Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Nothing would make me not want to play WoW. I don't see a reason to quit playing a game you love because of things other people can get and you are free to ignore.
    Wonderful words!

I agree.

Deleted
    As long as its cosmetic its fine by me,and ofc i want plenty of mounts/pets that you can get by gold or farming.
    Sky Golum for example is not a store mount and imho its the best most well done mount in the game,flying that thing is a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already feel that they're crossing the line with the paid level 90s. Quit over it? Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Competitive advantages.

This game hasn't been about leveling for 4 years. I don't know what people are crying about the 90s for.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Well, I made an animated presentation of my breaking point!

I wish more people like you would quit. We need less whiny brain-dead sheep around here.
    Oh noes, letting someone buy a character that won't be max level! Pay to win is the catch phrase right? YEAH PAY TO WIN WTF.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Extra chances at gear or relevant iLvL gear would be my breaking point. Anything cosmetic or things that bring people up to an expansions bare minimum really doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    I read a lot of these threads, and unfortunately I always find myself having the unpopular "Blizzard why u hate us" opinion.

What I am wondering, however, (addressing the people defending Blizzard/or are indifferent), what would be your break point? What could they sell that would make you stop and go "hang on, this is not right."

I know there are a lot of cash shop threads, but unfortunately beating down the issue does not make it less of a problem for some people. The fact that there are so many probably means it needs to be addressed properly and transparently.

So yeah, anyway, what could they sell that'd be completely unreasonable? Titles? Gear? Mats? Recipes? Gold? (god forbid.)
    Or are you, indeed, completely fine with Blizzard making money however they can?

I personally, and many other people, seem to draw the line at boosted character. Just my opinion.
    Where is your line?
    Personally I draw the line at '50+ annoying goddamned topics all about the same thing' but that's just me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Personally, I don't care what they make buyable from the store. Gold is easy to make, leveling to 90 is not hard, and gearing up is relatively simple too, all the store would be doing is speeding up things that you can do anyways.

Now, what I might object to is if they created an entirely new aspect to the game and made it only available in the store.

It's already getting to the point of where I extremely dislike what's on the cash shop; or what is to shortly come. I'll stick around for awhile, and I don't hate the people who use it. I prefer it to be rid of when it comes to conveniences of this caliber, as instant leveling is something I always extremely disliked for anyone to obtain. I understand after a few level 90's you already pretty much have a grip on the games as a whole (Basics wise) and instant or leveling the normal way is nothing to you. However, it is not restricted as such and it's obviously supposed to appeal to people who wish to not level through the crap that Blizzard left out.

I respect people for their own choice, and I absolutely get when people dislike leveling; but it's obvious that it is going to continue to be this way forever now. I doubt Blizzard will go back on pay to progress, as they have been doing it since forever.

Deleted
    Hmm, don't know. Guess it would be if they increased the sub-cost. Otherwise I don't really have any. I don't mind they sell lvl 90 boost for WoD. Or some mounts, pets etc in a shop. They are a business, they try to earn money like anyone else. *Shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I wish more people like you would quit. We need less whiny brain-dead sheep around here.
    Oh noes, letting someone buy a character that won't be max level! Pay to win is the catch phrase right? YEAH PAY TO WIN WTF.
    O boy, somebody is angry.

Don't really care what they sell as long as equal level items can be obtained through other means.

"Its just entry level gear, it has zero effect on gameplay because its not current tier and it takes little work to get. Its good for players who want to see current content but don't have the time to grind for old gear."

I can already hear the fanboi defenders clearing their throats for this.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

I think my breaking point would be if they started selling actual gear in the shop. Not transmog skins, which I am fine with (for example, 5-7 bucks for warrior T3 xmog skins) but actual gear. All this vanity stuff is just fine because its optional, but once you start impacting the game that's when its a legitimate problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was highly addicted to gunbound. It had p2w items that didnt really bother me. If progression requires any form of payment then i would quit.

as soon as i feel like i 'have' to buy something from the store to compete.

I don't really have a breaking point, as I don't know how long my WoW career as it were will continue. It already bugs the hell out of me that they have mounts you can not obtain without plunking down close to 2 months worth of sub fees or spending insane money to do the RAF mounts. Are those reasons to quit? Not for me but they irk me. In LoL I give Riot that they let you buy all the champions with in game currency that you can earn but can skip around that with the bought currency, that is cool with me. The thing about their system that I hate is that I can't unlock skins without buying currency. Now a system like that, for the skins, were put into WoW I think that'd be the death toll for the game since they've put so much stock in transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    The reality is though, that the existence of the store has an effect on how they design the game. For example instead of making leveling more interesting they just let people buy their way out of it. Not only is it cheaper, they make money off of bad design. Each individual thing they add to the item store is individually not a big deal, when you consider everything all together including how it can potentially impact other parts of the game it becomes more of an issue.

For example, I used to love collecting mounts and pets. It was a big time sink for me and I enjoyed it. When they started selling pets and mounts I could no longer collect them all without spending real money. That made collecting them feel pointless. It sucked the enjoyment out of that activity for me, and took away that time sink that I enjoyed.

Also when you talk about pay to win, MMORPGs are all about time, everything you want to do requires time and how much time you have is a limiting factor on what you can achieve to help you "win".(and winning is seldom difficult it is more of a question how much time you have to spend or are willing to spend to do the things that help you win) Things like mounts are a time saver albeit not a huge one anymore. Experience boosts are a time saver, and instant level 90 is a hell of a time saver. They can say it isn't pay to win because the connection isn't direct, but have no doubts winning in an MMORPG is all about time, the less time you have to spend doing things that don't contribute directly to your goals, the more time you can spend getting what you need to "win". Not to mention that vanity tends to be hugely important to people in these games and having stuff that looks cool to them is winning, in that regard for those people pretty much everything in the store is pay to win.
    Very great points. Basically how I feel. But once this game goes F2P or adds stat items, i'm out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't mind the cosmetics or the pets or the toys or whatever. I don't even mind the 90s'. Heck, I couldn't care less if they sold a level 90 with full cosmetic sets and fully heirloom-geared. I wouldn't mind heirlooms not obtainable in-game being sold at the cash shop. I wouldn't give a damn if they sold exp potions.

What do I care about then? The in-game shop. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it so much. When the stuff being sold was being sold at a separate location away from my game, it didn't bother me at all what others threw their money at. But now, the shop has come in-game. It's like Blizzard trying to shove their shop down my throat. And with WoD, the friggin' buttons being everywhere. The log-in screen, in-game, wherever. That 'no need to tab out of the game to get to our shop' bullshit they're trying to pull while basically just trying to trick mindless people or children into spending more money on the cash-shop. I don't care about the contents of the cash-shop. What I do care about is them forcing the shop on me.

Even if I don't click it, I don't even want to see it on my UI. I want it as far away from me as possible.

So, to answer the question on what my cash-shop breaking point would be, it would be them flaunting with the cash shop like they have plans to do, and are doing on the ptr right now.

Also, level 100s'. That would be a big no-no.

Good looking exclusive transmog sets (the helmets were ugly as sin) & transmog weapons, exclusive content, stronger buffs, etc. Everything which is current, even if it can be optained by gameplay, because I can't trust them to not fuck up with pacing of their content or uneccessarily pad it out just to create an artificial desire to skip it via macrotransactions.