Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Because the other tanks do. Keep up.
    But other dps don't. Derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the other tanks do. Keep up.
    And this should remain the case, because...?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    except tanks who now have one less interrupt than other tank classes. and other classes have a lot of other tools in space of the other interrupt to use
    Since when do other tanks have multiple interrupts? Oh right.... They don't.

So... What exactly is your point here? I realize PvE players rarely know what they're talking about in terms of balance, but I mean... What is even your point? You're bad at interrupting and need two so if you miss your first people won't notice? No other class has that luxury...

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    I guess critical and objective thinking is a foreign concept to most WoW players.
    For example I played Ele shaman since Wrath and they were unplayable during 4.1 and 5.1 in both PvE and PvP, they are significantly better now and this goes for many specs.
    Yeah I see that.
    I find the activity of this forum highly amusing on threads like this. God must there be a high amount of butthurt people being touched by warriors on bad spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    But other dps don't. Derp.
    DPS DKs and Monks DO have two interrupts. Same as warriors. Only the paladin second interrupt is tank specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    And this should remain the case, because...?
    It doesn't have to remain the case. I am happy for them to try new things with interrupt mechanics and the way it works in future. Future being the key word. Roll out reduced CC for all classes, reduced interrupts and all of that. But do it all at once. Not a random nerf to warriors when everything else is untouched.

Surely you can see that changing it during the middle of a tier for one class only for no reason other than to nerf PVP is a little bit annoying?

And why warriors but not the others?

Wait till the end of the raid tier. Change the class mechanics in 6.0. But if you want to nerf warriors for the new PVP season, do it in a way that doesn't affect PVE. Is that too much to ask?
    Last edited by Leih; 2014-02-04 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's much better then charge becoming a gap closer+Root 2.0.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Since when do other tanks have multiple interrupts? Oh right.... They don't.

So... What exactly is your point here? I realize PvE players rarely know what they're talking about in terms of balance, but I mean... What is even your point? You're bad at interrupting and need two so if you miss your first people won't notice? No other class has that luxury...
    The crybabies have a point. Other tanks do have multiple interrupts. However, it hardly matters. I can't think of any Garrosh fight I've done where the group actually had to rely on multiple interrupts from tanks when it's the dps who deal with the mc'd in general (since you don't just deal with them simply by interrupting them, they actually need to be dps'ed as well). It's a weak ass argument at best.

- - - Updated - - -

DPS DKs and Monks DO have two interrupts. Same as warriors. Only the paladin second interrupt is tank specific.

It doesn't have to remain the case. I am happy for them to try new things with interrupt mechanics and the way it works in future.

But surely you can see that changing it during the middle of a tier for one class only for no reason other than to nerf PVP is a little bit annoying?

And why warriors but not the others?

Wait till the end of the raid tier. Change the class mechanics in 6.0. But if you want to nerf warriors for the new PVP season, do it in a way that doesn't affect PVE. Is that too much to ask?
    So you managed to pull two out of a pile of dps specs. Congratulations. Again, why would it matter in a group of at least 10 people?

To answer your question about why warriors and not others, refer to Blizzard's statement in regards to PvP: warriors, overall, have far more ways to lock down casters when you factor in things like charge on top of the two affected vs every other class/spec.

10+ Year Old Account

So you managed to pull two out of a pile of dps specs. Congratulations. Again, why would it matter in a group of at least 10 people?

To answer your question about why warriors and not others, refer to Blizzard's statement in regards to PvP: warriors, overall, have far more ways to lock down casters when you factor in things like charge on top of the two affected vs every other class/spec.
    You just don't get what the problem is. And I've said it so many times but all you folks come back with is "You're just bad if you think your raid will wipe now because of it," etc. etc.

That's nonsense. Nowhere did I say that I am worried it will be a huge problem in my raid or anything like that. It's just an inconvenience, but only a small one.

The reason it's annoying is because there is just no reason at all to inflict that inconvenience on us, and it's no fun to feel weaker compared to others all of a sudden when there's no justification from a PVE perspective.

Why should I be like "I'm happy I'm being nerfed, thank you!" and not say anything against it when there's no justification?

Why can't it just be a PVP-only change? No one has an answer to that. The fact that all the other tank-capable classes can do the same as we could is just to counter the argument that "warriors don't deserve 2 interrupts since others don't have them."

I should shut up and be happy to be nerfed simply because Blizzard are too lazy to implement it as a PVP-only mechanic?

10+ Year Old Account
    dese forums are full of pve ppl. so if u side with teh pvp side of things, you`re in for a bad time D: ! wrong forums for dat.

Try posting this thread in arenajunkies and get some popcorn D:

Deleted
    You just don't get what the problem is. And I've said it so many times but all you folks come back with is "You're just bad if you think your raid will wipe now because of it," etc. etc.

That's nonsense. Nowhere did I say that I am worried it will be a huge problem in my raid or anything like that. It's just an inconvenience, but only a small one.

The reason it's annoying is because there is just no reason at all to inflict that inconvenience on us, and it's no fun to feel weaker compared to others all of a sudden when there's no justification from a PVE perspective.

Why should I be like "I'm happy I'm being nerfed, thank you!" and not say anything against it when there's no justification?

Why can't it just be a PVP-only change? No one has an answer to that. The fact that all the other tank-capable classes can do the same as we could is just to counter the argument that "warriors don't deserve 2 interrupts since others don't have them."

