Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    We gave the cogent and compelling arguments for the squish long ago. You don't think the squish was a good idea, or was necessary? You're just wrong. Deal.
    That's not how arguments work.. You're not correct just because you want to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because the people you call 'anti-squish' are against it because they don't understand what it's doing. They come up with their own ideas and rally behind those, instead of understanding what's really going on.
    I understand what it's doing. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoofton View Post
    False, they are going to upgrade stats more linearly now, so we wont be up to MoP stats by xpac #7
    Your False is False. We've discussed this in numerous threads. They *HAVE TO* scale exponentially. If they don't, the best guilds will clear Mythic in a single week. You cannot scale boss difficulty without scaling exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because the people you call 'anti-squish' are against it because they don't understand what it's doing. They come up with their own ideas and rally behind those, instead of understanding what's really going on.
    I don't like the squish, yet I know how it works. I even had to explain multiple times to 'pro-squish' people how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    can someone explain this to me. i am in all favor for a squish, i need to use addons just to see what crit i do now because its uncomfortable to watch.

however, when i level a guy from 1-90 after the squish will it be the same numbers after some time, or will it go higher and higher intill it drops down at level 90?
    Previously, you had huge jumps in power when you hit a new expansion (e.g., you gain a lot more power going from 60 to 61 than you did going from 59 to 60). The reason for that is that when the expansions originally came out, they had to account for people in gear from raids/PvP seasons that occured after they hit max level. If they made 60 to 61 only as small a jump as 59 to 60 was, then people would use their level 60 raid gear all the way up until level 70 raids (and similarly when WotLK, Cata, and MoP were released).

To make it worse, every expansion made those "jumps" increasingly huge. To make someone 10% more powerful when they have 500 stat points is only an extra 50. When they have 5000, it's an extra 500. When they have 50,000, it's an extra 5000. And so on. So while the "jump" in TBC wasn't all that bad, the fact that they scaled up so much there meant that they had to scale up even more in WotLK, and even more than that in Cata, and now we're at the point where bosses have so much health, they can't even store it in the memory type that they use, so bosses have to have tricks to extend their health bar (like there being 9 bosses in the encounter, or the boss healing between phases to extend his health bar). If things were allowed to continue, next expansion would be even more absurd - we're talking tanks with HP in the hundred millions, DPS in the millions, bosses with trillions of health.

What they're doing is removing those "jumps". Most people don't go and farm AQ40 when they hit level 60, so they no longer have to worry about someone going in to level 61 zones being too powerful because they had raid gear from Vanilla. So in the new system, level 60 to 61 is about the same as 59 to 60.

Make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I understand what it's doing. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
    Then don't like it and unsub if it really bothers you that much if a bunch of numbers which was obviously caused by inflated gear levels per tier in MoP. Going from 60k dps with Mogushan Vaults to 300k dps in SoO is just insane. Gear meant way more than ever. I just want to go back to the days where gear doesn't have to matter and skill is what matters the most. Back in Cata, I would give up gear to my friends if they needed it cause I knew it didn't make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Then don't like it and unsub if it really bothers you that much if a bunch of numbers which was obviously caused by inflated gear levels per tier in MoP. Going from 60k dps with Mogushan Vaults to 300k dps in SoO is just insane. Gear meant way more than ever. I just want to go back to the days where gear doesn't have to matter and skill is what matters the most. Back in Cata, I would give up gear to my friends if they needed it cause I knew it didn't make much of a difference.
    The same shit will happen with inflation because they arent fixing that. Going from 3k to 15k is no better than 60k to 300k. All they are doing is lowering the numbers to reduce resil (less squish on HP) and to have it work for 32-bit processing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The same shit will happen with inflation because they arent fixing that. Going from 3k to 15k is no better than 60k to 300k. All they are doing is lowering the numbers to reduce resil (less squish on HP) and to have it work for 32-bit processing.
    Oh then that was their true purpose with the stat squish, then that's fine. Statement retracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll decide when I unsub or not. It's rude to tell people what they can and can't talk about. Try all you like you'll never convince me that the item squish is a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll decide when I unsub or not. It's rude to tell people what they can and can't talk about. Try all you like you'll never convince me that the item squish is a good idea.
    Your choice, like I care in all honesty. I just know I sold 2 accounts and am thinking of buying another one because wow is a fun game. It's not a big deal to unsub for an mmo, the problem is actually doing it. Takes a bit of will power as mmos are very different, for me it was wow and guild wars 2. Took me about a week after that final log off because I couldn't stand playing it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro squish crowd can't make a case without lobbing insults. It's quite funny. Even the moderator says you're shallow if you don't like the squish.
    Not what I said; not even really close. I'm not pro- or anti-squish. I'm saying it's largely an irrelevancy in terms of anything other than technical considerations that have little to do with personal play mechanics of the game. If someone thinks that hitting for 100K against a 500K mob is somehow 'better' than hitting for 10K against a 100K mob that strikes me as lacking depth. If that were the case perhaps we should simply multiply everything by 10 and we'd all be 10X 'better' at the game. A week after it happens most people won't even notice. That's my actual point.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-01 at 03:37 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Stat squish is one of the worst ideas Blizzard has ever come up with.
    It is very much needed though. What you naysayers fail to realize is that it was very needed. They had SERVER CRASHES because of boss health like Garrosh. Why do you think he heals 2 times during the fight? Because if he didn't he would have well over 1 billion health. Something the server didn't recognize and it caused several problems. The only way to fix it was to split his health up.

- - - Updated - - -

Pro squish crowd can't make a case without lobbing insults. It's quite funny. Even the moderator says you're shallow if you don't like the squish.
    Its because you think it is an insult. What you fail to realize is exactly their reasoning behind the whole thing. You are still doing a certain % of damage. Say for example you have do 100k damage on an average hit now and the mob has 1,000,000 health. You are doing 10% of that mobs health. Now with the stat squish they squish everyones health and damage to 10% of what it was before. You are now doing 10k damage on an average hit to that same mob that now has 100k health. You are still doing 10% of that mobs health per hit and will still kill it at the same speed.

Now if you are playing this game for big numbers then you need to re-evaluate why you are playing games.

Deleted
    To put it into context.

Your melee hit deals 100,000 damage to an enemy with 1,000,000 health. You've taken off 10%

After squish.

Your melee hit deals 10000 damage to an enemy with 100,000 health. You've taken off 10%.

They've stated all things are being squished, not just gear. Enemy hp, enemy ability damage, etc etc. So if you're worried about losing power, you're not. If you kill an enemy in 4 seconds right now, you'll kill that same enemy in 4 seconds after the squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    To put it into context.

Your melee hit deals 100,000 damage to an enemy with 1,000,000 health. You've taken off 10%

After squish.

Your melee hit deals 10000 damage to an enemy with 100,000 health. You've taken off 10%.

They've stated all things are being squished, not just gear. Enemy hp, enemy ability damage, etc etc. So if you're worried about losing power, you're not. If you kill an enemy in 4 seconds right now, you'll kill that same enemy in 4 seconds after the squish.
    Exactly. Such a simple concept to understand and yet people are making a huge fuss over it.

Exactly. Such a simple concept to understand and yet people are making a huge fuss over it.
    Right.

But it isnt solving the bigger issue of inflation, just them hitting the cap on 32-bit processing.

Its helpful, but if they dont fix the inflation rate, which has been getting worse, they will be pushing those numbers again

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    doesnt look awesome to me.. looks like they just erased 6 years of progress.. for all intended purposes you can say that your character gained NO power in the last 6 years.. Wrath, Cata, Panda ... you just had all that progress your character made.. null and voided. welcome to the biggest nerf in the history of the game. and before the i kill it in 5 seconds like i did before the squish crowd.. i had no problems killing in the same time frame as now as when i was in BC either.

Ill take the squish and get over it.. but i expect to see the biggest mass exit yet when the overwhelmingly large DPS crowd gets the news.
    they didn't erase 6 years of progress. And it isn't a nerf if everything is getting nerfed. If they were going to keep SoO bosses exactly the same after they put the squish in, then yes. it would be a nerf. but that isn't the case. And the dps crowd has it. This has been talked about for 3 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Because this is the internet. And people choose sides and won't budge regardless of how good an argument is. Everyone expects there are ppl like you here. Nobody will convince you because you will never let yourself be convinced. And it has nothing to do with the topic or the squish at all. It has everything to do with you wanting to "win". But the squish is going to be hella awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vinmmo View Post
    Let me bold a point for you, since it worked so well for your post. I like that style. (Bold. Bold is the style I like.)
    The community already makes numbers easier to comprehend on its own.
    Who talks about doing 450,000 damage? Nobody. They talk about doing 450k damage. The numbers after 450k are chump change and disregarded.
    Yeah. And they'll be easier after too. Win/win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    How does lvl 100 barely being above lvl 50 look awesome lol.
    The awesome part comes from new spells, talents, gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Right.

But it isnt solving the bigger issue of inflation, just them hitting the cap on 32-bit processing.

Its helpful, but if they dont fix the inflation rate, which has been getting worse, they will be pushing those numbers again
    All they have to do is simply keep the pace the had in Vanilla. They dont need to make 2k to 5k damage hit to feel different if they can make 1k to 1,5k damage hit feel different.

The death of character progression in wow and losing 30 levels worth of progression is totally awesome? No it's not. It sucks big balls.
    mmm minute before 6.0 goes live my arcane shoot hit a croc for 20% of its health , 1 minute after 6.0 goes live my arcane shot hits same croc for......... 20% 0f its health --what have I lost ???????

It doesn't matter if you think it's a good idea. The people making the game think it's a good idea. Being an IT guy, I agree with them doing it. Maybe you want literally every boss of the expansion to pull the Garrosh healing nonsense 16 times per fight, but few if anyone at all do, including the developers.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

without the item squish wows combat engine will break and you wont be able to play . It will take a long while to sort the combat engine out as it is entwined with te rest of the wow engine , so you have two choices , item squish or no game for a year or so --take your pick