Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Instant 90 - Buyable feature?

Anyone else expecting them to make it a paid feature? Like the first one will be free, and afterwards you pay for each additional Instant 90?

Deleted
    pretty sure that's how it will turn out....not sure whether that's bad or bad

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You get an instant 90 for one new or existing character when u buy the expansion. That is all.

they said when they released it:

"You Can Make an Existing Character lvl 90 or make a new character lvl 90 once you have purhcased the game".

by that statement it looks like yes it is buyabvle with the game but no you can only get one.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    The wording on the front page of mmo champ makes it sound likely. They say one free 90 ding, not one time instant 90, indicating there will be a paid service for this also.

Seems good to me, I change main every raid patch so this helps me have more time for masturbation and eating.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't surprise me. EQ2 just implemented a simmilar feature

Exactly. We will get one for free, and each one after that 20 dollars.

Well I imagine it will just be the one free one, and no more after that. But, this is one paid service I would actually be okay with. I hate leveling.

Would not surprise me.

Ten years ago Blizzard used to say any sort of paid changes, from gender to race to name, would almost certainly never be implemented.

Then there was a snow-ball of paid for features and this makes pretty logical sense as the next step.

I can see it now...

In-game store implemented. Make fresh hunter. Starting the grind. God not this again - only level 9 and I'm doing this same quest for the 11th time. Ding level 10. In-game store pops up - "Want to get up to speed and play with your friends? Paid level boost now 33% off!"

. . .

I really hope so. Some of us consider leveling the worst part of the game. I'd certainly be interested in paying to skip it, depending on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    No. You get an instant 90 for one new or existing character when u buy the expansion. That is all.
    I sincerely hope that it remains this way, unless they take this out altogether. I think it's bad enough that you get to auto-level a character straight to 90 to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    True. However, I think that it is likely to become a paid feature later on.

Personally, I would still play a class I didn't know that well from scratch. But boost one that I know, but that isn't really one I play a lot, and has kinda ended up on the shelf.

...i got the bad feeling this will happen... but... im not exactly sure how bad it is... I don't like it. Surely wouldn't do it. But it would not exactly... ruin the game for me i suppose. And after all its just getting this 1 - 90 out of the way... but there should be a limit to it. I dont know... Maybe having at least played the game through to 100 once to get that feature, or just leveling till 80 instead of 90... I dont know. Very mixed feeling about that...

As long as they dont sell items from raids i think its "Okay" if they sell things, but they probably should start thinking on giving me something worth paying them monthly fees any longer then... or giving me something instead for actually playing the game instead of using a cheap way out of it...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

If the free Level 90 is account bound, and the xpac costs $40, couldn't you just buy a bunch of xpacs to get level 90 toons?

The deal is they want new people who purchase warlords of draenor to actually play warlords of draneor and not give up after losing interest questing through outlands

They want new players and they prolly have found most new players give up during leveling so they want to give them a chance to play a game they have purchased

I guess it would be like if i purchased GTA V and then having to be forced to play GTA 3, Vice city and san andreas before i could play GTA V
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-11-09 at 02:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If its buyable, u can avoid it by like...lvling every class to 90 before WoD is out
    But i think its free and its added so u can play an alt without the hassle of 1-90 (u dont learn u class from 1-90 anyway), but u can still do 1-90 if u enjoy it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Yeah it's pretty much a given. Everyone will be okay with it too, since they all got one for free. Clever business tactic. It might just work.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will bet money its a paid feature by 6.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I will bet money its a paid feature by 6.3.
    Even though im certain the first level 90 is free this wont surprise me if further character boosts will be a paid thing