I should shut up and be happy to be nerfed simply because Blizzard are too lazy to implement it as a PVP-only mechanic?
    You shouldn't expect to get reasonable opinions in a thread infested with non-warrior trolls, "pvp is a minigame" trolls and "dumb dragonslayers" trolls.

It's a gratious nerf on PvE, whose only excuse it's Blizzard lazyness to sustain to separate sets of skills for pve and pvp. Discuss why it serves a purpose or not in pvp, or the thread might as well be closed. There is nothing to discuss on the pve side.

Warriors got the mother of all buffs this expansion for both PvE and PvP. So now that they're making a change that only has a minor effect on your utility (not even your dps or survivability) you somehow think that now they're picking on you? Please......

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    While I'm not particularly fond of your attitude, I share your sentiment. PvP balance has been almost wholly sacrificed so that everyone can get their favourite spec into PvE, and never be more than 3% apart in performance. And while PvE performance may well be the most balanced it's ever been, PvP balance is arguably at an all-time low.

I believe there's correlation.
    What class is within 3% of warlocks?

Deleted
    Warriors got the mother of all buffs this expansion for both PvE and PvP. So now that they're making a change that only has a minor effect on your utility (not even your dps or survivability) you somehow think that now they're picking on you? Please......
    they got the buffs as a knee jerk for them being shit all expansion. and as usual blizz fucked it up. and are now fucking it up more trying to fix what they fucked up.

they got the buffs as a knee jerk for them being shit all expansion. and as usual blizz fucked it up. and are now fucking it up more trying to fix what they fucked up.
    And again you can't see the trees for the forest. This change has absolutely no relationship with the buffs they received. So it's not them trying to "fix what they fucked up" outside of an early step to fix what they fucked up for EVERYONE in terms of CC, as they clearly mentioned in the post.

Deleted
    And again you can't see the trees for the forest. This change has absolutely no relationship with the buffs they received. So it's not them trying to "fix what they fucked up" outside of an early step to fix what they fucked up for EVERYONE in terms of CC, as they clearly mentioned in the post.
    inccorrect. this talent wasnt an issue when warriors were hitting like wet noodles. Now they have ott damage its an issue due to being able to lock down casters and do very heavy damage.

If they hadnt fucked the dmg buffs up this change would not be needed

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is the nerf that drives you to make a "fed up" thread out of anger, you haven't been around for very long...

This is hardly a hindrance. If this is an argument you wanted to bring up, you're a little late to the party.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    What class is within 3% of warlocks?
    Other warlocks.

Deleted
    -snip-

Ahh, this game.

-Please refrain from trolling-
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2014-02-04 at 08:50 PM.

inccorrect. this talent wasnt an issue when warriors were hitting like wet noodles. Now they have ott damage its an issue due to being able to lock down casters and do very heavy damage.

If they hadnt fucked the dmg buffs up this change would not be needed
    Yes, it was an issue before. They've been saying for awhile they're going to re-hash cc going forward. Being able to lock someone down and damage done to them are 2 entirely separate things. Sub rogues can also lock down, well, anyone through hard stuns, but they don't do tremendous damage. They rely on teammates to do that, so even if warriors still hit like wet noodles, it would STILL be an issue. Logic is hard.

You can easily tell the difference in maturity and age between people who engage in PvP VS PvE. Reading this entire thread and every other one like it, it's always the same.
    PvE says why cant blizz make PvP/PvE seperate
    PvP'ers bombard with "Dragonslayers suck" "gtfo outta my game nub" "PvE Hero"

First off, this game was made around PvE. PvP was added to give the CASUAL/Non-Committed player base something to do. PvP expanded when players realized that they didn't need to be committed to a MMORPG (You probably shouldn't play an MMO if you can't commit), and thus enjoyed this aspect more. In my honest opinion PvP was one of the biggest mistakes to this game. It's constantly causing issues for BOTH sides. You can't have a balanced game around both, and not just mechanic side either.

Example: Every Expansion yields new raids, new dungeons, and now new scenarios, and every new expansion PvP'ers complain that there isn't new battlegrounds, or new arenas (although this changed with MoP). So, lets say the game is 50 - 50 on both sides, as long as Blizzard makes changes to one side, the other side will be unhappy thus making half of the player base either hate the game/quit/break. In order for Blizzard to have the pure game that it once was, they need to do one of two things.

1) Get rid of PvP or PvE -> Let's face it, PvE brings in A LOT more money for them then PvP does.
    2) Stop being lazy (You really think they dont have separate effects for PvE and PvP because it's not casual friendly?) and implement PvE/PvP differences.

Sure, they will lose 50% of their player base, or maybe even they wont. Seeing as this game has become a lifestyle to most. But with making the game just focus on one aspect, they may be able to bring the sub numbers back up. No more having to split dev time between the two can yield more content/features for the chosen side. Which in the end may make it more appealing instead of the demographic they have now.

All in all, PvE'ers are a lot more sensitive when it comes to changes to their game. But that is what an MMORPG is about, Immersion, and Character Progression. While PvP'ers are the trolls, and the ones that flame over us voicing our opinion. When one class becomes weak in PvP it's a simple switch to another class (By this I mean you don't have to completely gear up an entire toon which depends on drop rates/weekly caps etc -> Yes I know there is a Conquest cap, but the difference from Honor to Conquest isn't THAT big of a difference and you can farm starter gear in just a short time.). While the PvE side has to wait for Legendaries, Drops, Valor Cap, LFR coin rolls, etc.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it'll just further prove my point.
    Last edited by Emaias; 2014-02-04 at 08:53 PM.