Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Second: Alliance-Fans trying to put Saurfang on Trial... That's a new one. Face it; You are jealous, because that's what 90% of these complaint's are caused by. (I gladly emphasize again i switched to Alliance completely 5 Months ago, don't even try.)
    Yeah, I wish I could be a psychotic, mass murdering, genocidal maniac. Oh sorry, I mean ex-psychotic, mass murdering, genocidal maniac.

Saufang, as well as a big deal of the other Orcs where not "drugged" they where more or less mind-controlled and enslaved this way by the burning legion. Even if this may don't help you win the argument, you sadly have to take that as a fact and are free to look up how it is described.
    The Orcs had free will and made their choices. They were not 'mind controlled', the best that can be said for them is that they were so stupid as to continue following their leaders without thinking for themselves even when given plenty of signs that something was up (wat the elements, our ancient allies, won't aid us in this? They must be wrong, it can't be us! Better go be warlocks instead! Hey now our ancestors aren't talking to us either! What's with that? Eh they must be having a bad day - week - month - year, it can't possibly be anything we're doing!).

For 90% of the war they were not even under the influence of demon blood, it was only something they consumed prior to the last battle at Shattrath. Saurfang himself was a general in the war, for the Blackrock clan and under Blackhand, one of the most notorious clans in terms of it's levels of violence and parallel atrocities it committed. Another powerful Blackrocks *chose* not to drink the blood and didn't buy the whole story that was put to the Orcs (see Orgim Doomhammer - although I'd equally consider him to be a war criminal as well, my point here is that the Blackrock leaders had free will and could exercise choice), Saurfang equally could have made that choice.

Also Saufang has done much to try to help creating a lasting peace, was one of Thralls biggest supporters and not just "mentioning it once" that he was sorry, but sincerely regretful of his past, and even loosely quoted Martin Luther-King about how he wishes the future to be in one of the WortLK-Questlines where he is worried about Garrosh's Development. Further he did make sure his Son shared his believes obviously, which explains why he is rather at friendly terms with your good old Human-Leader, now Good-Guy Lich-King Bolvar Fordragon when the Wrathgate happened.
    So what exactly has he actually *done* to atone for what he did to the Draenei? Where exactly has he expressed his regret in terms not entirely based on *himself*? He talks a good game, but actions speak louder than words, and he has never sought to make any sort of actual atonement for his crimes with the people he committed them against. If he's actually so innocent and remorseful then why don't you believe he should stand trial for crimes and accept actual consequences for his actions?

Boohoo he's sorry isn't really good enough. Citing being friends with humans in the context of both fighting the Lich King as him atoning to the Draenei doesn't make sense at all. You don't excuse war crimes based on nice things done to someone else entirely later.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2014-01-25 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

Deleted
    Varok Saurfang is one of the very few on present day Azeroth who was also very much on Draenor during the time that Warlords of Draenor happens - he's and his brother are pretty signifigant Blackrock orcs under Blackhand. Blizzard has stated that we won't see any "doubles", past and present versions of any NPC. Which leads me to believe that Saurfang might actually die a fairly heroic death during the pre-event. And then the modern day Horde will bring the younger version of himself with them to present day Azeroth to fill, well, his own shoes so to speak.

Just as an aside - one of the other individuals who play a role in present day aswell as Warlords era Draenor is Velen, the draenei leader. Infact, he's holed up in Karabor where the Alliance will end up during landfall. I don't have a single reasonable idea on how Blizzard will deal with him, considering they said no doubles while still sending prominent Draenei through the portal (to be fair, no one has stated that Velen will go through, only Maraad).

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine this is going to happen in WoD...

Saurfang is going to meet his younger self, and they are going to talk about his ambitions as a warrior. Our Saurfang is going to recount the countless horrors he's committed in the name of the Horde, the women and children he killed as they screamed for mercy, and give his younger alternate self a sobering reality check.

Younger, Alternate Saurfang (or Y.A.S.) is then going to declare his allegiance to the New Horde and abandon the Iron one (if he's in it). Then (some point later in the plot of WoD), in a heroic act of heroism, our Saurfang dies and is from that point forward remembered as an eternal hero of the Horde; and Y.A.S. is going to have one goal set for himself for the rest of his life: Be an even greater hero than he was for his people.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I imagine this is going to happen in WoD...

Saurfang is going to meet his younger self, and they are going to talk about his ambitions as a warrior. Our Saurfang is going to recount the countless horrors he's committed in the name of the Horde, the women and children he killed as they screamed for mercy, and give his younger alternate self a sobering reality check.

Younger, Alternate Saurfang (or Y.A.S.) is then going to declare his allegiance to the New Horde and abandon the Iron one (if he's in it). Then (some point later in the plot of WoD), in a heroic act of heroism, our Saurfang dies and is from that point forward remembered as an eternal hero of the Horde; and Y.A.S. is going to have one goal set for himself for the rest of his life: Be an even greater hero than he was for his people.
    I like that better than what I said. So I'll put my hopes on what you said instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Varok Saurfang is one of the very few on present day Azeroth who was also very much on Draenor during the time that Warlords of Draenor happens - he's and his brother are pretty signifigant Blackrock orcs under Blackhand. Blizzard has stated that we won't see any "doubles", past and present versions of any NPC. Which leads me to believe that Saurfang might actually die a fairly heroic death during the pre-event.
    Saurfang isn't even going through the portal and is the frontrunner for being the Orc racial leader. Quit spreading rumors that Blizzard is planning to kill him.

Honestly this is one lore figure that should retire. Saurfang is old and lost a child. Not sure why he isn't living the farm life out in the barrens yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Honestly this is one lore figure that should retire. Saurfang is old and lost a child. Not sure why he isn't living the farm life out in the barrens yet.
    He's a warrior at heart. He has no lineage to take his place anymore, and settling down would just mean he's given up on his duties to his Warchief, to him it would be cowardice for him to die of old age and not die in battle.

Plus, what is he going to do? He hates pigs because they remind him of his past. Grow wheat like a human?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I hope this doesnt happen. I don't want him going mankirks wife on us.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.