Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    1. Way too much homogenization within classes. This killed many unique aspects of classes and removed all the niche roles in the game. I bloody liked being a Support DPS on my Elemental Shaman. I didn't care that I did less damage than a pure DPS'er because my buffs to the group coupled with my damage increased the output more than if a pure took my place. It added a layer of complexity to raid composition and that's something I sorely miss.

2. Convincing the masses that raiding should be for everybody. Raiding is supposed to be for raiders. If you don't like having to commit a large portion of your free time you shouldn't expect to see all the raiding content. Blizzard made a mistake with putting the majority of their lore in the raids and they should have corrected it by making questing be more about the story and raiding could have been just a compliment to that lore instead of the focus. The story should belong to everybody who plays the game and they need to create an endgame for people who can't play for extended periods. LFR was not the answer to this.
    This sums it up pretty well. Only two things I could really complain about.

The 10/25 shared lock created a lot of class/spec homogenization issues as you had to make sure each class had the tools to perform in a 10H setting and to make sure certain specs weren't useless or too good in that setting. Now we have bland blobs. I miss things like Survival doing good damage instead of great but having Expose Weakness.

Then with raiding, so much of the lore and gameplay are focused around the raid or going into the raid itself. There's very little endgame content anymore that doesn't have to do with completing the raid. Raiding shouldn't be for everyone. Some players just aren't suited to large group environments. But instead of designing challenging and compelling content to go with the raid and having the raid be a reward in itself, everyone is funneled in and you have LFR which is like Bronze in League of Legends where you have such a massive variety of player types all being forced in and it makes the runs either a complete faceroll stomp or a soul crushing agonizing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    People complain about class homogenization and I get that, but you must have amnesia because Blizzard kept them VERY different for a long time. But people bitched and bitched about one healer not having hots or tanks not being able to aoe tank, etc. Blizzard caved to the players on this one, so you can't really be upset about it.

Attunments need to come back IMO.
    Some homogenization is fine, especially in roles like healers or tanks who you have a more limited number of in the raid. But DPS were almost entirely homogenized where everyone is slowly being handed tools to handle every single situation. There should be some distinctions and strengths/weaknesses for DPS. Shadow for example doesn't need to be how it was in Cata where it had top tier damage in every category AND potent raid utility. Does every DPS need an interrupt?

Luckily with mythic being 20m only, we can possibly see class kits trimmed down and specs have proper distinctions and pros and cons again.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-01-26 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Faction Change
    2. lfr
    3. Change the Classic/BC raiding model
    4. Rl money for mounts and pets (Iam fine with charety pets)
    5. The new talent system
    -I want to visit my trainer, get higher ranks of my spells. It's an rpg after all

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

So you're.... Complaining about his complaining.

Because that'll help.. How?
    If you hate these threads so much, don't click on them. It's pretty easy to tell "the five worst things blizzard has done" Will be nothing but people blowing off hate steam and bitching about things they can't change. Either grab a beer and bitch with us, or move on and let people vent.

Deleted
    I only have two major issues with WoW:
    1. The characters and their stories are really badly written. It seems as if they really don't know how to make an appealing character.
    2. The way they are trying to force raiding as end game on every PVE player just because they commit a lot of resources into that. And instead of improving the 5-man dungeon experience for those who don't care about raiding, they choose to focus on LFR. I mean, I'm as casual as it gets, but if I want to raid I'd still rather do Flex or Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Oh wow huge surprise here.. yet another post focusing on negative things..
    OH wow, a specific thread that asks ppl what the 5 worst decisions blizz has made for wow. It's like you can't say anything bad about Blizzard and their decisions that hurt the game.

Deleted
    1. Pandaren
    2. LFR
    3. Scenarios that take from development time
    4. The constant focus on orcs and to a lesser extent, humans
    5. Starting content and not ending it, like gilneas, abyssal maw or gnomeregan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow huge surprise here.. yet another post focusing on negative things..
    Well, you obviously clicked on a thread that was meant to focus on the negatives, but JUST FOR YOU, I'm going to write 5 positive things.

1 - There are more things to do than in previous expansions. For people who enjoy collecting pets, there's pet battles and there's time sinks like Archaeology for people who enjoy those kinds of things.

2 - Casual players can access a hell of a lot more content. Sure, LFR doesn't teach them anything nor does it encourage them to improve any but at least they can participate.

3 - Raid bosses have more mechanics than ever before.

4 - Gearing up alts is easier to get them "raid ready".

5 - Um... I want to say oQueue but that's not by Blizzard and their Raid Finder tool is actually quite terrible so.. let's see here.
    OOO their customer support! Yes, their phone support is usually top notch! However, I heard they're changing that so you don't speak to a live representative or something..

