Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    $60 perfectly competes with the Cost of the expansion + Account transfer, which was their goal. This is not a service they really want to sell
    bwhahaha

They could very easily put in a cooldown period restriction (cannot use boost to 90 feature again for 90 days) with a much lower price

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore they could make it so the people who had the idea to buy multiple copies of the expansion just to paid transfer their free 90 toon to another account not work. boosted 90 ineligible for transfer just like characters below level 10 and DKs below 60

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post

Don't Wow players deserve a better leveling experience, instead of having to pay to avoid it?
    The leveling experience isnt that bad. PvP, dungeon speed, and low level class balance dont have a large impact on most people. The leveling is easy enough even for a 100% new character. About the only problem is when you get to the expansions you skip entire zones or should skip the rest of a zone because you out level the content halfway through.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Ok. lets put this a bit more in persepective.

Rent $900/mo one bedroom apt.
    Storage $200/mo
    utilities $200/mo
    food for 3 $300/mo
    xfinity phone/internet/tv $200/mo
    fuel $300/mo
    insurace $100/mo
    wow @ 1 active account. $14/mo

Grand total $2214/mo

income at $16.30/hr = 2608 pre tax. Leaving about $200 in disposable income.

So boosting one toon to 90 would be in the neighborhood of 30% of this person's disposable (in a perfect world) income.

Kind of silly to even suggest that someone making $5/hr would find this cheap.
    Perhaps you should consider that not everyone out there has made as bad of financial decisions as you have?
    You are paying a shitload for a 1 beadroom appartment, with utilities extra. Why not hit craigslist, find a nice one bedroom basement appartment or something rented out by a local elderly couple or something and knock about 500-600 bucks off your monthly rent?

Not sure on your circumstances, but ditching the car and going public transit would probably save you a bundle too.

Why are you paying for food for 3 (and 300 bucks?!? what are you eating, cup ramen?), if you are living in a 1 bedroom appartment? Unless you are a single parent of 2 children, one of those other mouths should be providing income for you.

If you are ending up with 200 bucks in dosposable income at the end of a month, the last thing I would be spending it on is WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    To me 60 dollars is cheap.

I mean i work 8 hours a day for 34 dollars an hour.

I cant level any char in 3 hours to 90.

So i rather work 3 hours, earn 60 and buy a level 90.

Not that i need it, because i have all horde and alliance classes on 90

Yes thats correct, 22x 90.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meh - then again I have enjoyed the levelling experience in the last 9 years ... So...I am not buying a lv 90 boost and I am not even using the free one. So you may as well stop generalizing.
    Thank you! Same for me. And if I want to test a class i simply hop on the PTR with a Premade and go mad.

If the Level 90 Boost is "too expensive", then just don't f...ing use it and level as it's meant to be! (Geez, its so freaking fast with Heirlooms these days...)

What if, go with me here, Blizz introduced Premium subs, which cost $10 or w/e extra but you get to choose 1 free service or shop item a month. Would that create more problems, or solve some?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    What if, go with me here, Blizz introduced Premium subs, which cost $10 or w/e extra but you get to choose 1 free service or shop item a month. Would that create more problems, or solve some?
    I would say more problems. You should see the uproar in the official forums when loyalty rewards (for being subscribed so long) are suggested. If sonething like this were to happen I'd prefer to be given battle.net bucks rather then a free service. But thats just cause I wouldnt use any other service the maybe boost. But would definitly do pets or mounts lol. Though I havent bought any lately
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I think a premium account would really reinforce the tinfoil hats some players already wear. All the sudden you'd see posts of anecdotes about how someone's premium account always gets good loot or how they seem to always do more damage. It would be fun to watch it all go down, but it probably isn't a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    with a minimum wage job you can earn 60 bucks in about 9 hours
    Where the fuck are YOU from? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by naifas View Post
    obviously somewhere where the minimum wage has kept up with the base rise in standard of living costs, and not some shithole where the minimum wage barely allows you to survive? (Btw, where I live, the minimum wage would let you earn 60 bucks in less then 6 hours)

