fair but differing opinion that goes against the hivemind ----> fanboys start pounding the ground and slinging feces.

You could punch their mother in the face and get less of a reaction.
    ENOUGH. I'm fucking sick of this crap. The OP is unhappy that more wasn't previewed. Fair point and understandable. What isn't ok is the fact he is making up bold faced lies in order to stir the pot. This thread was never ever about anything more than trying to incite yet more hate like this site is ever lacking in that department.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    It took Blizz 3 weeks to put together 1 screenshot. If Blizz keeps up this break neck speed expect to see all the models in 7.5 months. And god only knows how long until you actually see animations for all 20.
    Blizzard said multiple times at Blizzcon that every race might not have updated models in time for the launch of WoD. There is also a difference between assembling things for a press/fan release and having them into the game. The delays in final publication are often due to translating the blogs/words to all the different languages Blizzard supports.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    You've made it painfully clear who's the bitch when it comes to you and blizzurd.
    Are you going to do anything other than accuse people of being fanboys? Like maybe counter any of the points I have made? Oh silly me I forgot. This site isn't for discussion it is for hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you assuming that the models we only saw screenshots and "t pose" of before haven't since been finished? I'm not. Seeing the model in motion is lackluster compared to seeing a 100% new model. They could show us "Hey, here's that undead male you saw before, but now he's in motion!" and people would say "Who cares, show us something new!"

So Blizzard is saying "Here, this is something new, but she's just one face and she's just in a t-pose," and people are saying "All we see are unfinished models! WOD is so far away! Slow progress!"

If we take the (imo) correct assumption that the previous models we saw in t-pose have since been finished or at least mostly finished, we've got at least half of the models done or nearly done. Considering they only had three or four done enough for Blizzcon, I'd say that's pretty good! We've seen examples from just about every race, even if only one gender of each (we haven't seen blood elves, trolls, night elves or draenei of either gender yet) and they're spreading out the teasers so as to keep us interested. I think they're doing a pretty good job.

I just want to see female troll or tauren at this point though, but based on what I've seen so far, I can extrapolate and I'm excited.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    So the original 8 races, 2 sexes means 16 race/sex models need to be done for Warlords. They only have like 8 done so far... We are in for a long wait friends...
    And no one at Blizzard has ever at any point in time said otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    They showed complete dungeons and the enviroments of the raids already complete at blizzcon... Your ignorance amazes me.
    Because dungeons and zones are totally the same thing as character models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    No real surprise. Blizzard takes ages to do what others companies get done in far less time.
    this, blizzard wants to kill wow

They once said they would be delivering a tabard system. 3 years later, still no tabard system. This is proof that WoD will not be released until 2017.

Or, you know, various separate features and content, each with a different priority, will have different and completely unrelated timelines for release.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, just maybe, some of the races will be released over the duration of the expansion rather than release. I would be perfectly ok with that if it means the content is accessible. I don't want the game to be delayed just for model updates but I don't think all the zones and raids are complete yet.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Normally I would agree this is a simple case of overhype (which is a human beings own fault) but in this case, those tweets sounded ALOT like more than 1 thing was going to be revealed. I am fine with the way the Human Female looks, and the progress, now that I understand it a bit better, but that doesn't change the fact that in this case there were some very poor choices of words used that led quite a few people on.
    Has Blizzard indicated there will be no further previews or updates? Where are you people getting this crap from?

I'm a hardcore fan of this game, and I wasn't at all upset nor very bothered with the speed of the new model preview. One day it was teased, another it was released. 3 weeks ain't a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Warlords will be out when it is out, this has never changed and they will lose subs until new content is released...do you HONESTLY think they'll all stay away forever and ever? Many will be back for WoD and that's just the natural circle of aging mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    wow is dyin... again
    It never stopped dying, 10 mil subs don't dry up over night.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

This has since been retracted. The original context to the tweet was about Draenei and Blood Elves. The original plan was for them to be released later (NOTHING ELSE JUST THEM <--- SEE THAT) The plan was changed and now everything is going to be done before launch, as previously seen on twitter.

These character models are a major selling point of the expansion, while I agree the preview is not an indication of progress, that doesn't change the fact that they will be finished or the game will not launch till they are done.

That doesn't mean that this is cause for delay. Like I just said, this is probably just a stupid hype ploy (that failed bad) and they have alot more to reveal, they just have it saved up to release gradually.
    It wasn't hype. Players asked for a preview and one of the lead artists said they would give us one. That isn't hype, that is called giving what players requested.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No. It isn't. Don't even try it. They will be available to all players regardless of account level.
    Oh so the Cata quest revamp wasn't a major selling point? It too was available to all. Oh but it was a selling point.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Can someone who actually knows their shit about animation give us some insight into how long it would take an animator to create one single animation for a character like this?

(Knowing that they said they have thousands to do..)

Holy fucking Drone. Ok, I love Blizzard but step back for a second. Every single reasonable release date is in June to August. That is, going from the Siege Release, 8 to 10 months before we see the expansion. If they released it faster it would need to be out by early May. All leaks we have at this time indicate that the release is somewhere in June, guessing a middle June release by what we have so far. If they released it faster, like I said, it would be out between Late April and Mid May, which it will not be. He is right. The release isn't earlier in terms of time between content, it may be earlier in the year? But time between content is the exact same.

Also since I see you keep asking for them here have a fucking source on that release date. This was posted BEFORE Blizzcon, before we knew Warlords was the expansion mind you.

If you don't believe me on the date this was posted, here have the original thread

Also this is simply not true, well maybe for OP, but for myself? No, the fact that you went so far as to accuse everyone of mass conspiracy is a bit much though.
    The fact that you resort to calling me a drone pretty much says it all about you and people like you. Just because I'm not stamping around throwing temper tantrums over things that weren't even said in the first place doesn't make me a drone or a fanboy. Don't think for a second that you and the OP aren't transparent as hell.