Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    Blizzard is charging us money to skip content, instead of making leveling content people enjoy. How many businesses make a product people are so unhappy with that the business can charge those same people more money just to avoid the product?
    I see people like you keep posting garbage like this and yet never come up with something that would be enjoyable.

And even then, what people would find enjoyable is hardly a universal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    At first, I thought it was a bit excessive, then I thought... it's like a single day's pay at McDonald's. Even for the lowest income people, 8 hours of work is a bargain to skip what? 70+ hours of leveling? It's the main reason I've never got an alt past level 30 lol. Too boring after the first time around.
    Which is why it is so obnoxious. They do a shitty job of making it interesting and then charge you to bypass their failure to engage the player in an interesting experience.

That's totally cool that you're willing to pay it. I hope people buy TONS so that I don't ever have to look at a sub price increase!

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    After having 5 90s, I dont feel like getting a sixth will "buy my way to the finish"... Guilds sell heroic SoO clears, THATs buying your way to the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I find it a massive step down a horrible slippery slope.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth this sort of thing on a sub based game
    game

game

game

game

It's a video game. There's nothing to be upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I see people like you keep posting garbage like this and yet never come up with something that would be enjoyable.

And even then, what people would find enjoyable is hardly a universal thing.
    I like your style. Insult someone for their opinion, blame them for development shortcomings and say that there isn't even an answer you WOULD accept.

We as players are not tasked with fixing the issues and shouldn't be held financially responsible for it. Glad it's a choice though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    To me, it's a fair price. Not only will it encourage people to use their free level 90 boost very wisely, but it will also discourage people from spending too much money; particularly during the likes of this Valentine's event where more Level 89s/90s means more chances for things like the mount. It should be a careful and considered decision, rather than a dime a dozen.
    You give me faith in this forum

Some people like leveling

Some people dont

SOme people want to experience it

Some people dont.

Who is going to buy this? People who want to experience the content or dont want to spend the money on it? No

People who want to skip the content (for whatever reason) or Do want to spend the money on it? Yes.

If you dont want to spend the money on it. If you dont want to buy the product. The cause is very simple. It isnt aimed at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Essentially the argument against it is "I dont want it, so i dont think anyone should have it"

are there limitations to it like server transfers, or can someone with money to blow just buy a 90 of every class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    The point is to to save people the trouble of making another account just to xfer over a free 90. Do people not understand this? The price is meant to be slightly less to stop people doing this and likely as a deterrent to stop people just up and making 90s whenever they want. Guess we will see if they stick to their guns or cave to all the outrage.
    Yeah, because "saving the trouble" Worked out soooooo well in Diablo.

Wanna know why Diablo 3 did poorly? It was too easy, and pay to win.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yeah, because "saving the trouble" Worked out soooooo well in Diablo.

Wanna know why Diablo 3 did poorly? It was too easy, and pay to win.
    Those two things arent even remotely...related...

at all...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    are there limitations to it like server transfers, or can someone with money to blow just buy a 90 of every class?
    No there isnt.

Hell i got lvl 90s of 10 classes.

If someone wants to spend 660 dollars to beat that, go right ahead.

For what it is its a reasonable price I will agree on that.

However, in my mind WoD is wow 2 and I don't want to have to pay 60 bucks on top of the sub fee and cost of the game to have an extra 90. Reasoning being is that this is basically the new starting point for wow in WoD. Its a ten year old game but the WoD area, player characters and everything in it will be a new game and we won't go back to the old part much. The only decade old part will be the engine.

As a vet is doesn't really bother me I have several 90s and haven't played in a year or so and if I do come back I won't use the service, but for anyone new or a friend who wants to try it if they decide to change characters for some reason after their first it won't be make a new one, they would have to choose between paying 60 or starting at 0 and taking awhile to get back into the end game where most of the fun is. Still its not a huge deal but I do see both sides.

Also its such an arbitrary number, 60 bucks. They have dedicated teams of people that poll players and look at numbers to figure out exactly what number will generate them the most profit. The balance between being just enough to make people want to buy it without it costing too much, making too many decide not to use it. It has nothing at all to do with what it actually costs them to offer the service, just like name change, server transfer, faction transfer etc...

