Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorAJ View Post
    Making the numbers simpler IS a good reason, bother for the player base and for the system of the game itself. I believe it was Daught of Midwinter who mentioned Ra-Den becoming immune to damage on one of their attempts because his health became too high for the game to comprehend and calculate anymore.
    What you just gave was a good reason, that had literally nothing to do with making them "easier to understand". If your comment was an attempt to address mine, you completely missed the point of my complaint.

Making the game better able to process numbers is a good reason. Assuming that we're too stupid to understand what "687 million hp" means is not.

Baffled that they are removing disarms entirely. Definitely did not see this one coming. Happy CC in general is getting hindered though.

This was an extremely disappointing update in a huge series of disappointing updates from Blizzard on this expansion...

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

"Massive Infodump"?

If this is their definition of "massive" I really don't want to know their definition of small. This is the second time they word their damned tweets as if to say they're gonna say a lot and end up saying almost nothing at all.

This isn't a "massive" infodump, this is a tiny footnote.

Deleted
    this was great news!

Nothing too new. They mentioned that "soloing will be easier" because how you interact with lower levelled mobs, interesting. Also interesting to know the new DRs for CC. Other than that, it's not something we haven't heard stated before I believe.

I over hyped myself for that. Kind of disappointed.

A look at the graphs help to show just much power has increased over the expacs.

Well, that was underwhelming. Just feeding us more stuff that we already know.... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    "Massive Infodump"?

If this is their definition of "massive" I really don't want to know their definition of small. This is the second time they word their damned tweets as if to say they're gonna say a lot and end up saying almost nothing at all.

For someone who's expecting new information you really aren't paying much attention. Instead of releasing a giant blog post they cut it into bits and pieces, they'll release it one by one until Beta starts.

Wow that's disappointing, I knew it was going to be a short blog post, but no examples of racials? no examples of removed abilites? Just why they are doing it? Makes sense to say that you know...when you show what your doing.

Bah...

Disarm removed is somewhat interesting, along with what sounds like a buff to make old content easier, hmm.

This was more or less a table of contents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    "Removed Silence effects from interrupts. Silence effects still exist, but are never attached to an interrupt."
    "Removed all Disarms."

Is anyone else having a bit of panic attack on how this is going to affect PvE?
    Not really. I think it is safe to assume that things will be adjusted to compensate. (can't imagine things like Embodied Doubts in heroic Garrosh chain casting their stuff unless you stun/silence them)

I hope we get some news on what the actual new/changed racials will be. Would be nice for the Alliance to have some more notable racials other than "Every Man for Himself".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    "Massive Infodump"?

Try doing some simple research before bitching.

I have to agree that this wasn't 'massive' at all. A good portion of it was about the squish that we all already knew about. The other stuff is puzzling and disappointing. I simply do not understand blizzard's method of ping-ponging back and forth between 'lots of CC and games last longer' and 'no CC and games are over too quick.'

The other stuff, I'm purely disappointed in. No more days of lining up your CDs for burn phase. Derp players won't have to worry about not doing such things anymore, though, so there's that, right?

About three-quarters of this info is info we already know.

The only new info we've received is the PvP changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are keeping silence but removing disarm...
    Wait what?

why they are removing spells is beyond me. what harm does it do to have some 'fun' or 'rarely-used' spells in the game? I loved mind soothe, even though I didn't use it often. I did love holy nova on my disc priest, and the extra bind was totally worth using it maybe once every 10 games. that doesn't mean I would have lost those games had it not been for this bind, so if you don't like the ability, simply don't use it (or if it's too many spells for you). but why limit those who do care about perfecting their gameplay? why does everything have to be dumbed-down until it's no longer fun?