Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I've never understood why people are so focused on the pandas. As far as I'm concerned (content wise) MoP was a more coherent story (and more interesting) than a lot of the previous xpacs. MoP was also one of the more violent xpacs as well, so I still don't know where people get the "cutesy" vibe from the xpac.
    Because the whole "Rose by any other name" adage is a complete crock of shit. If when the rose was first discovered, you named it shit, and shit had not yet been named shit, then it would be fine. But if you were to take a rose right now and name it shit, people would stop liking roses, because the preconceptions surrounding the word shit already exist.

So the cutsey cuddly connotations of the word Panda already exist. So if the rose in this case is WARcraft, human psychology dictates that if the other name for the rose were ...Panda... it would immediately invoke cutsey cuddly feelings. The only people who aren't perturbed by pandas are those afflicted with cognitive biases related to the fact that they are already deeply invested in WARcraft.

If they had considered the role human psychology would played they should have named it World of Warcraft: BATTLE FRONT. And they would have made up some token troll island beside Pandaria that the game starts on, and then from the token troll island, you happen across the long lost land of Pandaria, but who cares, because Pandaria is now Garrosh HELL SCREAM'S BATTLE FRONT.

So Blizzard failed at marketing.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    You see, the problem is, no matter how good the game play was... no matter how you try to spin it, no matter who you try to call immature for thinking it, there is one universal truth at work that is undeniable.

Pandas are not badass. It doesn't matter, whether your prior 7 years of WoW goodness at that point had sealed your heart in place and allowed you to see past the Pandas because the fact is, if you talked to a gamer about WoW, who didn't have that 7 years of heart filled goodness, you were now talking about "The game with the Pandas".

I know people who are non WoW players, who are very mature people, but they scoffed and snickered at WoW when the Mists of Pandaria expansion came to fruition. Because Pandas aren't badass. And as Blizzard has released recently, it's not this "Faithful 12 million" that made WoW. WoW relied on keeping an ever changing population engaged, there was a rotation of different players that peaked at 12 million. And you don't play a game called world of WARcraft unless you are expecting something badass.

Corrupted part-demon crazy night elves who take over a distant world that was exploded by demonic magic is badass.
    Undead Lich Kings who command armies of the undead are badass.
    Angsty lava dragons who spew hatred and destruction are badass..
    Pandas... are not badass. Not even if they are Chinese themed, martial arts adept Pandas. Say, what's the signature martial art of China by the way? Yes. Blizzard has only themselves to blame for the Kung Fu Panda jokes.
    You mention the word "mature", but keeps refering to everything as "badass"... Does not compute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Because the whole "Rose by any other name" adage is a complete crock of shit. If when the rose was first discovered, you named it shit, and shit had not yet been named shit, then it would be fine. But if you were to take a rose right now and name it shit, people would stop liking roses, because the preconceptions surrounding the word shit already exist.

So the cutsey cuddly connotations of the word Panda already exist. So if the rose in this case is WARcraft, human psychology dictates that if the other name for the rose were ...Panda... it would immediately invoke cutsey cuddly feelings. The only people who aren't perturbed by pandas are those afflicted with cognitive biases related to the fact that they are already deeply invested in WARcraft.

If they had considered the role human psychology would played they should have named it World of Warcraft: BATTLE FRONT. And they would have made up some token troll island beside Pandaria that the game starts on, and then from the token troll island, you happen across the long lost land of Pandaria, but who cares, because Pandaria is now Garrosh HELL SCREAM'S BATTLE FRONT.

So Blizzard failed at marketing.
    That wouldn't have been the "role human psychology", that would have been a "How To Impress 12 Year Old Boys 101" study.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