It just seems to me that at some point it became more about making a profit for share holders quarterly instead of making a fun game that people enjoy playing. Of course it was always about profits but at first they wanted to have a good game that people would enjoy and pay a sub for, now it seems they are trying to find as many possible ways to get more money out of the slowly dwindling subs because they can't make a game good enough for more people to want to play it and keep playing. And every extra pay service turns off more players from the game.

They hit it out of the park with wow, and even going back to the warcraft series and diablo 1 and 2, but you look at diablo 3 and it was more about get it out and make money from it, RMAH and year pass. I miss the old blizz that was more focused on making great games and less on making max quarterly profits. I think in the end they will lose money this way, while they might make more in the short term. But then this is endemic in the rest of the US and even world economy to some degree so its not surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not expensive enough, because most of the so called "casuals" are either working class people or kids whose parents buy them everything. Most hardcores or even semi-hardcores are college students or other similar people who don't have lots of extra monies.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    Buying a 90 is nowhere even remotely close to buying your way to the finish. Leveling is like 3% of the experience for most characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I like your style. Insult someone for their opinion, blame them for development shortcomings and say that there isn't even an answer you WOULD accept.

We as players are not tasked with fixing the issues and shouldn't be held financially responsible for it. Glad it's a choice though.
    It is garbage, as the person is complaining about disliking a feature not marketed for him. Not blaming anyone for anyone elses shortcomings. The fact is that the developers have HEAVILY modified their game to make it more enjoyable. And most people who say they want something different (after long paragraphs of insults, logical fallacies, and accusations) usually admit that the things THEY want is completely not compatible with the game (like one woman on the Official forums who thought the game needed to have the Level element removed. Which is never going to happen so its a moot point).

And Arcane said nothing that could be interpreted as not being willing to accept an answer. She said the Indisputable fact that different people enjoy different things. This thing isnt even made for people who hate the game. Its mostly aimed at people heavily invested in the game who dont want to level a character to max lvl for the 10th time because they have already experienced everything the game has to offer multiple times!

I mean the person Arcane replied to was talking about the horrible leveling experience and that the developers have failed to fix it. and then accuses them of scamming people by putting up this fully optional thing that has nothing to do with him, as if they purposefully made the game Horrible JUST to scam people for money....when in fact there are LITERALLY millions of people playing through old world content for the first time, people who like this zone or that one. THese different quests.

Hell i love all the fun mechanics that where added to low level zones for Cataclym. Vehicles, phasing, Dynamic quests. And i personally believe the people who aren't into that are either A)Suffering from WoW overload. B) Dont like the essence of MMOs (grinding, questing, getting gear and leveling up), or really just unhappy people. I had a better option C but forgot it. But honestly you can really really TELL when someone seems to be going out of their way to be offended and are just INTENT on making themselves and everyone around them miserable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    For what it is its a reasonable price I will agree on that.

However, in my mind WoD is wow 2 and I don't want to have to pay 60 bucks on top of the sub fee and cost of the game to have an extra 90. Reasoning being is that this is basically the new starting point for wow in WoD. Its a ten year old game but the WoD area, player characters and everything in it will be a new game and we won't go back to the old part much. The only decade old part will be the engine.

As a vet is doesn't really bother me I have several 90s and haven't played in a year or so and if I do come back I won't use the service, but for anyone new or a friend who wants to try it if they decide to change characters for some reason after their first it won't be make a new one, they would have to choose between paying 60 or starting at 0 and taking awhile to get back into the end game where most of the fun is. Still its not a huge deal but I do see both sides.

Also its such an arbitrary number, 60 bucks. They have dedicated teams of people that poll players and look at numbers to figure out exactly what number will generate them the most profit. The balance between being just enough to make people want to buy it without it costing too much, making too many decide not to use it. It has nothing at all to do with what it actually costs them to offer the service, just like name change, server transfer, faction transfer etc...

It just seems to me that at some point it became more about making a profit for share holders quarterly instead of making a fun game that people enjoy playing. Of course it was always about profits but at first they wanted to have a good game that people would enjoy and pay a sub for, now it seems they are trying to find as many possible ways to get more money out of the slowly dwindling subs because they can't make a game good enough for more people to want to play it and keep playing. And every extra pay service turns off more players from the game.