Oh well, I tried.

Same abilities in PvE and PvP.
    Items in store that cannot be obtained in game at all.
    Replacing old tiers of an expac with current tier LFR, there's no progression anymore if you're not "cutting edge".
    Warforged/Thunderforged items. RNG on top of RNG. Yay.
    Too much queueing from interface, not enough traveling in world, Azeroth feels tiny now.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    LFR
    10-man raids
    Normal/heroic modes
    Homogenization
    Removal of attunements
    I don't like to do /thread in 2 threads back to back but /thread

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-20 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    I can name the top 5 things that was GOOD!

-LFD and LFR
    -Revamp of the talent system in MoP
    -Removal of unneccessary stuff like attunements, arrows, Spell ranks and uninteresting stats (defense, weapon skills, hit/expertise)
    -Separation of PvE and PvP
    -Arenas, which gave small form PvP a place to grow

All of these made the game so much better.

Yes, I've played since vanilla, Ive been through it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Letting (and even encouraging) players make in-game actions via menus. LFD, I'm looking at you. This was a massive step towards killing immersion, turning WoW into a lobby game, and towards the disconnected portal-park that was one of many bad features in Cataclysm. I'm not talking about the existence of menu interfaces, like with crafting, I'm talking about the whole "push a button to bypass talking and travel" aspect.

The decision to dump BC-style tiered raiding. Yes, there were problems with having to do all the raid tiers in an expansion in order to reach the last one. But it kept content relevant for far longer. Rather than fix the Vanilla/BC model they tossed it, and ever since we've heard various whines from Blizzard of "players consume content too fast" and countless hours of dev time have been spent on fiddly balancing and tweaking of the current tier.

Along with that, the bias in favor of removing core parts of the game instead of fixing them. If you didn't play in the classic/BC era (and heck, even if you did) it's sometimes hard to realize just how much has been taken out of Warcraft. With everything from profession specializations to resist gear to class quests, there has been a distinct pattern: Feature X has problems (no one really disagrees) but players still use/enjoy it, Feature X gets ignored/broken by development, and finally "OMG! Feature X is broken/unused/unfun/etc! We're removing it!" This happened most recently with talents, and we're seeing it again in WoD with the death of Hit and Expertise, and the incoming secondary stat revamp.

I agree on linear questing. Again, it played a huge role in the move from an immersive world (even if it was never a real sandbox) where the player at least felt they had agency, to a forced roller-coaster themepark.

And finally, the decision to focus on milking revenue rather than making a quality game. From the many over-priced 'services', to letting the cover on the Skinner Box get threadbare, to the growth of the Cash Shop, Activision-Blizzard has clearly decided that they'd rather try to squeeze money out of their customers, rather than focus on making a quality game and letting the money follow.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by likemah View Post
    It would be if it wasn't so obvious.
    That was kinda part of the point. :X

And everyone offering their "expert" opinions on what's wrong with the game is adorbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.mists of pandaria
    2. cataclysm
    3.lack of decent lore progression
    4.lack of new classes
    5.lack of races

world pvp
    The god awful retarded censer on timeless isle
    the removal of dishonorable kills
    the removal of the ranking system in standard battlegrounds ( as much as i hate pvp i liked the old ranking system which was the only reason i did battlegrounds in vanilla and tbc )
    Not wrapping up the neptulon storyline in Cataclysm.

Now i don't hate the game itself but you asked for the things i absolutely hate the most.. and 3 letters sums it up, PVP

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    world pvp
    the removal of the ranking system in standard battlegrounds ( as much as i hate pvp i liked the old ranking system which was the only reason i did battlegrounds in vanilla and tbc )
    You must get ganked ALOT.

LOL people begging for attunements back. If you ever needed proof that MMOC is an out-of-touch shithole full of dinosaurs who think it's still 2004, this thread is it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally forget to mention world of Queuecraft. It's basically a lobby game now and the world can be largely ignored.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    1.mists of pandaria
    2. cataclysm
    3.lack of decent lore progression
    4.lack of new classes
    5.lack of races
    A lack of classes would've probably meant no homogenisation at all, but this clearly isn't the case.
    WoW has reached a certain amount of races were it becomes unrealistic, like pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    world pvp

Now i don't hate the game itself but you asked for the things i absolutely hate the most.. and 3 letters sums it up, PVP
    Glad I'm not the only one miffed about Neptulon. Entire zone storyarch was setup like a Hollywood trilogy that ended with a cliffhanger at the end of part 2 but the final movie was shelved indefinitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation