Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    But MOP's alt unfriendliness still makes me not want to play my alts and finish leveling the last 4 85's I have.
    I made an alt for the first time last week; my very first alt in the history of this game. It has full heirlooms (minus the ring) courtesy of my main, and I'm honestly having fun leveling it.

If you don't mind, would you be able to point out specifics regarding the "unfriendliness?" I'm not experiencing this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    What part of 1.8 million lost subs last year is hard for you to understand? Just because they started giving away the battlechest and mop for a sale and the numbers slightly increased doesn't erase the fact that almost 2 million people left the game just last year. That was WITH content rolling out fast. You honestly believe they'll gain 1.8 million this year with half the year having no content? So delusional.
    ALL that doesn't matter the fact is unless wow deeps under 500k subs wow ain't dying just slowing down a bit i seen your posts and all you do is cry.Also did you know that any mmo with one million subs is a success think about it for a min wow has 7million plus your logic is flawed sir!
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2014-02-07 at 06:14 PM.

It is so easy to get this sub base to over 20+ million. No one thinks outside the box at blizzard. So easy to triple their revenues. Again no one thinks outside the box at blizzard.

Deleted
    Someoen should add expansion releases and big content patches to that subscription graph.

Want to get a snapshot of the 'Who's Who?' in vile, dregs of the gaming world?

Post sub numbers for WoW. The miserable lowlifes will come out of their holes to spread their weird hatred around like an angry kid pissing in on a birthday cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianic View Post
    I made an alt for the first time last week; my very first alt in the history of this game. It has full heirlooms (minus the ring) courtesy of my main, and I'm honestly having fun leveling it.

If you don't mind, would you be able to point out specifics regarding the "unfriendliness?" I'm not experiencing this myself.
    It's not the levelling its the gearing etc, it actually isn't too bad now, but it was horrendous because the catch up mechanics were obliterated for the most of mop, it really wasn't good for alts until the last big patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Maybe you should read the entire thing instead of jumping in like some fanboy.

Keep it civil
    Considering I don't have an active sub right now and I only play hearthstone a little right now I fail to see how I'm a "fanboy". Sorry though I'm not going to read through 20+ pages while at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    It is so easy to get this sub base to over 20+ million. No one thinks outside the box at blizzard. So easy to triple their revenues. Again no one thinks outside the box at blizzard.
    It's amazing they haven't hired you then, if it's so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianic View Post

Initially, rep grind was a problem. Now, the biggest problem is the legendary quest chain.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I see a lot of people saying it's impossible for subs to continue to go up, but I only have one point, that's already been said, that I want to reiterate.

People are exciting for WoD. A large segment of the populated that hated the stupid Panda idea and quit on that alone (and there was a lot of us), is now returning for the idea of playing "old warcraft." What a lot of people fail to understand is that people did not quit on MoP because it wasn't dark enough. We quit on MoP because MoP was officially over the line as far as stretching the story and atmosphere of the game that we loved. I almost ripped my hair out at a space ship crash landing on Azeroth and that whole aspect of BC, but worked through it (with eyes closed) becaise there was plenty of other things that felt like real WoW. However 90% of MoP felt like a complete deviation from the Warcraft story and it made it unbearable to play despite VAST improvements to game play.

Then I saw someone else say (I don't feel like finding and quoting) "Why come back, WoD is 6 months away from being released?". The answer is: 1. The sheer excitement of WoD made people not want to wait until we knew a release date to play again, and 2. it takes time get your characters up to 90, ready and relearn the game by the time it is released. For people who have not played since WotLK there are a lot of new features, talents, selecing specializations, mass availability of dual spec (specifically while leveing), almost all classes have new resources, and the list goes on. So there is a ton of NEW content for those players.

This again, is just a theory, maybe subs will drop again, but I am basing all this off my own personal experiences. All the above is why I came back after not playing since Wotlk, and I am actually having fun. I have fun soloing old content and leveling new characters. This game has a lot more options to play than it ever did. Not to mention RAF and Scroll of Ressurection bonuses are great. I got back into it, and as of today I've brought 5 of my friends back into it. So there are 6 of the 200k.

Random opinion: In hindsight, the Pandaria thing wasn't so bad. However, I still think they should have never allowed Pandas to join horde or alliance. You could easily still have monks for other races but I will never forgive Pandas joining Horde and Alliance. People say, oh but we "already have talking cows". When it was Orcs and Humans, the game was great. When they added trolls and elves, dwarves, golbins, ogres, it felt like a good fit. When they added multiple factions of different types of elves, in addition to Cow Men and gnomes, felt like "ok, this is stretching it, but sure." Then they added space ships and pandas and it felt like the game went way too far and ruined aspects of the game. Everyone has their own "line" for what is or isn't too far (there is no strict definition) but MoP did cross it for a lot of people.

**First time poster in god knows how long, maybe ever?**

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    That are numbers from december when content was still "fresh" now its going downwards because nobody wants to do another 6month of dead realms an SoO again and again again and again and again and again... you get the point...
    In two weeks Blizzard will start the Pre Sale of WOD, which gives you an instant 90. New class to play.

