Quote Originally Posted by Zeakeal View Post
    They do have 2 expansions in the pipeline as far as story-boarding goes. A ballsy opinion would be if they have increased the team to where they can put 4 month major content cycles out and still develop the next expac at the same time after releasing WoD.
    They always have multiple expansions in the pipeline..... the ballsy part comes from thinking they will announce a new expac this Blizzcon

"Let me see if I got the question right, you want to know if a Level 90 soloing older Raid tiers will have as difficult a time post stat squish?

There will be special handling in place for players to retain the ability to solo older raid content. Players will deal bonus damage against and take reduced damage from lower-level creatures from past expansions."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...and-old-raids/

I'm not sure if that's anything new so I thought I might as well post it.

Edit: Feel free to correct me if that's old news.

I believe that's been assumed. I don't think it was official till now. In the past they said "don't worry, we will make sure soloing is fine".
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    "Let me see if I got the question right, you want to know if a Level 90 soloing older Raid tiers will have as difficult a time post stat squish?

There will be special handling in place for players to retain the ability to solo older raid content. Players will deal bonus damage against and take reduced damage from lower-level creatures from past expansions."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...and-old-raids/

I'm not sure if that's anything new so I thought I might as well post it.

Edit: Feel free to correct me if that's old news.
    Yes it is old news, more than old news. Like November 2013 old

Well darn, I should look these things up next time.

Actually that isn't old, thats new in a sense and it makes me wanna ask a question that I think I will ask on Twitter.

So this basically shows they will be doing calculations behind the scenes to make the damage work on older content so people don't just fall over in 1 shot due to the squish. The question to ask is: If we are already having serious problems calculation MoP Numbers how will calculations on top of the MoP Numbers help the situation at all, wouldn't it, in the end, make it much worse?

This also goes against what they previously had been saying where the squish was a global change, if it was a global change everything would be tuned around it, which it appears is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Actually that isn't old, thats new in a sense and it makes me wanna ask a question that I think I will ask on Twitter.

So this basically shows they will be doing calculations behind the scenes to make the damage work on older content so people don't just fall over in 1 shot due to the squish. The question to ask is: If we are already having serious problems calculation MoP Numbers how will calculations on top of the MoP Numbers help the situation at all, wouldn't it, in the end, make it much worse?

This also goes against what they previously had been saying where the squish was a global change, if it was a global change everything would be tuned around it, which it appears is not the case.
    That is only going to be for old-world dungeons and raids, so people can still solo them as they have been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That is only going to be for old-world dungeons and raids, so people can still solo them as they have been for years.
    That still doesn't answer the question..... would it not aggravate the system even more if they are doing it that way because it calculates the squish and the old (current) MoP Numbers?

That still doesn't answer the question..... would it not aggravate the system even more if they are doing it that way because it calculates the squish and the old (current) MoP Numbers?
    I don't really understand what you're getting at, so I can't answer that?

I don't really understand what you're getting at, so I can't answer that?
    The reason for the squish in the first place is because the current system cannot physically handle all the calculations it is doing. So with this announcement they are basically saying that when you are soloing raids (or more than likely doing any old raid with a group as well) you will get a seperate calculation to boost you from Squish numbers to that expansions (or raids) specific numbers. This would basically mean the game is calculating (if you take a raid like Terrace of Endless Springs) the squish change along side the old Mists of Pandaria numbers, if the system itself is having trouble calculating Mists of Pandaria numbers, how the hell would calculating a squish on top of it NOT aggravate the system even further?

The reason for the squish in the first place is because the current system cannot physically handle all the calculations it is doing. So with this announcement they are basically saying that when you are soloing raids (or more than likely doing any old raid with a group as well) you will get a seperate calculation to boost you from Squish numbers to that expansions (or raids) specific numbers. This would basically mean the game is calculating (if you take a raid like Terrace of Endless Springs) the squish change along side the old Mists of Pandaria numbers, if the system itself is having trouble calculating Mists of Pandaria numbers, how the hell would calculating a squish on top of it NOT aggravate the system even further?
    Urh.. it's not "simulating" the stat squish. It's being squished across the board. Everything is being reduced. The stat squish is not an extra internal step. It's a concept that they're employing by reducing the stats on everything.

All this would be is giving us a buff in old-world content to raise out stats exponentially.
    Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2014-05-15 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It cant handle the end cap on the number, not divisions and multipliers. if that was the case we would have been screwed long ago

Urh.., it's not "simulating" the stat squish. It's being squished across the board. Everything is being reduced. The stat squish is not an extra internal step. It's a concept that they're employing by reducing the stats on everything.

All this would be is giving us a buff in old-world content to raise out stats exponentially.
    I now understand, I read WAY the hell too much into what he said. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

It cant handle the end cap on the number, not divisions and multipliers. if that was the case we would have been screwed long ago
    We have never had a case with end cap numbers and division on top of it, all during a live simulation, which is originally what I thought the squish would be back before they clarified stuff in November.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what was explained to me, by the second tier in WoD they would have run out of what boils down to usable numbers. Not to mention the entire first tier making garrosh's reappearing health trick look like rainbows and sunshine.

From what was explained to me, by the second tier in WoD they would have run out of what boils down to usable numbers. Not to mention the entire first tier making garrosh's reappearing health trick look like rainbows and sunshine.
    Oh I know that, I am not arguing against the squish, thank god for it actually, my god tier PC was having FPS issues in 25mans with only Skada and DBM on, it needed to happen, I just assume they are going about it the correct way and actually globally reducing stats, what they said today made me question weather they were doing that because of the discussion that buff, which would basically be a multiplier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why no mention of female genders in Draenor?
    You could have female Ogres, Saberon, Arrakoa, and so forth.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Why no mention of female genders in Draenor?
    You could have female Ogres, Saberon, Arrakoa, and so forth.
    Has there ever been an NPC races (besides pre-Cata goblins) that have had a female model?

It's pretty much just harpies, centaur and quillboars
    It's kind of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's pretty much just harpies, centaur and quillboars
    It's kind of shit
    male harpies? (thought he was talking about having both genders)
    Last edited by Zeakeal; 2014-05-15 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Has there ever been an NPC races (besides pre-Cata goblins) that have had a female model?
    High Elves and Blood Elves used to be male and female before BC as well- they used terrifying recolors of Night Elf models. Of course, Shivarra and Succubi are female. Eredar have females. Vrykul had females (except for Kvaldir and Iron Vrykul).

And as others have pointed out: harpies, quillboars, and centaur. Not to mention Dryads/Nymphs.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.