Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    Human
    Dwarf
    Night Elf
    Gnome
    Draenei (yes they said it would be updated by release)
    Orc
    Undead
    Tauren
    Troll
    Blood Elf (see above)

10 races. 2 sexes. 2x10=20. Currently, 3 (Orc Male, Drawf Male, and Gnome male) are seemingly done or close there too of. They are showing another this week. So let us try this again...

20-3-1=.......

it was preview we hyped for 3week? quite frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Theyve already done a bunch of them and another few aren't getting done at all. Just because they haven't released them doesn't mean that they aren't done or somewhat well developed. doing it is one thing, making a fan preview thing like that takes time and frankly isn't necessary.
    You are joking, yes? The only that keeps people from unsubbing is updates on future content. Why in gods name would Blizz not release what they had finished? Also, takes time to release previews? It is photoshopped cutout of old model, with photoshop cut out of new one.

You are joking, yes? The only that keeps people from unsubbing is updates on future content. Why in gods name would Blizz not release what they had finished? Also, takes time to release previews? It is photoshopped cutout of old model, with photoshop cut out of new one.

Can only assume they want to be slow with their releases. So every time the hype and interested starts dwindling, they'll release one more model until we've finally seen them all and WoD is close to release.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 months, 0 new models, a bunch of launches of "concept art" non-animated models.

It's progress, though IMO animating will be harder than just making a model and photographing it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Why in gods name would Blizz not release what they had finished?
    They tend to do it quite a bit, it's what keeps the hype going... and they know it.

This thread...

--SNIP--

Don't post memes
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-24 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    Sometimes, you'll find in life that you're at the back of the line. Other times, you get lucky and the line forms behind you.

I'm sure you'll tough it out.
    Please never go into buisness. I may tough it out, millions of others, however, will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, compared to EU realm merges the speed of releasing new character models makes me dizzy.
    Meanwhile, oceanic servers are nauseous and passing out...

Uhm ya they said they're eventually going to be redoing all the character models. They said they aren't sure which will ship out with WOD. Not all of them need to be revealed before people like you go nuts about how long till WOD is out...
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Yeh, I hear ya. I mean the work is great and deserves the praise, but christ are they making a big song and dance about it.

I was at the very least expecting one of the 3D previews on the official WoD site to be updated..

Just because they showed you an unanimated model of a race doesn't mean animations don't exist yet on internal builds. The reveal did exactly what they said it will which is to show you a screenshot of an updated player model, nowhere it was said that you'll see how it looks in-game fully animated.

How is it not? It is their main selling point for WOD?
    Actually they said they weren't sure if they would ship all the new models at the release of WoD or add them continuously throughout the expansion. Obviously they are not going to wait with releasing all the content just because the character models aren't done yet. Silly you.

How is it not? It is their main selling point for WOD?
    I believe Draenor is the main selling point of WoD. Getting to see what Outland was not only before it blew, but before it was corrupted by overuse of fel magic (which it already was in WC2:BtDP), fighting classic WC1/2 villains, that sort of thing.

The models are certainly significant, but from the very beginning they've acknowledged that they might not all be ready for WoD release.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    This thread...

--SNIP--

Don't post memes

Made my day.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-24 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Uhm ya they said they're eventually going to be redoing all the character models. They said they aren't sure which will ship out with WOD. Not all of them need to be revealed before people like you go nuts about how long till WOD is out...
    Then why the hell is it featured so heavily in the trailer for the expansion? Anyone who didn't hear the tagline conversations at Blizzcon, is going to be mislead and disappointed.

Who knows, maybe they are done already with other races - Just be patience

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Which is how I think all the character remodels will be looked at in hindsight down the line. Everyone is clamoring for them, and when they're done, given a few weeks later, people will complain how underwhelming they are.

It was similar to the Cataclysm vanilla revamp. Everyone thought it would revitalize the game, when all it did was detract from the Cataclysm end game content. Turns out, people hit level 60 pretty fast these days, meaning most of that content is ignored on new characters. You see even less of it if you run a few instances/BG's, cutting out even more of the revamp content.

It's one of those things where, while nice to get, doesn't impact the 'bottom line' as much as they think it would.

So they will have a slow and stready drip of updates over the next 6 months?

You said it yourself. The only thing that keeps people from unsubbing in a content drought is updates on future content.

I hate to say it..... I kind of agree with OP.... this is.... underwhelming to say the least.