Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pvpganking View Post
    perks are too strong and all of them should only be active if your in a group with one of your guild mates
    That is actually a pretty good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    the thought of people turning off the guild chat.. just because they dont care and only want perks scares the shit out of me.. i want too be social in a guild but.. most people dont care and just wanna rush rush lvl, and dont care for the chat
    I would just like people to join my guild even it's just for lvling, 10% gold ooted goes to the gbank. But guildless people don't want to socialize, that's fine to an entent. But the perks enough are good to just join a guild.

Rewarding a solo player for playing solo in a team game seems a bit off to me.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Rewarding a solo player for playing solo in a team game seems a bit off to me.
    That's the point.

Solo players playing solo joins a guild (that is about team) - just for perks, to play solo and being unsocial.
    How to fix this?

Reward solo players for playing solo, (other words, change Guild Perks to Character Perks).

Then team players can join guilds, while solo players do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    That's the point.

Solo players playing solo joins a guild (that is about team) - just for perks, to play solo and being unsocial.
    How to fix this?

Reward solo players for playing solo, (other words, change Guild Perks to Character Perks).

Then team players can join guilds, while solo players do their thing.

I will disagree with this all day. Its an MMO, the point of the entire genre is to play with other people. If you want to be rewarded for playing solo you should really be playing an entirely different genre.

That being said I do think there is some issue with the guild perk system.

Get rid of them. The only nice perk they had they removed with Mists anyway. I'd just love to stop getting mindlessly addon spammed by guild leaders looking to up their guild bank income by using leveling players.

I'm a player who enjoys doing things on my own. I don't like big guilds or guild chats or being forced into social situations. It's just not my thing; I'm an introvert by nature and don't care to socialize that much. I was pretty much guildless entirely until Cata; I did have guilds I raided with, but I mostly remained outside of the guilds.

Then guild perks came. Probably one of the most random and pointless additions to the game. Ridiculous bonuses (remember pre-nerf The Quick and the Dead perk? Sadly, I do) and guild-only items as well as guild raids were essentially blizzard's nice way of adding not only their own but also peer pressure into joining guilds.
    Before anyone says "It's an MMO, you should socialize" keep in mind: I raided. I have friends on WoW. I hang out with people. I run old raids with them. I just don't think having to be in a guild with people you may or may not want to be in a guild with is Blizzard's decision to make. The only difference between being guildless before and in a perks guild now is the beggars and annoying guild chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just solo leveled my guild to 25 like 2 days ago. It took months, and a lot of taking advantage of holiday dailies and things like running Darkmoon Faire on dozens of lvl 1 alts to get the 60000 XP per faire event, but I did it. Now I can rez on a warrior, or a rogue, or what the hell ever other class couldn't rez before. I have no desire to invite people to my guild to passively make money off them. (I sell pets on the AH for that, lol) I get why people want to be in a lvl 25 guild, but I found it fun to accomplish the feat entirely solo. Granted there are features I will probably never get, like the guild dungeon/raid group achievements, but I felt a sense of accomplishment in doing solo what others did with hundreds. I also understand people will pay gold for a lvl 25 guild, but I have almost no intention of giving up what I worked to achieve.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I am leveling an alt (especially on a different server), I don't care about 'community' in a guild. I care about the 10% exp bonus from Fast Track. I'll care about 'community' when I join a raiding guild.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Remove all guild perks.
    2. Remove all fp.
    3. Remove all flying mounts.
    4. Make all ground mounts 20% speed increase and max level only.
    5. Hearth stones only go to Silvermoon / Exodar.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    When I am leveling an alt (especially on a different server), I don't care about 'community' in a guild. I care about the 10% exp bonus from Fast Track. I'll care about 'community' when I join a raiding guild.
    Exactly, so you might as well play without a guild if you would only be given the 10% XP bonus.
    But Blizzard gave you a reason to join a guild and be careless about the community?

Now how does that reward our guild masters trying hard to build a social good community for their guild?

Deleted
    IMHO guilds should have NO perks, some of the perks become baseline (only some) and finally, NO sort of money income for the guild through it's members. I hate how 95% of the guilds recruit just to have their guild banks filled with gold through their recruits (which are in reality just slaves) and being an unsociable community. Instead, guild bank gold for repairs should be earned by doing guild challenges like Dungeon runs with your party consisting of 80% of guild players. So for a dungeon 4, for a raid 8 or 20. That way social interaction and team play would be encouraged in the guilds and it would prevent the flooding of stupid money greedy guilds. I'm sure everyone is tired of guilds like these spamming you 10 invites before you even accept your first quest on a fresh toon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I will disagree with this all day. Its an MMO, the point of the entire genre is to play with other people. If you want to be rewarded for playing solo you should really be playing an entirely different genre.
    One of my chars is in some kind of perk guild. Usually, there are ~5-7 people online - and since I joined it a few months ago, not a single word was written in the guild chat.
    If you want the perks, you'll get them - one way or another.

I loved the idea of guild talent-trees, as was originally intended. They changed that because they were afraid people would hop guilds for perks or something, but I thought it was brilliant. With talents, you could make a guild that showed what was important to you. You could have talents that improved PvP, raiding, dungeons, gold making, solo questing, grouping, etc. and when you choose certain talents, it would attract certain people that would fit well with your guild. You'd then level the guild together and open up more talents that enhanced the playstyle of your members. Joining a guild would be a meaningful choice and simply joining a perkguild would not get you everything you'd want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    One of my chars is in some kind of perk guild. Usually, there are ~5-7 people online - and since I joined it a few months ago, not a single word was written in the guild chat.
    If you want the perks, you'll get them - one way or another.
    I don't disagree with you, I've done it myself, but that's why I said the system has flaws. The idea that a games developers would want you to be involved in a guild isn't inherently flawed, and in an MMO format it should be encouraged for you to play with other people. With that though the current system doesn't encourage it forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I loved the idea of guild talent-trees, as was originally intended. They changed that because they were afraid people would hop guilds for perks or something, but I thought it was brilliant. With talents, you could make a guild that showed what was important to you. You could have talents that improved PvP, raiding, dungeons, gold making, solo questing, grouping, etc. and when you choose certain talents, it would attract certain people that would fit well with your guild. You'd then level the guild together and open up more talents that enhanced the playstyle of your members. Joining a guild would be a meaningful choice and simply joining a perkguild would not get you everything you'd want.
    What about guilds that like to PvE and PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    1. Remove all guild perks.
    2. Remove all fp.
    3. Remove all flying mounts.
    4. Make all ground mounts 20% speed increase and max level only.
    5. Hearth stones only go to Silvermoon / Exodar.
    1. yes
    2. no see 3 as to why
    3. no removing both 2 and 3 would be really bad for the game
    4. doing this in combinatioon with both or either of 2 and 3 would completely destroy the game
    oh god no i like to be able to set my hs where ever i wanted having to run from exodar to sw so i can get to pandaria? just no
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-02-18 at 01:07 PM.

who cares tho like its just a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What about guilds that like to PvE and PvP?
    Well then you would have a decision to make on which one you would want to concentrate your points on. Personally this issue is why I kind of like the basic system FF14 ARR has. The people in the guild do their thing and it allows you to purchase a perk that works for a limited amount of time before it expires or you change it. On raid days we would use the perk that reduced gear wear, other days we would swap from reduced fees for teleportation, increased crafting XP, increased leveling XP, depending on what most people were doing that day.