Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Vicious mounts not account wide

Huge dissapointment when I logged one of my alts and found out my vicious skeletal warhorse was not there. Apparantly for some rediculous reason they've decided it should be bound to a single character.

My question is, why? PVE mounts are account wide and when we finally get a cool mount for pvp you can only use it on one character.. Isn't the whole point of account wide mounts that you can show your achivements on your alts? Why make an exception for this? I mean you can use the mount you get from killing garrosh on all of your characters, but winning 100 arena games is apparantly too much of an achivement to be able to share with your alts.

Really? I seriously didn't know about that and I agree, it is stupid. I guess I can just put time into getting a kor'kron war wolf instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    Huge dissapointment when I logged one of my alts and found out my vicious skeletal warhorse was not there. Apparantly for some rediculous reason they've decided it should be bound to a single character.

My question is, why? PVE mounts are account wide and when we finally get a cool mount for pvp you can only use it on one character.. Isn't the whole point of account wide mounts that you can show your achivements on your alts? Why make an exception for this? I mean you can use the mount you get from killing garrosh on all of your characters, but winning 100 arena games is apparantly too much of an achivement to be able to share with your alts.
    Probably a bug. Might want to check the bug report forums.

I'll never understand their different standpoint on pvp vs pve mounts. Why is this mount not account wide but a mount like Heroic Garrosh's mount is?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug. It's just the way it is. First one is for the toon who earned it. When you complete the second tier of the achievement, you get another one and I believe you can send that one to another toon on the same server/faction. When you complete the third tier of the achievement, you get an account-bound version.

At least that's what it was last season when I was RBG'ing...don't think they changed anything but I could be wrong here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Probably a bug. Might want to check the bug report forums.
    It's not a bug. When you get the achivement you get an item named vicious saddle send to your mailbox, this item is BoA and you can send it further to your alts so they can buy the mount at the vendor. This makes it even more rediculous.

edit: Oh so apparantly you must use the first one yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    It's not a bug. It's just the way it is. First one is for the toon who earned it. When you complete the second tier of the achievement, you get another one and I believe you can send that one to another toon on the same server/faction. When you complete the third tier of the achievement, you get an account-bound version.

At least that's what it was last season when I was RBG'ing...don't think they changed anything but I could be wrong here.
    I can't find the second tier of this achivement in my list.. It just says Grievous Combatant completed with 109/100 wins and 5/40 RBG wins.

It is stupid to make pve mounts account wide but not pvp mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's such a stupid policy and I feel it alienates PvP players making their rewards seem not as great as PvE rewards that are account wide. I sure hope Blizzard changes their stance on this because it really doesn't make any sense.

This is stupid design. What the point of account wide mounts when there's exceptions?

It's intended (I could look for blue post confirming it, but I'm too lazy). They are BoA (like heirlooms) but once you learn them they are not account wide. It's this way because they want artificially lengthen their 'uniqueness' so that next season you still want to farm wins to get another one and send it to alt and then another one, for another alt. So instead of adding new mount every season as casual pvp reward, they can put new one in the store for increased profit.

PVE mounts are account wide
    Not every mount is.
    I don't think it's a problem.

I can't find the second tier of this achivement in my list.. It just says Grievous Combatant completed with 109/100 wins and 5/40 RBG wins.
    He refers to RBG mount which follows same rules (BoA but not account-wide), and you can get 3 of those on every char (for 100,200,300 wins achi I think)

Deleted
    It was intentional and has been since they first introduced the account-wide mounts in Cata.

I agree though, it is quite weird that HC raiders have their mounts on their level 20s but rank one glads don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Not every mount is.
    I don't think it's a problem.
    Name one PvE mount that isn't account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Name one PvE mount that isn't account wide.
    challenge mode.

Also I feel like the brawler one isn't either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    challenge mode.
    Ah, true and that should be account wide too so you can collect all colors. But that's one PvE mount compared to all PvP titles and most PvP mounts. It's a huge disparity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    challenge mode.
    Yep, exactly.

Blizz wants the 'I'm insanely skilled with this class' to have rewards exclusive to them, and that makes sense IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I dont think there is any PvP rewarded mount that is shared through the account? except the ones you earn through honor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yep, exactly.

Blizz wants the 'I'm insanely skilled with this class' to have rewards exclusive to them, and that makes sense IMO.
    So killing garrosh is not being skilled in their eyes? I for one can't tank for shit, yet I'd still be able to run around on the mount on my warrior

Deleted
    Just another reason for me not to ever bother with the PVP side of things.
    If it was account wide I might have considered getting some PVP gear together and making an effort towards it, but its not, so I wont.