Thread: Easiest class

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Easiest class

I would like to know what the easiest class to play is, prefer ranged dps.

Shadow priest or Elemental shaman

Deleted
    Elemental Shaman in my opinion. Rotation is very easy and you just have to look for fulmination and lava burst.

Damage is mediocre.

Elemental shaman is pretty easy and quite fun.

Just be Aware that both Elemental shaman and shadow priests are hybrids. So People might want to talk you into healing. fortunateley both classes cant tank.

so mages aren't easy anymore?

Deleted
    Arcane mages, destruction warlocks and many other specs are just as easy as elemental or shadow.

Mages never were easy.

While in WOTLK arcane mages were said to be easy. Well they were Kind of a 2 button class, but still it turned out that knowing when and how to press those two Buttons was a mystery to most fotm rerollers.

Deleted
    was this same topic up on the forums only a week or 2 ago?

Anyway the easiest is frost dual wield DK. 2 button spammage, and they even light up so you dont have to think about what to press either

Easiest =/= most fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    was this same topic up on the forums only a week or 2 ago?

Anyway the easiest is frost dual wield DK. 2 button spammage, and they even light up so you dont have to think about what to press either
    2 button spammage? You must be doing something horriblely wrong, good sir

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Mages never were easy.
    Anyone who played frost in classic will disagree. DPS cycle was literally only frostbolt spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Anyone who played frost in classic will disagree. DPS cycle was literally only frostbolt spam.
    Lol - so true. As were a lot of classes back then. Shadow bolt spam. Chain Heal spam.

Using multiple abilities really started mid-WotLK for a large number of classes.

Ok got me there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental shaman by far the easiest. The rest have some sort of resource and/or proc management. Ele is just spam the hell out of a few buttons and know when to pops CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Most specs in classic were like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost death knights are one of the easiest melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage is still relatively easy IMO. Spam fbolts, use ffb on proc and ice lances when you have 2 procs/4 pc set ffb proc. Orb on CD and alter time with many procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination Rogue for melee and Arcane Mage for ranged.

I have LFR+ geared ret, fury, destro, frostdk and ww

From those, I think the paladin is the easiest, and maybe even most fun atm. It clearly has the best gear, so I think that my warrior would surpass it if they were equal, but that's a guess.

Retribution does fine dps, and the rotations are simple and you do more or less stable dps. I'm guessing 5-6 buttons to cover most situations, excluding CDs. So you're not doing the same thing all the time. The sound effects, spell effects and animations are great too. Warrior's are a bit too subtle compared.
    And tanking is easy too, so you can easily switch around. Yes, the pally has got it all
    Mother pus bucket!

I actually disagree with Arcane mage. It has the easiest rotation for sure, but there's other aspects of the spec that create difficulty, namely maintaining high dps on fights with high movement, and tracking your stacks to ensure you don't accidently spam your mana bar away (which leads to a punishing dps loss that's hard to come back from) I found frost mage, destruction warlock, Elemental shaman, and a few other specs much easier to maintain high dps.