Need advice on ahoo'ru.

Currently I am sitting at 529ilevel. My problem isnt the mechanics. I am getting into phase two with 50seconds to dps. My problem is my dps. I can't seem to reach my peak dps on this boss for some reason. Every other boss I hit 130k+. Now on Ahoo'ru, I am barely hitting 80k. What could be causing my dps to drop so drastically on this one boss? Its pushing my dps well below that of what is needed. I am getting in there with more then enough time, if I could hit the dps like I know I can. Any tips as to what is going on?

Well if you're a caster, his ring cast thing is like a mini-stun that stops casting, and you also have a move out of it. pets can tank him so you don't have to move at all, but you didn't say what class you're playing

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Well if you're a caster, his ring cast thing is like a mini-stun that stops casting, and you also have a move out of it. pets can tank him so you don't have to move at all, but you didn't say what class you're playing
    Rogue. Any clue why my dps is 50k below what my normal sustained dps is outside of cds? Even a 551 frost dk with both legendary items saw their dps go horribly down on this boss. So much so that even they barely beat him.

Maybe not having procs for the last part, since they proc when you're killing the things to break his bubble. The easiest way I did it was to gather up 3 of the angels all at once and cleave them so I finished that first part really early.

Another thing a lot of people dont know is that the angel dudes only need to charge through the guy, they dont need to actuall finish their charge on him, so you just need to be on the opposite side of the guy rather than right on top of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Maybe not having procs for the last part, since they proc when you're killing the things to break his bubble. The easiest way I did it was to gather up 3 of the angels all at once and cleave them so I finished that first part really early.

Another thing a lot of people dont know is that the angel dudes only need to charge through the guy, they dont need to actuall finish their charge on him, so you just need to be on the opposite side of the guy rather than right on top of him.
    I knew the second part. The first part seems pretty RNG dependent tbh. Just did it again. didn't break 75k with all my cds. Doubt my procs would account for my dps being that far below 120k sustained and 160k burst normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I knew the second part. The first part seems pretty RNG dependent tbh. Just did it again. didn't break 75k with all my cds. Doubt my procs would account for my dps being that far below 120k sustained and 160k burst normally.
    Gotta think about how much agi you're losing from those procs not happening. 2x Dancing steel (3.3k agi), each trinket (SoO trinkets for sake of argument give around 11k each) that's 25.3k agility you're not having for your burst-y phase. On my monk my trinkets + 2x dancing steel is approximately 13% crit, that's a huge chunk to be missing for burst.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Gotta think about how much agi you're losing from those procs not happening. 2x Dancing steel (3.3k agi), each trinket (SoO trinkets for sake of argument give around 11k each) that's 25.3k agility you're not having for your burst-y phase. On my monk my trinkets + 2x dancing steel is approximately 13% crit, that's a huge chunk to be missing for burst.
    How does that explain my dps being so far below what is my normal sustained dps? Not to mention I never really line up my procs wity my cds. usually for assass its get Slice n Dice up, get rupture up, wait for energy to be highish Then hit cds. My procs are only around near the front end. I didn't break 75k Burst. That's every cds used at once. So my burst on this boss is 50k blow what my sustained is in raids and every other brawler's guild boss. Even Nibbleh. Would no procs seriously put my dps 50k+ below what my normal sustained damage is during a burst phase with blood lust + cds + potion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How does that explain my dps being so far below what is my normal sustained dps? Not to mention I never really line up my procs wity my cds. usually for assass its get Slice n Dice up, get rupture up, wait for energy to be highish Then hit cds. My procs are only around near the front end. I didn't break 75k Burst. That's every cds used at once. So my burst on this boss is 50k blow what my sustained is in raids and every other brawler's guild boss. Even Nibbleh. Would no procs seriously put my dps 50k+ below what my normal sustained damage is during a burst phase with blood lust + cds + potion ?
    I didn't say anything about lining up cd's with procs, was just saying that without procs you're going to lose anywhere between 10-15% crit chance. Should that be a 30-35% dps loss? No it shouldn't, but it will affect the dps race portion of that fight. I think when I did it on my monk with around a 510 ilvl I took him down with about 3 seconds on the enrage timer. The biggest thing is just getting his shield busted as fast as you possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I didn't say anything about lining up cd's with procs, was just saying that without procs you're going to lose anywhere between 10-15% crit chance. Should that be a 30-35% dps loss? No it shouldn't, but it will affect the dps race portion of that fight. I think when I did it on my monk with around a 510 ilvl I took him down with about 3 seconds on the enrage timer. The biggest thing is just getting his shield busted as fast as you possibly can.
    But that is my whole problem. I have the dps Normally to kill him, but its not hitting its normal mark. I have tried resetting recount right as phase two starts. My whole issue is exactly that, my dps is that much lower with cds poped then what its normally at during anything else. My dps is literally seeing a huge lose in numbers, only on this boss during phase two. Right now, I don't have the dps needed no matter how much time I have left past phase one. I need to figure out why even with cds my burst dps is not getting anywhere near my normal sustained dps of 120k.