Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    So lets say that the current Call to Arms isn't AV or IoC, and you have SotA and SSM banned. Current Alliance win rate for the remaining BGs is 51.52%. 150CP for the first win of the day, 75 thereafter, cap of 1800. Assume every BG lasts 15m (fast WSG wins, slow AV battles cancel).

1800 = 150 + 1650 = 23 BGs @ 51.52% win rate = ~45 BGs at 15 minutes each = ~670 minutes (not rounding) = ~11 hours 10 minutes.

Skirmishes are better.
    Forgive me, I didn't double the amount of games required for a 50% win rate. Double the time I posted.

1000 minutes. Yeah. even with my generous numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always hate how blizzard takes these half-measures. Why the hell don't they just make skirmishes give you conquest points instead of honor. This way people that just want to cap quickly can cap, instead of having to form a random 2s with some other player every week. I don't get why the re-introduce these systems just to put gating on them making them more tedious.

One of the things I was looking forward to... oh well, looks like I won't take pvp seriously for another expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Forgive me, I didn't double the amount of games required for a 50% win rate. Double the time I posted.

1000 minutes. Yeah. even with my generous numbers.
    And even I missed that. That's 16h 40m.

In which case, spamming Skirmishes is about as good as spamming Silvershard Mines (35.5% win rate) Call to Arms (~16h 11m).

In order for Skirmishes to beat Random BGing with standard bans, they must give more than ~161 Conquest an hour. With 20 skirmishes an hour, winning half, that's an average of ~32.25 Conquest a win. Probably not gonna happen.

Oh well, hopes dashed.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I always hate how blizzard takes these half-measures. Why the hell don't they just make skirmishes give you conquest points instead of honor. This way people that just want to cap quickly can cap, instead of having to form a random 2s with some other player every week. I don't get why the re-introduce these systems just to put gating on them making them more tedious.
    This would absolutely devalue conquest points to a ridiculous level. I hate siding with PvE'ers but conquest points and conquest gear are accessible enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And even I missed that. That's 16h 40m.

In which case, spamming Skirmishes is about as good as spamming Silvershard Mines (35.5% win rate) Call to Arms (~16h 11m).

In order for Skirmishes to beat Random BGing with standard bans, they must give more than ~161 Conquest an hour. With 20 skirmishes an hour, winning half, that's an average of ~32.25 Conquest a win. Probably not gonna happen.

Oh well, hopes dashed.
    Do you guys even play for fun? Are you really just doing what you 'have to do' to get capped asap? And for what? For better gear to do stuff you don't really like to do to get even more points? This game isn't about the most efficient route to some point cap, it's about fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Do you guys even play for fun? Are you really just doing what you 'have to do' to get capped asap? And for what? For better gear to do stuff you don't really like to do to get even more points? This game isn't about the most efficient route to some point cap, it's about fun!
    Just edit the "you guys" part. I said in a previous post that skirmishes with 0 rewards were like half of my play time when they existed. I loved them.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Skirmishes look good for honour grind and fun. I'd definitely rather grind them than BGs to gear up some alts since they took away Trial's gear equality. That would have been great for playing alts in to get them up to par quickly. Still really disappointed that they are not going to have all the games at the same time because that would have given them an opportunity to closely monitor the games and the reports to catch out the hacking. People (and Blizzard) seem to deny hacking is a problem and yet whenever I queue up it's about a 2/3 chance it's against a blatantly hacking side from an Oceanic server where Blizzard does absolutely nothing to stop it. Some of the time they're so terrible that you can beat them anyway but it's really made rating pointless when so many people just hack their way to the top and make it impossible for real PVP to happen.

I don't care if Trial would have meant you couldn't have gotten rating or whatever but I'd rather I could do it where hackers get banned rather than nothing gets done to them. I'd have to say the majority of people complaining about the time constraints are just hackers that don't want to get caught.

Deleted
    ...and here I was looking forward to skill based pvp with no gear advantage thrown around all over the place. Disappointing to say the least :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    For me the fun is the gear chase so I can go into LFR and continue to collect cloaks on other characters. I like looking for the most efficient way to gear chase.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRush View Post
    ...and here I was looking forward to skill based pvp with no gear advantage thrown around all over the place. Disappointing to say the least :/
    I think you're justified on this one. I think people were looking forward to this more than the designated time portion of the Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRush View Post
    I agree. That went away when they added resilience (I was there) and hasn't ever come back. I don't even have an actual solution, either, because if they removed that and "PVP Powah" then there'd be no PVP gear to chase. So be prepared to bend over for everybody with more free time than you to PVP. So glad I finally moved to a PVE server. Never again.

I like the sound of skirmishes, looks like promising feature.

i love the people complaining about TotG gone when people were complaining about it... now its gone more QQ...

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i love the people complaining about TotG gone when people were complaining about it... now its gone more QQ...
    People were for the most part not complaining about the whole thing. There was an overwhelming crowd of support for Standardized gear in PvP. The restricted time to play was much less popular.

Also you're contributing nothing.

Are you fucking with me!? This is what WoW is bring to pvp in the next expansion? That is ridiculously bad lol. The only thing that the next expansion has that has any appeal is player housing. Pvp is going to be an elitist unbalanced exercise exactly as it is now.

Can we atleast make skirmishes not gear dependent, then we test stuff at max gear lvl and have a feeling of what its like before spending conquest. I was looking forward to arena where gear didn't matter.

Meh. What are they doing with Alterac Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    Are you fucking with me!? This is what WoW is bring to pvp in the next expansion? That is ridiculously bad lol. The only thing that the next expansion has that has any appeal is player housing. Pvp is going to be an elitist unbalanced exercise exactly as it is now.
    How on earth are you able to speculate on balance. And why would elitism change with Trial of the Gladiator? If anything it will reinforce elitism. "See, we have even gear and we're still wiping the floor with you."

The skirmish thing is good and the new PvP area is yet to be seen. Cool your jets Cap'n.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aah. So this feature also goes the "Path of the Titans" route. Wonder what else will get axed from this "expansion".

Already without any new class or race, this expansion is looking a bit lukewarm and rushed.