Then in the pre-event for WOD Blizzard will introduce the item squish, AND apply the new Mythic Raiding to SoO. So BRAND NEW RACE to WORLD FIRST MYTHIC.

So dude, you get the point?
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Glad to hear it is up, but I can tell you that I have never let my sub go inactive since starting in January of 2005 and as of January 2014 I no longer have an active sub. Every other xpac has held my attention throughout the entire expansion even terrible cata. But MOP's alt unfriendliness still makes me not want to play my alts and finish leveling the last 4 85's I have. I can see these numbers cropping very rapidly if they do not release WOD before Summer.

I hope I am wrong, but one one wants to be stuck in china for another 10-12 months.
    While I agree Warlords needs to be out for June/July.

I do not agree with this alt-unfriendliness, sure in 5.0 it was tough to gear an alt, but in 5.4 no sorry not buying that at all.

My monk dinged 90 last Friday and she cleared all of LFR already.

Would you like them to just mail you the gear?

I agree with Blizz here, you are actually meant to play your alts, not just mail them gear and watch them.

I like the legendary quest here actually as it has kept the old LFR going.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    In two weeks Blizzard will start the Pre Sale of WOD, which gives you an instant 90. New class to play.

Then in the pre-event for WOD Blizzard will introduce the item squish, AND apply the new Mythic Raiding to SoO. So BRAND NEW RACE to WORLD FIRST MYTHIC.

So dude, you get the point?
    None of that is content.

Deleted
    it wont last, its just a blip.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Padding the numbers

Deleted
    OMG There it is WoW is LIVING

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyann View Post
    I see a lot of people saying it's impossible for subs to continue to go up, but I only have one point, that's already been said, that I want to reiterate.

People are exciting for WoD. A large segment of the populated that hated the stupid Panda idea and quit on that alone (and there was a lot of us), is now returning for the idea of playing "old warcraft." What a lot of people fail to understand is that people did not quit on MoP because it wasn't dark enough. We quit on MoP because MoP was officially over the line as far as stretching the story and atmosphere of the game that we loved. I almost ripped my hair out at a space ship crash landing on Azeroth and that whole aspect of BC, but worked through it (with eyes closed) becaise there was plenty of other things that felt like real WoW. However 90% of MoP felt like a complete deviation from the Warcraft story and it made it unbearable to play despite VAST improvements to game play.

Then I saw someone else say (I don't feel like finding and quoting) "Why come back, WoD is 6 months away from being released?". The answer is: 1. The sheer excitement of WoD made people not want to wait until we knew a release date to play again, and 2. it takes time get your characters up to 90, ready and relearn the game by the time it is released. For people who have not played since WotLK there are a lot of new features, talents, selecing specializations, mass availability of dual spec (specifically while leveing), almost all classes have new resources, and the list goes on. So there is a ton of NEW content for those players.

This again, is just a theory, maybe subs will drop again, but I am basing all this off my own personal experiences. All the above is why I came back after not playing since Wotlk, and I am actually having fun. I have fun soloing old content and leveling new characters. This game has a lot more options to play than it ever did. Not to mention RAF and Scroll of Ressurection bonuses are great. I got back into it, and as of today I've brought 5 of my friends back into it. So there are 6 of the 200k.

Random opinion: In hindsight, the Pandaria thing wasn't so bad. However, I still think they should have never allowed Pandas to join horde or alliance. You could easily still have monks for other races but I will never forgive Pandas joining Horde and Alliance. People say, oh but we "already have talking cows". When it was Orcs and Humans, the game was great. When they added trolls and elves, dwarves, golbins, ogres, it felt like a good fit. When they added multiple factions of different types of elves, in addition to Cow Men and gnomes, felt like "ok, this is stretching it, but sure." Then they added space ships and pandas and it felt like the game went way too far and ruined aspects of the game. Everyone has their own "line" for what is or isn't too far (there is no strict definition) but MoP did cross it for a lot of people.

**First time poster in god knows how long, maybe ever?**
    Pretty sure you are in the extreme minority for quitting because of a deviation from the Warcraft story.

I imagine the slight spike in subs had a bit to do with MOP going on sale for $9.99. I resubbed for the first time since Wrath just to screw around because it was so cheap. Would still be unsubbed it it were $30 or $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    I'm not affected at all about Blizzard gaining 200k, 400k or 5 trillons of subs.
    That's not the point.

I'm simply baffled by the people that thinks some law is going to prevent companies and people from doing shenanings.
    Same people that think the security cameras and constant surveillance is going to stop a bullet from scattering your brain all over the place.

Well, guess what. It wont.
    You have to consider the information they are releasing and the recipient of those information. These are not released for the general public concern. These are released for people who have real financial interest in them. Not the average Joe in WoW, or not in WoW.

Sure, they can lie about the figures. But given the possible consequences, would they prepared to take the risk?

Would you lie to your bank, mortgage lender, taxman about your income? Sure you can, but would you take that risk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    take that risk?
    Especially for something quite minuscule like a 2% gain in user base after a massive price reduction.

I hear some jimmies rustling.