Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Useless to mention that, as a Horde / Alliance player, you have a huge advantages against the ordos faction since they can't use the shrines nor the buffing items.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy ganking when leveling and can gank more than 1 player for many hours when bored, fair and square.. Some people are even higher level and grouped together, yet I beat them and they come running with their 90s and cry on the forums that 90s shouldn't be able to attack low level players.. Yeah, I'd love that, but I can guarantee them that the ganking then will get .. destructive and they might be lucky leveling 1-2 levels a week. I really hate it, haha but enjoy it when after 1-2 hours their LFR hero comes rushing at me.

Again, the way you people talk about world PvP is not the way it is. You can't just group up with a few people and solve the problem, because the problem is constant. You'd have to spend 90% of your time PvPing. No one has friends that would help that much.

How people don't see graveyard camping as a problem, I have no idea.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Again, the way you people talk about world PvP is not the way it is. You can't just group up with a few people and solve the problem, because the problem is constant. You'd have to spend 90% of your time PvPing. No one has friends that would help that much.

Because we play on a server where that isn't an option. You play on a server where it is an option. If you don't like it maybe it is time to get on a different server.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the way you people talk about world PvP is not the way it is. You can't just group up with a few people and solve the problem, because the problem is constant. You'd have to spend 90% of your time PvPing.
    Yeah, I know. It's almost as if Blizzard made PvP realms for people who like to PvP...

Deleted

You can.
    I'm Fire-Watcher, which means I collected 2000 bloody coins. And I encountered several groups or even RAIDS of fully heroic geared players that went to the islands days after days to camp me and stop me from killing them.
    So I simply stopped farming bloody coins for a few hours when this happened.

Some people asked help on the general channel and formed a PUG to kill me and other ordos players.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-03-03 at 05:29 PM.

Reminds me of that giant warning wall of text people used to get when people choose a pvp server. Last time I made a toon on one (couple months ago), I didn't see said warning. It should've never left.

Now if op is on a pve server, joins celes group that ends up on a pvp server...I can see some reason for annoyance. But said scenario has led to some fun wpvp on my pve server.

It is rarely competitive
    I know that people nowadays call all sorts of shitty games competitive including cardgames but come on. Random pvp encounter in wow ? Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Now if op is on a pve server, joins celes group that ends up on a pvp server...I can see some reason for annoyance.
    Read that somewhere else as well but seriously there is a warning stating you are about to enter a different server and it even says the name of that server so so I really can't see any reason for being annoyed.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-03-03 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I know that people nowadays call all sorts of shitty games competitive including cardgames but come on. Random pvp encounter in wow ? Get over it.

Read that somewhere else as well but seriously there is a warning stating you are about to enter a different server and it even says the name of that server so so I really can't see any reason for being annoyed.
    Hell I never give enough of a damn to notice. I just join so I can collect my box of gold ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I totally understand the frustration of the op. I've played on mostly pvp servers. Whenever I came back to the game a few weeks ago I decided to roll on a different server with balanced factions. TI sucks, you can't get anything done without getting ganked and camped. I like pvp, but unorganized world pvp is a joke and usually a pretty shitty experience for one side. I decided to play on an old pve server of mine, with xserver arenas you can find partners anywhere now. Since there isn't a need to be on a pvp server I'm choosing not to be. I couldn't be happier with my choice of playing on a pve server. It's nice being able to do whatever you want in the world and saves a lot of wasted time. Maybe if I enjoyed destroying people with lower lvl/gear/experience then I'd like current world pvp. Gear and level discrepancies mean everything atm, so you're right, world pvp is in a shitty spot. I don't think they should change pvp servers though. A better balanced game where players a little lower level or geared still had a slight chance would be much more fun.

You all sound very out of touch with whats going on in game. It's not even about PvP anymore, It's just a quality of gameplay issue. And again, you people are focusing on the wrong thing. My point is that T.I is an example of why world PvP isn't something that should be promoted like people want it to be. It isn't PvP, it's just continuous griefing. Come up with something better to say than 'derp go PvE server' because that is not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    It will be said:
    • Normal Server? Don't flag yourself.
    • PVP server? Roll on a normal server.
    • Friends on a PVP server don't want to move to Normal server? Get new friends
    Truth in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The only issue you are describing is that others arent willing to fight back. If groups fight back against the other groups the conflict is enjoyable. All you have happening is people being cowards and not fighting back. Its not about PvPing 100% of the time, but fighting back somewhat instead of trying to rezz and run away is the solution.

Right. Because those people are either 1)Bad or 2)Cowards. Tell them to grow a pair and fight back if they go crying in general chat. It is entirely Okay to camp a graveyard.
    I see this a lot, and yet I see complaints from PvPers when the obvious solution to this is suggested. Let all the tens of thousands of people who have no interest in PvP but are stuck on PvP realms move all their chars to PvE realms free of charge. It would improve the situation for both camps in my opinion.

Why world PvP does NOT need to be encouraged. 90% of the time(really, not an exaggeration) it is just 2-3+ people killing 1 person. It is rarely competitive, it is rarely fun for both sides, and most of the time it becomes griefing because people never lay off, they just attack the moment you're near. So you say 'get a group and defend yourself'. First of all, this rarely works because of server imbalances and peoples complacency. Second, people have other things to do than PvP 100% of the time. When on T.I, there are times when it is so bad you can't do your normal activities. Just because it is a PvP server doesn't mean it is only for PvP.

