2's comp with a buddy Mage

I'm considering putting some effort into 2's with a friend that plays a mage. I got 90's of pretty much every class except warrior and rogue. Wondering what do you guys suggest... PS: I've been mostly a caster or a healer in PvE, have done some ret pally here and there but know very little about other melee classes/specs.

My signature shows the classes I have, I'm very familiar with my balance/resto druid, my destro lock (dont know a huge deal about affli/demo yet), my shammy (ele/resto) and my pally (ret/heal). I guess I could include my mage in this scenario too but not sure about going with 2 mages...

Thoughts?

The best DPS would be a Rogue, but since you don't have one of those I'd recommend either Balance Druid or Warlock.

I'd also recommend double DPS, because healer/DPS games usually take about 10 minutes and nobody dies unless something goes terribly terribly wrong.

If you do want to torture yourself and run healer/DPS, then the two best healers would be Holy Priest or Resto Druid. Holy Priest is better, imo, because they offer a lot more CC. If you'd rather play your Druid though that works fine too.

But again, I'd advise against healer/DPS 2v2. It's better than double DPS, don't get me wrong, but it's about as fun as nailing your hand to a wall.

Mistweaver/Mage isn't horrible, I ran it with a friend for the majority of last season and we did alright because he spent most of the games just punching people.

I'd also recommend double DPS, because healer/DPS games usually take about 10 minutes and nobody dies unless something goes terribly terribly wrong.
    Dampening is going to kick in after 5 mins in the upcoming season in 2s. Healer matches should be less of a grind.

I'd recommend the resto druid.

Deleted
    Frost Mage/Resto druid is amazing and since you're familiar with your Druid that's even better, but if you really don't want to play as a healer then leveling Rogue would be your best option for double DPS.

I played this season mage/priest. And against some healer/dps teams its retarded cause no1 can land a kill

Thx for all the tips guys! Just one more quick question: is mage/lock viable? I don't really plan on pushing hard, maybe 1800's at most so does it matter much in your opinion? I do like resto druid too and I'm very familiar with, but I do like a dps combo just for getting short matches.

Like someone mentioned, the dampening change will make healer/dps less painful. You might as well go with your rdruid, as you need a decent amount of skill to get 1800+ as double dps. This goes for mage/lock, mage/rogue, and to a lesser extent, mage/boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Dampening is going to kick in after 5 mins in the upcoming season in 2s. Healer matches should be less of a grind.

I'd recommend the resto druid.
    This is true, but before Healer/DPS games would 18-20 minutes every time unless someone made a mistake. So not really sure dampening will matter. That being said, damage should be higher this season which combined with the dampening change should make games last about 10 minutes or so instead of 20.

Still grindy, but definitely better and more manageable.

Pretty Much sums up my opinion on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs one button for frostfire bolt. Then it would be perfect.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

This image is far from the truth!
    There is the GCD free low cooldown retard stun that increases your damage, the most spammable silence in the game (that also interrupts, but nobody uses it as an interrupt because that would require some skill), then 666 super effecient defensive cooldowns that don't reduce your damage output. Finally missing the frost fire bolt, the frozen orb and the living bomb, after all who wants to cast as a caster?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    As to your question OP.

Mage/Lock is strong. You have good overlapping buffs, very strong CC, and can both burst rapidly with some potency.

You could easily get 1800 playing that as long as you have solid communication and can coordinate your CC between the two of you.