View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    If you simply want Demon Hunters? They ARE a cosmetic switch away.
    If you want raid viable Demon Hunters? Yes...that requires more work. The addition of a new spec for which a lot of testing and work has already been done for warlocks as part of the design process that took place for MoP.

And that's still going to be a lot less work than creating and balancing a new class.

Games Workshop.

EJL
    I don't think anyone is satisfied by a class type being merely cosmetically present in the game. Still, Blizzard is getting closer, and with a ton of extra tweaks a demon hunter could be a playable thing in WoW. I personally have no problem with that solution, but since I'm not a demon hunter fan I'm probably not the sort of person who should be signing off on it.

Steam punk is an extremely specific genre, one I don't think games workshop has worked with. The combination of tech and swords and sorcery isn't steam punk it's science fantasy, a much less specific genre that covers the mix of tech and magic as well as multiple dimensions, alien invasions and elements of horror. Gilneas is close, but it would be steam punk land in a much broader science fantasy universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Frag Belt

Cast time 5 seconds
    Cooldown n/a
    GCD 0 seconds

This one?
    it's yellow text says every minute, is that not accurate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    it's yellow text says every minute, is that not accurate?
    Not sure. Been almost 2 years since I used it.

If you simply want Demon Hunters? They ARE a cosmetic switch away.
    Not without warglaives.

Games Workshop.

EJL
    Dwarfs and Skaven hardly make Warhammer Fantasty steampunk anymore than WC1-3 is steam punk. It's used sparingly, and carefully.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Not without warglaives.
    I'm betting it would be just as easy for Blizzard to add Warlocks to the Glaives class list as it was for them to add DKs and Monks.

EJL

Do I hope they will become a class? Absolutely. Will they likely be the next class? Anybody's guess.

I'm betting it would be just as easy for Blizzard to add Warlocks to the Glaives class list as it was for them to add DKs and Monks.

EJL
    It would be nice if they had the right sort of stats... but I suppose that hardly matters this far removed from their relevance outside of cosmetics.

I'm sure a lot of warlocks would love to get their hands on the ability to dual wield swords... another weird little barrier to consider, but that gets turned on and off for shaman, so not a big deal.

Not sure. Been almost 2 years since I used it.
    According to the comments it has a minute cooldown since 5.0.4 (before that it was 6), and since 5.4 it's been nerfed to do 750 - 1000 damage per hit.

It's been about as long since I've used it. Or any of the other bombs.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2014-03-04 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frag Belt

Cast time 5 seconds
    Cooldown n/a
    GCD 0 seconds

This one?
    Nope. I'm willing to bet that no such bomb exists because it would cause too much of a DPS increase.

In the end, the idea that a profession covers a class' design space is a laughable argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nope. I'm willing to bet that no such bomb exists because it would cause too much of a DPS increase.

In the end, the idea that a profession covers a class' design space is a laughable argument.
    A simple google search reveals that it did exist, but was apparently nerfed into the ground and left for dead. Took a 98% change and is no longer the OP item it once was in BGs. Rather than feeling the need to always be right, you might instead bring the proof with you. This says YOU were wrong, and that it did exist, but has since been tuned down to nothingness.

Semantics.

Other than you having to craft the bomb in the first place?
    Other than your item running out after use?
    Other than the item not scaling with your level?
    Other than being able to sell your item at a shop?
    Other than the item having exceptionally long cooldowns.

Yes, no difference in functionality at all...
    ... So ironic, crying 'semantics' on my first line, but going out of your way to attempt to justify you're not using 'semantics' on your distinctions between an engineer and a tinker...