Bottom line: The majority of WPvP is just a group going around globaling single people. It is only fun for the people with no threat of death. Honestly, It's on the verge of broken gameplay. It's at the point where some players would probably want to quit due to it. IMO there needs to be some sort of action taken by Blizzard in some way. Especially in a place in T.I where you can't get on your flying mount. Yes I get it, world PvP isn't supposed to be fair. But if it's never fair, then what's the point? That just sounds like a bad game.
    To be honest World pvp was never a real thing,in vanilla we had a little Wpvp but when battlegrounds came up it died,if you say that this is a lie you probably didnt play in that time or you are just nostalgic and cant see the truth

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You all sound very out of touch with whats going on in game. It's not even about PvP anymore, It's just a quality of gameplay issue. And again, you people are focusing on the wrong thing. My point is that T.I is an example of why world PvP isn't something that should be promoted like people want it to be. It isn't PvP, it's just continuous griefing. Come up with something better to say than 'derp go PvE server' because that is not a solution.

It is a solution. It is just a solution you don't like.

Let me repeat. There is no bad pvp. There is only pvp you don't like. If you don't want to have to watch your back at all time.

DON'T PLAY ON A PVP SERVER.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    youre going to get very little sympathy from people.

T.I isnt promoting anything. its a high traffic area. a high traffic area on a pvp server is going to attract lots of people. some people will fight honorably, others will not.

i love playing on pvp servers. i know that there is always a risk of my character being camped, whether it be at my body or at a graveyard. its the ruleset i agreed to when i selected the server. what blizzard should do is make the warning (if there even is one anymore) the size of your entire monitor and give several instances in which camping and/or griefing can happen.

you dont have the right to say what is and isnt compelling or fun gameplay as it varies from person to person. blizzard lays the ground rules out and very clearly states that camping is a non actionable offense. theres nothing they will do, with very very very rare exceptions.

again, no many people are going to sympathize with you. either pay for a server transfer, or roll a new toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I see this a lot, and yet I see complaints from PvPers when the obvious solution to this is suggested. Let all the tens of thousands of people who have no interest in PvP but are stuck on PvP realms move all their chars to PvE realms free of charge. It would improve the situation for both camps in my opinion.
    and lose out on the money of a server transfer? fat chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come up with something better to say than 'derp go PvE server' because that is not a solution.
    Come up with something better than repeating "problems" that have been in the game since launch.

The reason we keep saying it is because it's a simple concept that you aren't grasping. PvP realms are for PvP. It does not matter if they are fair or not. remember the saying, "All is fair in love and war".

Griefing has been in the game since launch, so maybe take a page from your own book when you tell us to "come up with something better". It's a side effect of the freedom they give us on PvP realms. You don't like it? Thats fine, it's your opinion. But Blizzard has realms for those who don't like it.

Your opinion isn't the only one that matters. There are people playing on the PvP realms that actually enjoy wPvP. And no, not all of them are griefers.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    It is a solution. It is just a solution you don't like.
    Let me repeat. There is no bad pvp. There is only pvp you don't like. If you don't want to have to watch your back at all time.

DON'T PLAY ON A PVP SERVER.
    Are you just trolling now? Caps don't make you right or your point clearer. OP brings up a reasonable point. I don't know why you think there's no such thing as bad pvp. Bad is pretty subjective and I don't think you're somehow the authority on this matter. Imbalanced and one-sided situations are good examples of bad pvp imo, both of which is what the op's post is about. Yes you shouldn't play on a pvp server if you don't want to get ganked, but that's not entirely what the op's post is about. No need to turn capslock on.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post

and lose out on the money of a server transfer? fat chance.
    For sure. Its obviously never going to happen, I'm just surprised that so many PvP players are against this. It's like they want us who never partake in PvP to be stuck on their realms for no reason other than there are more people to piss off or something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if our presence on PvP realms lowers the quality of the world PvP and we have no interest at all in being there, what's the reason to be against this. A more light change that could perhaps even be a possibility would be an option to flag your account to be thrown into PvE cross realm zones instead of PvP. Could add a horrendously long cooldown timer like a month or whatever to prevent abuse.

Again, I don't believe this will happen, but the rabid opposition to something like this from PvPers boggles me greatly.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have characters on a PvP server and I have characters on a Normal server as well. World PvP more often than not is a nuisance at best to the person being attacked. It gives some intense feeling of glee to the person that initiates the PvP, and that's about it. World PvP is nothing like it used to be, and that's likely why very few people actually engage in World PvP anymore. It used to be fun, it used to put you on edge, and now it's pretty much "Great now I have to either kill this nitwit or wait 15 years for him to kill me so that I can remount and get to this Ordos group/rare that was called out/whatever." - If you wait until the kiddies are in school / in bed / whatever then you just have to deal with the knuckledraggers and your odds of not getting harassed are much better. Unlike what Kuragalolz suggests, aversion to PvP has little if anything to do with cowardice, PvP just serves as an inconvenience. If you like that sort of thing, PvP servers are great. I can tolerate it in order to play with my friends. So I don't really mind the PvP server thing. I just log-in and do enough stuff to get my weekly coins and then queue for Flex with my friends.

If you hate PvP though, or don't like the chance of PvP happening, just ... don't roll on a PvP server.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest