Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    If you think leveling a character to 90 one shotting mostly everything gives you real time experience on how to correctly play your class, then i must be missing something.
    You sure do.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    And this is what's wrong with this generation. None of you are willing to work for anything anymore. You need instant gratification.
    This generation? I'm 34 and I run a manufacturing business with 30 employees.

Fuck you. Get off your soap box.

Will probably buy one @ 60 to level a level 1 toon to 90. But then what? You have 483 gear. Can't pvp, so off to timeless Isle??..... Honestly that's the part I am unsatisfied with. It's kinda like here's your ebay 90, but he is useless to PVE / PVP. But you sure can do some cool dailies or run around this isle we made in patch 5.4 for a couple weeks.

Basically I will be doing Isle of Thunder / Timeless Isle again till I have respectable gear to try bg's....

No way would i spend 60 on a toon 85 or greater. 80 is debatable as I despise the questing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    If you think leveling a character to 90 one shotting mostly everything gives you real time experience on how to correctly play your class, then i must be missing something.
    Your statement is biased. You dont go around one hitting everything without full BoA gear. That being said a new person to the game wouldnt have full BoA, gold, mounts, food and drink and all the best trinkets. So yes, leveling DOES teach you your character. ALOT.

Not only that but it teaches you how the world interacts, how professions are done, how pvp is done, 99% of the storyline of the game, leveling is something everyone should experience. You make no sense suggesting you learn how to play, sitting inside a main city zoning into instances every 10 minutes. Thats the most lackluster, boring shit I have ever heard. And in that sense 99% of the people have BoAs and blow the mob down in 2 seconds. I bet you spam one button as well.

See, your statement stands up about as well as a house made of cards.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    iirc...Crazy Cat Man/Woman requires (in some fashion) the purchase of goods to acquire pets for the achieve.
    No it doesn't it requires you to obtain them, which can be done via AH, doesn't require real money if you have enough ingame gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Chances are the boosted 90s will be in mostly timeless gear except for the weapon and trinks, so if they join a group they will be easy to spot, that green weapon that is 480+ will be easy to see.
    Once WoD launches they'll cycle out of that gear relatively quickly. Are those 10 breezy levels enough for you to keep the in your group?
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Mine is even worse. My salary, cut down to hours, is $39.23 an hour, which means it costs me $2,746.10 for 7 hours a day, 10 days in a row. I save myself a crapload of money spending that $60 to skip it all!
    What about the people who don't get paid by the hour :O plot twist.

$60 isn't expensive at all if you consider it takes even the fastest levels around 30-36 hours to level. If you make less than 2 dollars an hour at your job. Quit. Quit now.

$60 is a very fair price if you consider the amount of work you have to put in to 1-90. The only thing leveling that yourself gives is some gold and some experience on the character, which many people don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    For that amount, I would rather spend it on outdoor activities, such as downhill ski'ing.

Blizzard must be joking with that price, but then again I will never use those services anyways. I am sure there are plenty of cock$u%^%^s out there willing to spend their hard earned money on wastes like this. I hope those idiots boost 3-4 characters, and spend hundreds of $ so they may feel like proud pixilated heroes. I hope those that do, feel much better about themselves and at the same time come back to MMO forums to brag about their virtual prowess.

To Blizzard all I have to say is...
    Cant wait to buy my 3 level 90 chars ...you jelly?

Be constructive
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-18 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by colossus127 View Post
    Ya that doesnt make you cool dude, your edgy, "in your face comment" just makes you sound like a tool. Your promoting pay-to-win, which you need to be eradicated from this genre of game.

In all honesty, peoples snarky comments about how, "Oh atleast my wife wont leave me now because I dont level all dayzzzz!"

Or, "have fun playing low level dungeons again suckers for the 12th time." That one makes particularly no sense because with 12 toons you would already have a max of every character, which means any of the 10th would be novelty for your enjoyment, which would usually mean you enjoy leveling because you wouldnt level someone to end game to play it when you already have one! >.< Morons.

Theres no fucking argument you can use that would justify buying a max character, Blizzards best argument is weak at best, "Oh, we want new players to be able to jump right into the heart of the game." None of us were granted that before so which leads me to believe they are doing it purely for more money. Because their subs arent what they used to be, we all know that. They still make good money but not compared to their 12 million subscribers peak, so this is a good way for them to make some extra cash.

But for someone who has played for 7 years, I find it asinine. It doesnt effect my gameplay, no, unless you consider a ton more incompetent, level granted new players spamming your LFR and LFD effecting it then which yes it will, highly. But it just takes away from the whole experience of the game of getting to know the story a little, see the world, learn your character, get murdered by something WAY stronger then you. See the time they took to build beautiful, large landscapes and zones and dungeons.

I guess thats what an MMORPG is to me, well more or less an RPG, the immersion.
    couldin't have said it better.

You deserve a "thanks".
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-18 at 06:58 PM.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Deleted
    By the way: Funny how some of the people who don't like it immediately get offensive towards those who say that it isn't a lot of money. Hard to deal with it, eh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Will probably buy one @ 60 to level a level 1 toon to 90. But then what? You have 483 gear. Can't pvp, so off to timeless Isle??..... Honestly that's the part I am unsatisfied with. It's kinda like here's your ebay 90, but he is useless to PVE / PVP. But you sure can do some cool dailies or run around this isle we made in patch 5.4 for a couple weeks.

Basically I will be doing Isle of Thunder / Timeless Isle again till I have respectable gear to try bg's....

No way would i spend 60 on a toon 85 or greater. 80 is debatable as I despise the questing process.

Actually... thats a pretty good point there. Timeless Isle is the worst.

Way too expensive? Yes. But think about it, if it was cheap... Would it be better?
    Well, not that I would buy it anyways...

It's also been said that the boosted 90s will be in level 483 gear. I can't remember the source exactly, but expect to still need TI gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're paying to skip 5 games worth of content. What price were you people expecting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    What about the people who don't get paid by the hour :O plot twist.
    He condensed his yearly salary(I take it) into an hourly wage.

I'm betting they are playing the market for pricing, they know some people who really really want it will pay top dollar, expect the pricing drop a little over time.

What I'm seeing here, and on threads all over the WoWverse is just example after example that you can effectively make NO ONE happy when you make decisions in this game. On one side of the fence, you had those saying OMG insta-90s is pay to win and will ruin the game. Then you had those that liked the idea. Insert arguments here about how an instant 90 doesn't equate pay to win, etc etc but what we wound up with is a semi-expensive service that gives those of us that want to buy a 90 the means to do so to experience content with a new class. Those that DONT want to, don't have to, and never had to. The $60 price point also ensures that we probably won't see an army of 90s floating around because the boosts were too cheap, and the forums would flood with people QQing about the lack of skill that would be apparently evident in these new 90s.

Its a service. No one is forcing you to use it, regardless of your feelings on it. Think it's too expensive? Don't use it. Think it ruins the game? Unsub and don't use it. But seriously, understand your opinion is not law. Those that want to use it, WILL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guessed it awhile back and said $59. It is the cost of the Expac, or the battlechest + the digital copy. Makes perfect sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    No one force use to pay, so stop crying please.
    ^^^^^^^^^^