Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW balanced like never before

currently there are 9(!) different classes among the top 11 players in the 3v3 bracket (US)

If this isn't balance, then I don't know what is.

Now if we can just get that faction balanced fixed we'd be golden

On a more serious note, I do think that Blizzard has done a relatively good job of balancing, especially when compared to years past. Release DK's /shudder

That really isn't new, if anything this just shows the healer balance more then overall balance; still the 2-3 comps dominating everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Classes are fairly balanced, yes. What you are looking at there, however, are comps. Comp balancing is nearly unobtainable in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    This only shows that the most exceptional players in wow can make any class work for them
    in their current comps.

Show me statistics where all different classes have roughly the same representation
    among hundred thousands of players then you can make a claim like that. Not before then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    That really isn't new, if anything this just shows the healer balance more then overall balance; still the 2-3 comps dominating everything
    Better than MLS in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    This only shows that the most exceptional players in wow can make any class work for them
    in their current comps.

Show me statistics where all different classes have roughly the same representation
    among hundred thousands of players then you can make a claim like that. Not before then.
    Your first statement is the whole point...exceptional players can make any class work. Not one or two or three classes, but any class. Are you expecting bad or average players to ALSO make any class work for them?

LEARN TO LOGIC

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Better than MLS in Cata.
    you mean RLS? or shadowplay? or RPS? or vangaurd cleave?

MLS and LSD was more wrath dominance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    Your first statement is the whole point...exceptional players can make any class work. Not one or two or three classes, but any class. Are you expecting bad or average players to ALSO make any class work for them?

LEARN TO LOGIC
    Wait.. what? So just because 0,01% of the playerbase can do well with maybe 2/3 (at best) of the classes it means
    that the game is balanced?

I dont see that logic. Sorry :/

Also... when good players make weak specs work its because they get carried by other good players on overpowered specs.

Example: Player 1 gets gladiator on his feral because he plays with a warrior (insanely good) and a holypriest (insanely good).

Do you see that logic?
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2014-01-31 at 04:26 AM.

Wait.. what? So just because 0,01% of the playerbase can do well with maybe 2/3 (at best) of the classes it means
    that the game is balanced?

I dont see that logic. Sorry :/
    If a class is played optimally, then a balance discussion can be had. Not before then. If you are not playing you class near perfect, then balance is thrown out the window, as skill has entered the equation. If you don't see the logic in that, then you cannot be helped.

Example: Player 1 gets gladiator on his feral because he plays with a warrior (insanely good) and a holypriest (insanely good).
    Neither of those classes are "insanely good" so... I don't see your logic. The point is that if someone can get Gladiator on a spec/class, then it's viable, just because bad players can't figure out how to do well doesn't mean it needs tons of buffs.

If every class is viable, then the game is balanced. Currently every class, and almost every spec, is viable. I'd say that's pretty damn good balance. Literally all 5 healers, and all the DPS classes are viable, not sure that's ever happened before. On top of that, the only truly overpowered class is Mages right now, though Rogues aren't far behind, so I'd call that pretty damn balanced as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    If a class is played optimally, then a balance discussion can be had. Not before then. If you are not playing you class near perfect, then balance is thrown out the window, as skill has entered the equation. If you don't see the logic in that, then you cannot be helped.
    I see your take on that logic but i dont feel it can be applied to wow pvp balance because there is such a small percentage that can do that and
    it is only with the help of imbalanced/overpowered specs. Thats the thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Neither of those classes are "insanely good" so... I don't see your logic. The point is that if someone can get Gladiator on a spec/class, then it's viable, just because bad players can't figure out how to do well doesn't mean it needs tons of buffs.
    Except. Some classes are only viable in the same comp as overpowered classes. How can you ignore that fact?

Except. Some classes are only viable in the same comp as overpowered classes. How can you ignore that fact?
    Classes synergize more or less the same as they always have. Rogue/Mage/X is strong, SPriest/Mage/X is strong, Lock/Mage/X is strong, Rogue/SPriest/X is strong, Rogue/Boomkin/X is strong, and you could say it's because of Mages and Rogues being strong, but those comps have *always* been really good, through any number of buffs/nerfs. Same goes for most of the Warrior teams.

The only comp that's kind of new and different (excluding Monk comps, obviously) is Warrior/Mage/X, which works because of the massive control/burst both classes have. But it's far from the best comp ever, and there are lots of comps that beat it.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there's lots of viable comps right now, and every class is viable. Which by definition means that it's pretty balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed Vanguards hasnt carried a priest into the top 10 on his Enh shaman to replace a healing shaman. And if Mes was still really playing I am sure you could get a DK up there as well.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I see your take on that logic but i dont feel it can be applied to wow pvp balance because there is such a small percentage that can do that and it is only with the help of imbalanced/overpowered specs. Thats the thing.
    Now you're contradicting yourself. You just posted that the exceptional could make any class work for them, meaning at the highest levels, all classes are balanced. Now you're saying that only imbalanced/overpowered specs are what aid the exceptional....which one is it?

The point is, at the highest levels of play, class balance is about even, based on the data from the OP. Before that point there are so many other factors (skill/gear) that come into play that it's very difficult to determine the winning factor. IF there was an imba/overpowdered spec, you would see the exceptional players taking advantage of that and it would show in the data. Unfortunately for you it doesn't.

Such a ranking Shows nothing, you Need to see class/spec represeantation totally above 2.2k in 3s. then you see that ist complete bullshit.

You can say healers are quiet balanced. But then the dps they Play with is 3-4 classes over and over again.

Some classes dont even appear above 1% represeantation while others have like 15% lol.

Balance my ass. Go play SP and then come back and speak about Balance

10+ Year Old Account
    Go play SP and then come back and speak about Balance
    SP is no longer too weak to play, if you stopped crying about not being overpowered you might realize that.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...200&ladder=3v3

Look at the most played weekly line up. WHATS THAT SHADOW PRIEST....
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

what this show is that there is a comp for almost every class that can be good.
    but the whole balance problem is with in the fact that you need to play with certian classes to make it to the top. you will never reach the top with a resto shaman/ele shaman/ret pala. but what if my irl friends play shamans and i play pala. then i will never make it to the top doesn't matter how good i'm.

and thats the whole problem with balancing atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    currently there are 9(!) different classes among the top 11 players in the 3v3 bracket (US)

If this isn't balance, then I don't know what is.
    And now check how many specs. Resto sham and druids arms war frost mages and affli lock. YAWN

Multi-R1 level players will always make their class work.
    Thus we've seen Tyrannical and Cataclysmic warriors more recently despite them being bad or outshined in those seasons. R1. Will make it work.

Please come back to me when the game isn't balanced over random cheese mechanics that bring out RMDs, PHDk globals and whatever the hell it is ele shaman burst iss.