They hit it out of the park with wow, and even going back to the warcraft series and diablo 1 and 2, but you look at diablo 3 and it was more about get it out and make money from it, RMAH and year pass. I miss the old blizz that was more focused on making great games and less on making max quarterly profits. I think in the end they will lose money this way, while they might make more in the short term. But then this is endemic in the rest of the US and even world economy to some degree so its not surprising.
    your description of how it could be misused is an example of a Player giving into temptation to avoid most of the game he just bought. But hell. Dailies where optional in MoP but people still blamed Blizzard for Forcing them to do as many as possible

I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if they just didn't do the character boost to 90 =/ It's sad because this is most likely Activision's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Buying a 90 is nowhere even remotely close to buying your way to the finish. Leveling is like 3% of the experience for most characters.
    yea the point of leveling is to get stronger so you can go do other areas and kill other things.

It cant be pay to win if what you are getting (max lvl) isn't anywhere near to "winning". If anything WoW has been criticized for being Impossible to win, as a new season , patch or expansion comes out and suddenly you are the weakest link

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    Honestly think people are just mad they can't afford it. Sucks for them.
    I think this sums it up. Everything else said in this thread is just so much Yada Yada Yada.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghash View Post
    Orrrrrr...

1. Wait for a sale ($20 starter to MoP)
    2. Refer yourself twice (veteran->new1->new2)
    3. Level as many characters as you plan on leveling in 3 months to level 10 (able to enter lowest dungeon).
    4. Run toons through dungeons doing the dungeon quests, moving on when available to next dungeon (based on when quests are accessible. Gogo wowhead)
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

Just an FYI, you can get a pair of characters to 85 in about 30 hours of /played time this way. I've leveled every class to 85 once using this method and am halfway through doing it the second time because of switching to EU. Assuming you're on US, you can get every character to 85 for $40 plus the cost of a few extra months of game time. Then let the other two accounts lapse until a character service sale and you can transfer them over for $15 a pop. Note: an account doesn't have to be active for a character to be transferred off of it. So you're looking at $85 up front for accounts and months, then $15 for every 90 not on your main account (which will end up being $120 since you can level two characters on the veteran account with grantable levels. So it'd be 2 on main, 4 new1, 4 new2, assuming you only had one 90 to start and want every class). So altogether that's $205, which would only come out to 3.5 90s with the purchase system.
    Another option!

Get one of those XP flasks from Dread Wastes.

Park your level 1 in a city and drink the flask.

Every day, fly around on your main doing the 5-6 pet battle dailies that have account wide completion (easiest is just to do the level 1-5 ones you can faceroll in seconds). Takes like 15 mins or less if you park toons in the right places.

Log into your level 1 and complete all quests, then log out. Depending on level you get 1-2 levels per day that way and about 20 seconds of /played time.

I got a toon from level 67 to 85 like that in a few weeks. Not fast, but requires the least effort from the player. Also feels awesome going click-click-click and dinging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeclop View Post
    I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if they just didn't do the character boost to 90 =/ It's sad because this is most likely Activision's doing.
    Um huh. Tell me, do you think Ghostcrawler is responsible for everything you don't like in WOW?
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeclop View Post
    No, they dont want people to return to the game just to have to spend weeks or months just to play the new game. So they are being generous enough to give everyone who buys it instant access to the content involved in the game they just bought.

And NOW they are being generous enough to provide an easy way to get a free 90 for those few people willing to pay for that, that doesnt involve buying a second account, buying a second expansion, and buying a character transfer. That is what? 20 dollars for wow (assuming no sale). 20 dollars for MoP, 40 for Warlords of Draenor. 25 for the transfer.

If they wanted to Milk money they could have just left it as it was and 105 dollars (or so ) per person who wanted to do this (with alot of trouble on the way) Hell even if the game, and MoP where FREE it would still be 5 dollars more (or the exact same, if i'm wrong on my price) that how it is now.

But that is blizzard for you. Bringing convenience and fun to millions of people and being blamed for every rotten interpretation of it. Blizzard can do no right.