LFR (I'm fine with casuals getting to raid, but now less people will want to raid higher difficulties because of LFR)
    The raid names in WoD (psychological bullshit making people think Flex is Normal and Normal is Heroic)
    Dragon Soul (Conveniently, the same patch that also brought LFR. Go figure)
    Theming an entire expansion to Pandaland (I'm fine with pandas, but there was NO need to make it the center of the expansion)
    Selling Lvl 90s (Honestly, this is just a stepping stone for them to sell gear and pave the road for P2W in WoW, resulting in the death of the game)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So basically you're saying that you've judged a book by it's title and refuse to change your mind about it? Gotcha.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    LFR (I'm fine with casuals getting to raid, but now less people will want to raid higher difficulties because of LFR)
    The raid names in WoD (psychological bullshit making people think Flex is Normal and Normal is Heroic)
    Dragon Soul (Conveniently, the same patch that also brought LFR. Go figure)
    Theming an entire expansion to Pandaland (I'm fine with pandas, but there was NO need to make it the center of the expansion)
    Selling Lvl 90s (Honestly, this is just a stepping stone for them to sell gear and pave the road for P2W in WoW, resulting in the death of the game)
    5.3 and 5.4 (which was basically half of MoP) didn't have a whole lot to do with Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Cash shop
    2. Killing Arthas
    3. Removal of class quests and elite mobs in the world
    4. Sylvanas Windrunner
    5. Too few and too short dungeons

Timeless Isle: So little open world PVE content, was bored after the first day. The idea of exploration is a great idea just poorly implemented IMO.
    SoO is well done but Blizz definitely dropped the ball w/ the steaming pile of shit that was Timeless Isle!

Class homogenization
    Loss of attunements
    Loot vs Raid size homogenization (should have kept the WoTLK 25man heroic mode and 10man normal)
    Gating of anything with daily quests (should be just a source of income)
    Talent reworks

ITT: Ignorant "P2W incoming" slippery slope claims galore.

Class homogenization and badge gear. I still oppose badge gear.

Deleted
    1 -CROSSREALM-ZONES
    2 -Removed most elite quests
    3 -Resi in pvp
    4 -5 instances per hour......
    5 -10 min CD on army of dead (Deathknight)

15+ Year Old Account
    Removal of Elite quests
    LFR
    LFR
    LFR
    LFR
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything after tier 7.

I feel weird that I'm the only person who listed attack speed Normalization. Is this just not something other people cared about?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Everything after tier 7.
    That's funny, since most people regard T7 as a laughable excuse for raid content...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I feel weird that I'm the only person who listed attack speed Normalization. Is this just not something other people cared about?
    It was too big a mess to deal with, it had to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's funny, since most people regard T7 as a laughable excuse for raid content...
    Maybe most of a tiny, very atypical slice of the player population that populates forums. In the game, T7 caused raid participation to skyrocket.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Stuffing my screen full with those payed content stuff.

Deleted
    What's wrong with people when they say Cross Real Zones was the worst decision ever -___-
    The world in Cataclysm was a desert...I mean zero people outside. CRZ is not the worst, its the BEST.
    What do people hate about CRZ...whats wrong with you guys!?!

Deleted
    Some of these are rather things they did not do but I think they should have. Not in order:

3-4 difficulity levels for all the pve content not just normal and heroic (and normal wan't really a diff level just a level for leveling... we have like 1 or 1,5 difficulity levels avaliable for 5 mans and 2 for raids). Most single players games have 3-5 difficulity levels. You are not stuck with too easy or too hard. Everyone can play the most fitting one. Can't we have that in an mmo too? Since the playerbase is diverse as much as possible, we should have lots of difficulity levels!

Not enough maps for pvp content. Avarage 1-2 battleground maps and 1 arena map / expansion. Just WTF!!!! Coundn't they just put a little more effort into it? I do not want more types, just more maps. A little more environment to play in, not just a few over and over again hundreds of times.

Too much daliy quests and repu grind.

Too much grind in proffessions. Till you max out one, you get bored of it. Also too much useless recipes insted of few real good ones. A lot of effort for avarage gear made from ton of gold.

90% of the story stuffed into 1 week of leveling. 10% story stretched into 2 years of daily quests and raiding. I would like to see less story at first but way more developement at max level.
    Last edited by mmoc8823406b83; 2014-01-30 at 10:48 PM.

1. Thing that I personally don't like, even though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad decision, but my opinion is law so suck on that.
    2. Thing that I personally don't like, even though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad decision, but my opinion is law so suck on that.
    3. Thing that I personally don't like, even though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad decision, but my opinion is law so suck on that.
    4. Thing that I personally don't like, even though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad decision, but my opinion is law so suck on that.
    5. Thing that I personally don't like, even though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad decision, but my opinion is law so suck on that.

You can't handle this level of edge.