Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Buying 90s are OK, how about killing 90s for monthly subscription fee?

For us who have multiple 90 classes which we don't enjoy playing anymore, bliz should add a feature allowing us to perm-terminate a lvl 90 character. For each 90 you terminate you can get a month of free play time.

edit:
    To those who were asking about the logic behind this and difference between "termination" vs deletion,
    I have deleted all my characters in TBC once, after WOTLK launched I called blizzard and have them restored. All of the characters (6 70s iirc), after like half a year, free of charge. Yes, you heard it right. So character deletion means squat, they still save all the information on the server. This perm-termination will be non-reversible and thus can free up bliz server space in exchange we get some free play time.
    I understand one month free play time is a little too much, how about 10 days? And it has a once every months cooldown per account.
    Last edited by kejer; 2014-02-11 at 03:24 PM.

wouldnt happen. you can get to ninty in like 2 days now.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's going to kill money and you know blizzard is about money, Not ever going to happen.

Deleted
    Just 1 month? that really does not seem worth it :S

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    For us who have multiple 90 classes which we don't enjoy playing anymore, bliz should add a feature allowing us to perm-terminate a lvl 90 character. For each 90 you terminate you can get a month of free play time.
    cant tell if serious or not. are you a troll?

Deleted
    wouldn't make any money.

Why not? It's not like they could come up with an even more idiotic idea at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    Just 1 month? that really does not seem worth it :S
    What? This would mean that you would go into an endless loop and never have to pay anything...

"mmo", "endless loop" they belong together...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    What? This would mean that you would go into an endless loop and never have to pay anything...

Deleted
    67uy67uy67uy67uy#

That was my face hitting the keyboard.
    It takes 2 - 4 played days max with Full Heirlooms to reach level 90, Faster being boosted buy guild members.

/rolls tank, Uses full looms, powers to 90. deletes character get's free month.
    rinse repeat as needed.

No, Will not happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like an eve type system where you can trade tons of isk for game time, not only would it encourage people to play more consistently, it would make players happier...

Sell 1 month of game time for 100k gold.

You can make 100k in a month if you try hard for it. It also works as a fat gold sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

What is the logic behind that? What does Blizzard gain from you deleting a character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

You can make 100k in a month if you try hard for it. It also works as a fat gold sink.
    except that is a violation of TOS and would get you banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    That's going to kill money and you know blizzard is about money, Not ever going to happen.
    What you're saying is that Blizz is a corporation and not a charity work?
    And that people working for Blizz shouldn't get paid cause their games shouldn't cost money?

Well why don't you just delete the toon your self...dig around in your couch for spare change and go to McD's for a fucking burger if you need a reward?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Um, I meant Blizzard do it. As the OP of the thread was suggesting ways to obtain game time via alternative means than just paying for it. Rather than terminate a 90, sell game time at £8.99 a month or 100k a month.

I already know it wouldn' work very well, gold is worth different amounts on different servers. *shrug* Wasn't as crazy an idea as the OP though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    The idea is blizzard sells the game time to help remove gold from the economy. Obviously wont happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

Except blizzard will need to somehow make up for that loss in revenue, by introducing microtransactions, and the day they do that is the day I cancel my sub.

To those who were asking about the logic behind this and difference between "termination" vs deletion,
    I have deleted all my characters in TBC once, after WOTLK launched I called blizzard and have them restored. All of the characters (6 70s iirc), after like half a year, free of charge. Yes, you heard it right. So character deletion means squat, they still save all the information on the server. This perm-termination will be non-reversible and thus can free up bliz server space in exchange we get some free play time.
    I understand one month free play time is a little too much, how about 10 days? And it has a once every months cooldown per account.