- - - Updated - - -

WOW IS a Steampunk game. WOW is ALSO a S&S game. It is a HYBRID. The Steampunk element is arguably the weaker aspect of the two - but it IS there.
    Do you want to see the utmost proof that WoW is not a 'steampunk-ish' game? Just go to the Character Creation screen. Are you there? Awesome. Now mind pointing me what Steampunk/technology elements do you see in every class' design and description? That's right: none. You cannot, in right mind, claim WoW is a 'technology-based' game when all of its classes, original and new, are not based at all around technology.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2014-03-04 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Do you want to see the utmost proof that WoW is not a 'steampunk-ish' game? Just go to the Character Creation screen. Are you there? Awesome. Now mind pointing me what Steampunk elements do you see in every class' design and description? That's right: none. You cannot, in right mind, claim WoW is a 'technology-based' game when all of its classes, original and new, are not based at all around technology.
    You are so close...so, so close...to figuring out why people want Tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    A simple google search reveals that it did exist, but was apparently nerfed into the ground and left for dead. Took a 98% change and is no longer the OP item it once was in BGs. Rather than feeling the need to always be right, you might instead bring the proof with you. This says YOU were wrong, and that it did exist, but has since been tuned down to nothingness.
    If you read my post, you would see that I was talking in the present tense. Simply because it existed in the past has no bearing on the present state of the game. So no, I'm not wrong. Again, there is no bomb within Engineering that has a 15-second CD. Let me know when you find one CURRENTLY in the game.

Deleted
    If you read my post, you would see that I was talking in the present tense. Simply because it existed in the past has no bearing on the present state of the game. So no, I'm not wrong. Again, there is no bomb within Engineering that has a 15-second CD. Let me know when you find one CURRENTLY in the game.
    You know that when you start finding posts like these in a discussion thread, everyone has left the ship except some of the most pretentious "debaters" that are still fighting for the futile victory.

Tinkerers sound like a cool idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... So ironic, crying 'semantics' on my first line, but going out of your way to attempt to justify you're not using 'semantics' on your distinctions between an engineer and a tinker...
    Simply listing the functional differences between an item and an ability.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    It would be nice if they had the right sort of stats...
    What does stats have to do with it? The glaives, if necessary, can be adjusted to the new WoD system where stats change depending on spec. Even if that weren't desirable, its not like Blizzard can't add new Glaive weapons.

Do you want to see the utmost proof that WoW is not a 'steampunk-ish' game? Just go to the Character Creation screen. Are you there? Awesome. Now mind pointing me what Steampunk/technology elements do you see in every class' design and description? That's right: none.
    And it doesn't have to be. Why would it?

Where do you get this idea that hybrids are impossible? That the game can't be both S&S and Steampunk at the same time? This is not a zero sum situation. Technology is a large part of the game, a large part of the game and race lore. We have the Worgen, Draenei, Gnome, Dwarves and Goblins as races with a heavy tech emphasis. We have the Iron Horde gaining a lot of their power and strength through tech. We have technical artifacts coming out of our ears.

And the fact that the S&S is the stronger aspect doesn't mean the lesser is non-existent.

EJL

Now you are just being petty and arguing semantics. I've no desire to discuss this further with you. Do I want tinkers to be a class? Obviously. Do I think they impede on Engineering. Of course I do. Tinkers are engineers in every sense of the word. Will we ever get a tinker class? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    You are so close...so, so close...to figuring out why people want Tinkers.
    This poll's answers kinda make your statement wrong. Apparently people don't want tinkers...

This poll's answers kinda make your statement wrong. Apparently people don't want tinkers...
    Annnnnd it's gone. You were this close, you know? You wrote it down, you spelled it out, but you just didn't understand it.

Simply listing the functional differences between an item and an ability.
    Which are none. All differences are semantics. There is no difference whatsoever between:
    a) Clicking on an icon on my hotkey bar that belongs to an item to make my character throw a grenade or fire a rocket or the like;
    and
    b) Clicking on an icon on my hotkey bar that belongs to an ability to make my character throw a grenade or fire a rocket or the like;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Annnnnd it's gone. You were this close, you know? You wrote it down, you spelled it out, but you just didn't understand it.
    I do understand it. People don't want tinkers. You can say a small minority does, but generalizing everyone does? Silly thing.

I do understand it. People don't want tinkers. You can say a small minority does, but generalizing everyone does? Silly thing.
    Arguing with you is like arguing with a parakeet. Did you even read what you wrote down? Or is it like a reflex action?