I would have preferred them waiting until WoD and requiring you to have a level 100 before purchasing. Not a bad price, shouldn't have been any lower anyway! I mean, a new game for the xbox is 60$! I have a lot of toons at max level, and I can't really say leveling is a magical experience or anything, but I also think you should have to do it once before you can skip it again. How easy is a game where you can start 90 levels into the game as a new player? Can you imagine the 90ish dungeons in WoD? eww!
    You don't need more than 1 90 anyway, every class is the same shit different day! I know the system isn't going to return to Vanilla/TBC times even though I'd like it to, but if it must go in this direction I don't see this as a problem UNTIL they start selling gold/gear/items/achievements. I think even vanity items would be too much. So, 60$ for a new game/level 90 is fine, I just wish there were some restrictions!

an great insight to fanboys who blindfoldly follow brands and game companies.
    Last edited by Elian; 2014-02-23 at 12:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably due to the fact I bought 8 games on Steam for the same price as 1 level 90, yeah fuck that noise.

IMO the more people with 90+ characters the better.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I love that Blizzard set it so high. It's like they're trying to see how many suckers are willing to pay such a ridiculous price for something they could easily achieve in a week of fairly casual play.
    How many hours does it take to get to 90 in casual play? 40-60 or more? If you're earning $10 an hour at work then that is 6 hours work. Some people may consider leveling up another character as boring as working and would rather spend 6 hours of pay than put in 40-60 hours of play.

Personally I think the price is too steep, but I'm not the kind of person who would buy it anyway so I could not care less.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I don't care about the price, shouldn't be in the game at all, certainly not as a microtransaction.
    You want to earn other 90's? Fine but do so with ingame progression, linking it to real money is just bonkers.

If it was "do x task gets a lvl to grant to an alt" kind of thing I would be fine with it.
    The current form I'm not fine with, It's not that I can't afford it, I just hate the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by naifas View Post
    My guess the USA where I am from myself. $7.25 a hr is the minium wage here and in 8 hours you make $58.

Sorry but me personally not going to spend what I make in one day "Most minium wage jobs only work u 5-8hrs a day for a couple days up to 25hrs total" to pay for a service like this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    $60 isnt a barrier price at all, there's a shit-ton of addicted fanboys that will pay any money.

Its the last nail in the coffin of WOWtanic, in my opinion.

Deleted
    I think the disgust is that the price is too high.
    For anyone not happy though, they can go play a better game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Probably due to the fact I bought 8 games on Steam for the same price as 1 level 90, yeah fuck that noise.

IMO the more people with 90+ characters the better.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I don't care about the price, shouldn't be in the game at all, certainly not as a microtransaction.
    You want to earn other 90's? Fine but do so with ingame progression, linking it to real money is just bonkers.

If it was "do x task gets a lvl to grant to an alt" kind of thing I would be fine with it.
    The current form I'm not fine with, It's not that I can't afford it, I just hate the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    I think the disgust is that the price is too high.
    For anyone not happy though, they can go play a better game.

You guys do know that WoD comes with a free level 90 right? That means people would be spending $85.00 dollars on multiple "free" 90s and transferring them over to their main accounts. ($60.00 for game, $25.00 for xfer)

So the problem is not that they are too expensive.

The problem is that they are giving away free 90s with WoD. While its a lovely idea, you know if you have not played WoW since vanilla/bc/wrath and you want to catch up with some old buddies quickly, it should be one of those ideas left on the back burner like Wrath's Dance Studio.

No matter what, people will exploit that "free" 90, and thats why blizz thought "why don't we just allow people to buy the 90 without having the trouble of buying the game and transferring it?" They we're trying to make it less complicated since people would do it anyway.

Honestly, I think it just shouldn't happen at all. No free level 90, and no paid 90s. Leveling is trivial and if you can't do it, well... that sucks. (People cry "real life", well life is more important than a game, and you can casually level in ~2 weeks to 90.)
    Last edited by lacorpse; 2014-02-23 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    Because lvl 90 is the finish right?