10+ Year Old Account

''Kill Shot'' I think they should change the way this works?

I was just raiding and seen that Kill shot needs to be changed
    When kill shotting a target that does not die then the CD resets
    But It takes like 2 seconds for the first kill shot to register
    They should change this to once used it resets.
    What do you gusy think?

That's called travel time. Basically the game needs to first register that it hit the target for the CD to reset. To combat this, you can try moving closer to your target and that way it'll hit the target during your GCD, allowing for a new one to be shot right after.

KS is beyond clunky, they just need to scrap it or make it actually work. I love hitting it, then it not resetting for whatever random reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    That's called travel time. Basically the game needs to first register that it hit the target for the CD to reset. To combat this, you can try moving closer to your target and that way it'll hit the target during your GCD, allowing for a new one to be shot right after.
    you can do what was stated above, or you can account for the travel time and weave in one other shot before letting the 2nd kill shot loose.
    So it would be
    Kill Shot
    Arcane Shot (First KillShot hits target) CD Resets
    Kill Shot

Hope this helps Cheers

Would rather they just give us charges on it instead of this reset crap that sometimes doesn't even work or is clunky to use on some encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand it has to travel But as bullet said they should just do charges on it because its very annoying it not a BIG problem but it would be cool to see a change.
    Thanks guys for the reply

Deleted
    I agree it should be changed. It's clunky, buggy, messes with our rotation and doesn't really feel like a finisher.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    They should just rebalance the numbers and remove the "reset cd if target doesn't die" function. It was only added in as a replacement to the old mandatory glyph, and it's rather annoying how it's working right now.

I agree it's clunky; due to how some others have mentioned that it was probably intended to replace the mandatory glyph that gave you 2 kill shots and free up the glyph spot; yet the travel time/latency in between the first KS and the 2nd KS and judging whether or not you can squeeze in another GCD makes it annoying to use. This is yet another example of how there are so many small inconsistencies and spells with weird mechanics that they keep in the game and just brush under the carpet; yet never go back to change or at least improve for QoL for certain classes.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the CD reset mechanic is a little annoying, but it's far more annoying that an execute mechanic does significantly less damage than signature abilities. There's pretty no much reason to use Kill Shot before Explosive Shot when you're under LnL for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    They should just rebalance the numbers and remove the "reset cd if target doesn't die" function. It was only added in as a replacement to the old mandatory glyph, and it's rather annoying how it's working right now.
    It's that way because PVP exists. They really need to stop trying to balance PVP/PVE in this manner.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2014-02-13 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Yes, the CD reset mechanic is a little annoying, but it's far more annoying that an execute mechanic does significantly less damage than signature abilities. There's pretty no much reason to use Kill Shot before Explosive Shot when you're under LnL for example.

- - - Updated - - -

It's that way because PVP exists. They really need to stop trying to balance PVP/PVE in this manner.
    Another thing they could do, if worried about PvP, is to make it deal solid damage and then a bleed over time.

Like Kill Shot: Deal 500% weapon damage plus an additional 500% as a bleed over 10 seconds.

That would let it deal the same damage as a buffed Kill Shot with the double tap. Would allow them to let it deal high damage and make it in one shot (no more double tap) without burst concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    it needs name change for sure... tickle shot maybe? or fluffy shot, cause it does like no dmg compared to other execute mechanics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    it needs name change for sure... tickle shot maybe? or fluffy shot, cause it does like no dmg compared to other execute mechanics
    And for no resource cost whatsoever, kinda helps make up for it being a little lacklustre compared to other executes.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or take it off GCD like it was in early Wrath. You'd just make every shot a macro with an additional line for /cast Kill Shot and boom you get a real damage boost in the execute phase of the fight and the reset mechanic relying on travel time no longer matters.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Or take it off GCD like it was in early Wrath. You'd just make every shot a macro with an additional line for /cast Kill Shot and boom you get a real damage boost in the execute phase of the fight and the reset mechanic relying on travel time no longer matters.
    I bet Blizzard would be real happy when Hunter execute would be tied to a macro instead of wise usage for 99% of the Hunter player base.

I still propose a charge system with 2 charges, would make KS good for BM since you could delay line up the charges with BM nicely due to how the charge system works.

Kill shot and use a silence shit in between (if you have trouble with healers) and do AS and then ks *splat* dead.
    But I agree, that's why I play warrior