[Resto] Living Seed and Thok

Does Living Seed proc when Thok does his roar thing? And whats better, Soul of the Forest or Trees?

Should probably add, this is for Thok hc, I've only recently gone healing (our other druid healer is out for a while, very personal things) and I have been gathering gear for a while and have healed the other bosses before Thok on HC. I'm not very well versed on how the talents work, so how does Incarnation work for healing? Is it like in the last expansion where you could put Lifebloom on everyone and no cast time on regrowth?

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard someoen claim Incarnation is more a mana cooldown than a healing cooldown? But that was 2 patches ago or something.

You can use incarn like a mana cd (lifebloom raid), but you can also use it like a 15% healing buff that makes wild growth better (rejuv + wild growth). And no idea to original question, I used HotW + tree form to solo heal the second phase 1 to 21stacks, which I don't think I would have been able to do with SotF. It also lets you instant regrowth to pop people up. I honestly don't think id ever take sotf over incarn on a fight where more healing cds is always needed.

(10man)
    Last edited by Willfox; 2014-02-18 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Istypops View Post
    Does Living Seed proc when Thok does his roar thing? And whats better, Soul of the Forest or Trees?
    Yes it does proc it, although it seems to be a bit weird. From yesterday's logs:

[18:44:35.387] Thâldor gains Living Seed from Thâldor
    [18:44:37.010] Thok the Bloodthirsty Deafening Screech Thâldor 421189
    [18:44:39.428] Thok the Bloodthirsty Deafening Screech Thâldor 410747 (A: 9308)
    [18:44:39.428] Thâldor's Living Seed fades from Thâldor
    [18:44:39.865] Thâldor Living Seed Thâldor +91715 (O: 0)

SotF and Incarnation are both viable for this fight. Incarnation is a 15% healing increase and a minor WG boost for 30s each P1, while SotF is basically a mini-CD every 20s (when used with WG) that saves the 6 lowest players from the next screech. Either one won't make or break the fight.

Incarnation is great for Thok. It's especially valuable in 10-man where making sure you always have a raid CD up is much more difficult than in 25s. If you feel like you have plenty of CDs you can consider SotF as it will provide more consistent healing.

Incarnation can be used as a mana CD (spam lifebloom, instant cast regrowths on omen procs), but for Thok and most difficult encounters you should use it as a throughput CD mostly just spamming Rejuv/WG throughout it with emergency Regrowths available as you need them.

Deleted
    I used Incarnation when we were progressing (first kill end of November) and we had people dropping really low to instantly save them. Now that we're more comfortable, I switched to SotF and it's definitely better regarding the output. Use Incarnation only if you have occasionally people dying in the stacking phases.