Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LF Computer case with great airflow/cable management. No budget

No budget.

Must have good cable management and good airflow.
    Must be mid to full tower. (Preference on full tower)
    Prefer mainly Black in color.

I looking for recommendations with (preferably) hands on experience with the case.

Thank you very much

EDIT: Not interested in the Raven. Not a fan of things plugging in at the top.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2014-02-11 at 10:47 PM.

The 650D (~150$, mid tower)/900D(~260$, full tower) are excellent choices.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    If price isn't much of a problem I would have to agree. Extremely nice cases with rave review. Honestly can't go wrong with either one! Worked on a 650D and have to say it was a sheer joy to work on. There really is a difference in spending the money on a quality case.

never could quit understand the design concept behind the 900D(bare with me here) meaning in terms of why the mini quad fans are at the bottom instead of the top? I mean the majority of the heat comes from the CPU, and that's located towards the top portion of the case(like most are), and... heat rises, right? Why not put the fans in an expansion bay above the PSU and CPU unit? I mean it's just a CASE afterall, and one that is $250+. Should be mechano-ergonomically and thermonomically(word?) correct, ya? Just a thought.

Deleted
    Carbide Air 540 is unrivalled IMO. Look it up, has brilliant benchmarks for air cooling, room for more fans, for radiators, and a whole second compartment for cable management

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    never could quit understand the design concept behind the 900D(bare with me here) meaning in terms of why the mini quad fans are at the bottom instead of the top? I mean the majority of the heat comes from the CPU, and that's located towards the top portion of the case(like most are), and... heat rises, right? Why not put the fans in an expansion bay above the PSU and CPU unit? I mean it's just a CASE afterall, and one that is $250+. Should be mechano-ergonomically and thermonomically(word?) correct, ya? Just a thought.
    That's meant as a bottom support for a quad radiator.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    I think it's because the bottom fans are intakes, taking in lower air and exhausting them through the top.

That's meant as a bottom support for a quad radiator.
    ah ok gotcha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I think it's because the bottom fans are intakes, taking in lower air and exhausting them through the top.
    interestingg my bad, shoulda done some more research! >:/

When you say "no budget," does that mean you're fine with expensive cases? ("_) Cuz if that's the case, and since your preference is full tower, I would go with the Cooler Master Cosmos II. http://www.coolermaster.com/case/ultra-tower/cosmos-2/
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

I think most people think it's ugly but this is the one I have and I love it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133188

Yes, Im fine with expensive cases if it meets what im looking for.

Not really a fan of the Cube that is the Air540, but that would definitely work lol.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Lots to look into.

10+ Year Old Account
    /thread

These are pretty much the best looking cases on the market have good airflow options and they don't look to extreme/obscure.

If there's no budget though why not get this:
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=25290
    In Win H-Frame King Size Aluminum Case Black Red

or that new Origin case, that holds like 30 HDDs?

I use a Lian Li budget model at home, it's pretty good but to be honest I've never found a case which had perfect cable management. Airflow seems good.

I assume when you say no budget you mean no budget restrictions? Not like, make it yourself out of cardboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    /thread

These are pretty much the best looking cases on the market have good airflow options and they don't look to extreme/obscure.

That looks like a dust trap nightmare. Also hideous, though obviously that's personal taste :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Obviously there is a budget. I just didnt want to put 200 or 300$ and someone not link a case because its 350 or whatever.

Most cases run anywhere from 100 to 300. Maybe a little over. In those cases, yes, there is no budget.

If I had 1300 for a CASE, id save a little extra and just get one of these..

http://core0.staticworld.net/images/...51891-orig.png
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-02-12 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Thumbnails please

10+ Year Old Account
    /thread

What in gods name is that and that also the price just nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea brah.

Would get the L3p D3sk too, one day maybe.

To everyone else, looking at cases for personal builds, and it showed that case in recommended buys, I just don't even... It seems like it could be good, but not worth the $$

edit: L3p D3sk

I'm astonished no one has mentioned the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 or Fractal Design Define R4, both are great cases that match the OP's criteria.

OP: Why do you prefer a full tower case? Are you doing a custom water cooler loop? That's just about the only reason I'd recommend a full tower case, else all that extra space is wasted (and in some ways detrimental).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-02-12 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the Rosewill Thor.

I've had a few dozen cases (sadly, that's likely a literal number), and my favorites are the Carbide 900D (for water cooling), the HAF X (or HAF 932), or (my personal favorite) the NZXT Switch 810 style series. There's a lot of very nice features in the Switch. Also, you may want to check out some SilverStone cases, if price is no object. They have some stunning ones.

Good luck!
    Past 'rigs in service (Now the dad's gaming rig):

Current 'rigs: