Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If it wasn't for world pvp on the timeless isle, who woudln't get bored with the place after like 3 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Are you building tanks in World PvP?No?Then it's not warCRAFT
    I was building Tanks in Warcraft 1, 2 and 3. I was building tanks in Wintergrasp and TB.

Garrosh built lots of tanks in SOO, and several raids and dungeons before that built us tanks to ride in.

I see tank building everywhere...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Are you building tanks in World PvP?No?Then it's not warCRAFT
    What? You do know that you can have wars without tanks, right? It's not called tankcraft... War can be made by various means.

That's like saying that Witchcraft is the art of making brooms.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    What? You do know that you can have wars without tanks, right? It's not called tankcraft... War can be made by various means.

That's like saying that Witchcraft is the art of making brooms.

I wonder what they called it before tanks were invented......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope every person I gank gets as upset at OP. This is my one true dream.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Hate to concur but it's blatantly true. If you have friends playing the game, getting ganked isn't an issue. Anytime I was getting ganked, assuming I couldn't handle it, I'd call in a few guildies/friends to come kick their butts. The issue is that blizzard catered to the solo players, so therefor these players feel like the game should be balanced around them aswell which is incredibly idiotic. WoW was never a solo game and it shouldn't even though blizzard continues to support it. Never once while leveling prior to wotlk were you able to solo your way from 1-60. At some point you needed help whether it was for a dungeon or an elite quest... but ever since blizzard removed this aspect, solo players have felt like they can thrive by themselves. When I started, I didn't play w/ others, but I was forced to when I got my first elite quest "Hogger!" I tried it by myself only to realize that my attempts would continue to be futile. Out of desperation I saw another player around my level who had a shield. I asked him if he'd help me and luckily he was on the same quest. We grouped together and after a short period, hogger was vanquished. I learned that to get anywhere in the game, I couldn't depend upon just myself, which is what intrigued me more. Times change though, people prefer the current WoW while deep inside me I ache that the original WoW style will return. Leveling shouldn't take a week, it should take a month if not longer like it did in vanilla... That way everything you achieve feels like you accomplished something, but now it's a cake walk and nothing feels as amazing as it once was.
    Are your friends max level? If not, then they're irrelevant. If they are, then you have a bunch of max levels fighting around you and you don't get to do anything until they're done.

Group PvE content should never be confused for WPvP. The former is designed to encourage people to work together, the latter exists for people like this:

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    I really hope every person I gank gets as upset at OP. This is my one true dream.
    Who don't care about anyone but themselves and derive enjoyment from making other people miserable.

When you sign on a PVP realm, it's like you sign a contract, whatever Blizzard do to the game, well fuck you.
    Espacially if it's broken, then fuck you, much has possible.

My best answer I can give, use the nutriment and any other TI buff to get the most HP possible,
    Then most of the Pvp heroes on the island will not have the balls to take on you because you are not an easy target

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yup. Just ignore him. He's just one of those people who can't accept that other people have different opinions.

We've been talking about the "issues" for 17 pages now. Now his only move left is to constantly try to save face which he's doing a terrible job at.
    lol that actual issue has been addressed only a handful of times. You guys are talking about something completely different. People are just saying 'it is how it is', rather than considering that it could possibly be improved.

I'll keep quoting this until you get it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Timeless Isle is an example of an area that promotes WPvP, is it not? Look at what it's like, it's a cesspool of gank squads. It's not PvP( yes I get it, they're attacking other players), it's just squads of people running around 1shotting. It's not PvP because that 2nd P might as well be an E when there is no resistance.
    So, looking at a place like T.I as an example of a place that has promoted it, it can be concluded by many(not just me, go there and just read general) WPvP should not be promoted in that way because it is not good gameplay.

If you can't see this very simple idea then idk what else to say. Because its not that it's sometimes unbalanced, it always is. Which means it is not fun to any sensible person.

I'm not calling to get rid of WPvP, just the way it is encouraged in a place like T.I. Because TI PvP is not constructive.

Example of non constructive PvP: 3 rogues that have been at Alliance GY for DAYS that gank rezzers and then run off. Literally there is no way to keep them from running between their multiple vanishes and random vanity items that help them.

It's not the actual action that's the problem in this environment, it's the inability to do anything about it for more than 5 minutes.

Don't feed me your solutions for solving these individual battles because that's not the issue. The issue is the integrity and composition of encouraged WPvP itself.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-05 at 10:09 PM.

World PvP used to mean big fights in hillsbrad/arathi/crossroads, as well as certain (short lived) things like silithus pvp event.

Today, world PvP means ganking lower level characters or going 5vs1 - again preferring to target leveling characters that can not fight back.

In short, world pvp has become just a 5vs1 gankfest that has no meaning, no point, no gain, no strategy - it is all about griefing helpless players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No one on PvP servers actually wants to WPvP, that's why they suffer so horrifically from faction imbalance.
    Unfortunately. The addition of flying mounts at Cata launch also started a rapid decline on PvP servers. Most of the servers that are low population and at risk of dying are PvP servers now. Players have, over the years, rolled exclusively on PvE servers, transferred to PvE servers, or transfer to a few high pop/full PvP servers that are 99% one faction. Meanwhile, most PvE servers have still maintained at least a medium population even with the amount of realm transferring to servers like Stormrage.

We haven't had actual world PvP in years. Blizzard put in so many convenience systems that ended up aiding griefers and made it significantly easier to evade counterattacks. In the old days, if you ganked someone, you had to escape on foot and thus could be intercepted and killed. Now, you just immediately jump on your flying mount and hover 1000000 feet in the air until the opposition leaves. World PvP has been effectively replaced by sheer cowardice and outright zone disruption.

Even on Timeless Isle, you just have 5 man Rogue parties that one shot people then go stealth again and wait for the next person. They don't want to PvP.

This is one of the reasons why Blizzard had to make the PvP ilvl adjustments that they did since it became disruptive with people doing that crap at instance summoning stones and such.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-03-05 at 10:39 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why world PvP does NOT need to be encouraged. 90% of the time(really, not an exaggeration) it is just 2-3+ people killing 1 person. It is rarely competitive, it is rarely fun for both sides, and most of the time it becomes griefing because people never lay off, they just attack the moment you're near. So you say 'get a group and defend yourself'. First of all, this rarely works because of server imbalances and peoples complacency. Second, people have other things to do than PvP 100% of the time. When on T.I, there are times when it is so bad you can't do your normal activities. Just because it is a PvP server doesn't mean it is only for PvP.

Bottom line: The majority of WPvP is just a group going around globaling single people. It is only fun for the people with no threat of death. Honestly, It's on the verge of broken gameplay. It's at the point where some players would probably want to quit due to it. IMO there needs to be some sort of action taken by Blizzard in some way. Especially in a place in T.I where you can't get on your flying mount. Yes I get it, world PvP isn't supposed to be fair. But if it's never fair, then what's the point? That just sounds like a bad game.
    I took $300 about a little bit more than 2 years ago and moved all 10 of characters off the pvp realm I was on for more than 2 years, mainly because I got hooked back up to the previous rppvp realm (because of CRZ's being put in the game), I free transferred from of 5 years. Going to a Normal realm was the absolute best money I have spent on this game to date. I also have way more people to interact with and the games is so much better to play now, only regret I have is, I should of done long ago when I my friend's stopped play wow. I realize not everyone can afford to do a pay transfer, but you either have to do that or reroll on another realm.

I liked pvp when I first started playing, mainly because it was really a lot different then, than it is now. Even ganking has taken on a whole new meaning from the old days, CRZ's gave the ability for one to hide and evade others. It is one thing to gank a lowbie, but when some jumps on their main to engage the little numb nuts run away and hide so they don't have to deal the person. If your going to piss with people you should be able to take you medicine at equal level characters as well. This sort of thing happened every so often, but it has gotten worse over the few years. I made a choice to either stop playing altogether or transfer. I transferred and I have more fun now than I have in a very long time.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-03-05 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    (because of CRZ's being put in the game).
    inb4 mod says "conspiracy theory"

crz WILL be the cause of A LOT of people buying the level 90s blizzard is about to start selling. CRZ has ruined the low leveling experience on PvP realms and Blizzard knows people will spend the cash to skip it

lol that actual issue has been addressed only a handful of times. You guys are talking about something completely different. People are just saying 'it is how it is', rather than considering that it could possibly be improved.

I'll keep quoting this until you get it..
    This will be my last post in this thread because this is just going in circles.

You don't think that it should be promoted because you think that it's bad gameplay. Some people think that the gameplay is great.

It's been asked a few times on how you would improve it and you came up blank. Making a thread to just say that something shouldn't be encouraged because it's "bad" in your opinion doesn't do anything. You need to start accepting that some people like it how it is. And if someone likes something, why would they want it to be changed? No matter how many times you repeat yourself, you aren't going to convince anyone with this approach.

Threads are made to discuss things, not for you to just post something and ignore everyone's opinion. I'd suggest creating a blog for that if that's your goal.

You're constantly saying how this thread is like you hitting your head against a wall. Well, a sensible person would find another approach rather than continue it.

Regardless, good luck with this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post

crz WILL be the cause of A LOT of people buying the level 90s blizzard is about to start selling. CRZ has ruined the low leveling experience on PvP realms and Blizzard knows people will spend the cash to skip it
    I leveled several chars and never had any problem with CRZ, at least, not more than back to the time there was more people on pexing zones.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post

It didn't ruin the low level leveling experience with CRZ...it actually made the PVP realm what it was supposed to be..a PVP realm

FFS when you create a character on a PVP realm you basically acknowledge (whether you care to read into it or not) that you can be attacked by the opposite faction at any time, any place, and at any level failure to understand that is a fault on the player not Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    The only people who seem to have a huge issue with PvP realms are the anti-social ones who have no friends who'll come to their rescue.
    The few times I've been ganked and couldn't deal with it 1v1 I just called in the cavalry. And a few times out of that it's turned into group on group action.

This is a game about war and PVP servers really revived the game for me.

Terribly sorry a bunch of idiots think wPvP is entirely about ganking. There's more than just that and I look forwards to being grounded in WoD so that the stigma goes away and people just don't mount up and fly away. (Which is the only problem.)
    Sorry, but this is BS.
    I played on RP-PvP for all of TBC and Wrath.
    Unless you're in a dedicated PvP Guild, your guild mates won't always come to your rescue, because rescuing someone always interrupts what they wanted to do in that moment.

Esp. if you play a class that utterly sucks in 1vs1 situations.
    Sure Back then Mages and hunters (If you could survive the initial burst) were free honor for Spriests, but everything melee related, you could just take your hands of the keyboard.

In those for years I experienced fun WPvP maybe 5 times. The countless other times it was just some warrior steamrolling me or some rogue decloaking and oneshotting me. Most mages I saw just /waved, because they know they could lose and thus had no interest in picking a fight.

Yes WPvP is 95% ganking and 5% "true" PvP, you know, like gigantic city raids that cause the entire server to lag.

It's been asked a few times on how you would improve it and you came up blank.
    Unless you create proper 1:1 balance (which is impossible) WPvP will always suck, because the lions share of it IS 1 vs. 1.
    Thus it is impossible to improve it.

What you could do is that "grey" is off limits unless they attack first, but Blizzard doesn't want any restrictions.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-03-06 at 08:03 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sorry, but this is BS.
    I played on RP-PvP for all of TBC and Wrath.
    Unless you're in a dedicated PvP Guild, your guild mates won't always come to your rescue, because rescuing someone always interrupts what they wanted to do in that moment.

Esp. if you play a class that utterly sucks in 1vs1 situations.
    Sure Back then Mages and hunters (If you could survive the initial burst) were free honor for Spriests, but everything melee related, you could just take your hands of the keyboard.

In those for years I experienced fun WPvP maybe 5 times. The countless other times it was just some warrior steamrolling me or some rogue decloaking and oneshotting me. Most mages I saw just /waved, because they know they could lose and thus had no interest in picking a fight.

Yes WPvP is 95% ganking and 5% "true" PvP, you know, like gigantic city raids that cause the entire server to lag.

Unless you create proper 1:1 balance (which is impossible) WPvP will always suck, because the lions share of it IS 1 vs. 1.
    Thus it is impossible to improve it.

What you could do is that "grey" is off limits unless they attack first, but Blizzard doesn't want any restrictions.

There are restrictions..... It's called a PVE server.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I like PvP servers, but I see this as a growing problem. Thus the thread.
    What do you like about PvP servers?

If nobody's going to come help you that's your problem.

Get into a guild that actually gives a crap instead of some random leveling junkie guild or one of those oddball guilds that hate PvP yet play on a PvP realm.
    I have literally never had a problem even in social guilds while leveling to have somebody come out and help; And this includes on a PvE realm where I got accidentally flagged.

Deleted
    Sometimes it does get bad but it's still a PvP server, deal with it. If I get ganked leveling, I bring my main and the pain train. Most people who stick around to gank are usually awful players. TI is not an anomaly and you should expect to be attacked, bring a guildy to help you out or just accept the gank and move on or fight back.