10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    @ZaulTV @Rygarius not currently planning any PVE-focused balance hotfixes. Rather focus as much energy on WoD dev as humanly possible.
    Blizzard hiring robots to work on wow Confirmed.

HIRE MORE POEPLE AND DELAY THEN ANYWAY cause maybe could have made it better löl jk fuck everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Ofc what's always interesting is even without Beta Blizz keeps giving more and more info. Basically never know what to expect week to week. I don't think anyone saw Fem Nelf coming this week.
    See, this is what I cling to. There might very well come a point that we're so inundated with info we can't keep up.

New character model reveal! (kick to the shins)
    Garrison Blog # 1! (punch to the gut)
    Datamining, datamining, datamining! (left, right, left)
    Two more models! (black eye)
    Garrison Blog # 2 ... with # 3 the next day! (kick to the nuts)

etc, etc. LOL

It could happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    HIRE MORE POEPLE AND DELAY THEN ANYWAY cause maybe could have made it better löl jk fuck everyone
    Tourettes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    See, this is what I cling to. There might very well come a point that we're so inundated with info we can't keep up.

New character model reveal! (kick to the shins)
    Garrison Blog # 1! (punch to the gut)
    Datamining, datamining, datamining! (left, right, left)
    Two more models! (black eye)
    Garrison Blog # 2 ... with # 3 the next day! (kick to the nuts)

etc, etc. LOL

It could happen.
    The week alpga was announced info was streaming in at a nice rate. I want it to always be like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would help if there was less fear about wording things wrong or making "promises". Its really a no win situation.

We do get at minimum 1 large piece of news every week. Who its big to is subjective, but things like female night elf reveal are big to many people, even if its not for MMO-C folks on average. Even things like the LFR changes are unimportant to some people.

Anyways on a different but related note: @Dolsonwow should have some news on Bigger Bag soon. (The achievement)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt and saying that this obvious delay wouldn't hurt their game as much as people thought.

Now I'm pretty positive that there will be a major MAJOR sub loss that WoD might not be able to fix.

I mean, Wildstar is pretty hyped up and if Blizzard doesn't retaliate with something that is just more subs out the window. (That being said I know W* isn't everyone's slice of cake.)
    whatever man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Blizzard hiring robots to work on wow Confirmed.
    might be the only way to see WoD done in time

New theory: they are going to do a 2nd info dump to coincide with the actual Alpha launch. That's where the new build will be and where the garrison blogs will be.

- - - Updated - - -

They are hinting at too much for something to not happen soon. About a week ago they started answering tons of class questions about things that have changed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since WoD news is so thin, anyone got thoughts on this? http://www.gamespot.com/articles/top.../1100-6419543/

Still think HD versions of WC RTS games.

Still think HD versions of WC RTS games.
    I'd pay good money for these, and maybe a few bonus missions on the side or potential for DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Since WoD news is so thin, anyone got thoughts on this? http://www.gamespot.com/articles/top.../1100-6419543/
    It's just going to be Overwatch, whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering is a book on software engineering and project management by Fred Brooks, whose central theme is that "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later".
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'd pay good money for these, and maybe a few bonus missions on the side or potential for DLC
    I don't think i like the idea of DLC for story. Its kind of a dick move.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeakeal View Post
    I don't think i like the idea of DLC for story. Its kind of a dick move.
    Well given it's set pre-WoW I was talking more about side missions to expand on story at the time of WC3, as opposed to present day stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Well given it's set pre-WoW I was talking more about side missions to expand on story at the time of WC3, as opposed to present day stuff
    Oh I'm talking about expounding past story too, Blizzard has always patched more story in, even the map side campaign in frozen throne. I wouldn't pay extra over and over for little mission slots. That's a EA Gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeakeal View Post
    Oh I'm talking about expounding past story too, Blizzard has always patched more story in, even the map side campaign in frozen throne. I wouldn't pay extra over and over for little mission slots. That's a EA Gig.
    Yeah, i'd rather not pay, but the way the gaming industry is these days, paid DLC would be the most likely type of update

#Warlords of December, trending

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering is a book on software engineering and project management by Fred Brooks, whose central theme is that "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later".
    Correct, we won't see results from the 40% increase to the WoW team until at least the next expansion, maybe even longer depending on the learning curve for some of their departments.

However, they could have at least handled it so the expansion didn't take longer (much much longer) and was released at relatively the same speed as usual.

Another super interesting part of that book's wiki page is this and I thought of the Jade Forest, and potentially the redone WoD starting area:

The pilot system[edit]
    When designing a new kind of system, a team will design a throw-away system (whether it intends to or not). This system acts as a "pilot plant" that reveals techniques that will subsequently cause a complete redesign of the system. This second, smarter system should be the one delivered to the customer, since delivery of the pilot system would cause nothing but agony to the customer, and possibly ruin the system's reputation and maybe even the company.