10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    He didn't have a single Ret ability, though. He had Holy Light, Devotion Aura, Divine Shield, and Redemption (Resurrection). He was definitely a Holy Pally, and his damage and scaling were abysmal despite being a STR based hero.

I think Blizz nailed PLD perfectly in D3. Sword and Board all the way!

No, can't agree at all. No.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Just no.
    No melee should have ever talent to get basic gap closing/mobility/basic melee tools.
    It's borderline stupid, imo.
    Why virtually any other melee spec has talents to AUGMENT their mobility/gap closing while we talent just to have this slightly better mobility (I can't call this fething t15 a gap closer)?

It would be logical to have LAotL/SoL as a baseline tool with tier15 augmenting it that way or the other.
    Logic is such a liar.

Having to talent into gap closer as tier100 would be literally offensive however I might like your gap closer idea.
    I do think Speed of Light should have been baseline. But, I also think it would be cool if we could leap into the air and land on a target for damage every 20 sec or so. Considering it could cost Holy Power since we can generate Holy Power from far away, it could probably work. It would also mean our gap closer could be nastier than other classes because it has stronger conditions for its use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, can't agree at all. No.
    Even if they added Buckler class, small shields that can be worn while wielding a weapon in two hands?

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    I do think Speed of Light should have been baseline. But, I also think it would be cool if we could leap into the air and land on a target for damage every 20 sec or so. Considering it could cost Holy Power since we can generate Holy Power from far away, it could probably work. It would also mean our gap closer could be nastier than other classes because it has stronger conditions for its use.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if they added Buckler class, small shields that can be worn while wielding a weapon in two hands?
    And what do you think about the main point of my post - talenting into basic , bread-and-butter skills of a melee spec and its wrongness?

And what do you think about the main point of my post - talenting into basic , bread-and-butter skills of a melee spec and its wrongness?
    The same thing I think about if Warriors and DKs had to talent into Charge and Death Grip. I would call them awful and stop playing mine. Basic, necessary skills should always be baseline abilities: talents should be flavor and situational skills, modifying what abilities you have or giving you unique edges over an already fairly acceptable package.

Looking at our level 15 tier, LAotL and Pursuit of Justice both used to be baseline skills for us, and they still weren't good enough. If those were default abilities, and we could choose between improving them, getting a sprint, or getting an instantaneous movement skill, then it would be a very reasonable tier. Instead it just sucks because you basically pick between which inadequate talent to use.

Just no.
    No melee should have ever talent to get basic gap closing/mobility/basic melee tools.
    It's borderline stupid, imo.
    Why virtually any other melee spec has talents to AUGMENT their mobility/gap closing while we talent just to have this slightly better mobility (I can't call this fething t15 a gap closer)?

It would be logical to have LAotL/SoL as a baseline tool with tier15 augmenting it that way or the other.
    Logic is such a liar.

Having to talent into gap closer as tier100 would be literally offensive however I might like your gap closer idea.
    I would happily accept a baseline gap closer, it just doesn't seem like something Blizzard wants to do. So Talented gap closer > no gap closer at all.

http://www.twitch.tv/chinglishtv
    Woo-hooooo!

Edit: Already i can see than DP had to get some proc chance buff, it's proccing much more than on line w/o the t16.
    Last edited by Puzzony; 2014-06-10 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/chinglishtv
    Woo-hooooo!

Edit: Already i can see than DP had to get some proc chance buff, it's proccing much more than on line w/o the t16.
    Even though numbers haven't had a big pass yet, just watching what I saw felt meh. What's that gear level's ilvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I would happily accept a baseline gap closer, it just doesn't seem like something Blizzard wants to do. So Talented gap closer > no gap closer at all.
    I wouldn't be so bold as to call tier15+emancipate+HoF an actual gap closer.
    Much rather call it "an complex of meagre tools to have a chance to get somewhat closer to enemy".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Even though numbers haven't had a big pass yet, just watching what I saw felt meh. What's that gear level's ilvl?
    They start with ilv500, but i don't know about the questing/dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Atleast mobs are dying pretty fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Arms has it's own issues to despite what this thread thinks. I am not going to use a shield as ret. Never. I don't having it as an option but the second it becomes the "MUST" is when I will be upset.

/batglare
    And i'll upset if i'll be forced to use empowered seals of crap. Everyone has his issues.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
    Atleast mobs are dying pretty fast
    Why wouldn't the mob(s) die fast? You're not weaker compared to old "balance" between mobs and players... If you killed a Boar in 7 hits before stat squish you're still going to kill it (roughly) in 7 hits after stat squish.
    Yes you hit for "less" numbers but you still deal the same % of the mobs health per hit, I'm sure there's going to be some addon made that turns your 3000 damage numbers into 3000000 numbers to feed your (not your as in you) number-craving mind.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Why wouldn't the mob(s) die fast? You're not weaker compared to old "balance" between mobs and players... If you killed a Boar in 7 hits before stat squish you're still going to kill it (roughly) in 7 hits after stat squish.
    Yes you hit for "less" numbers but you still deal the same % of the mobs health per hit, I'm sure there's going to be some addon made that turns your 3000 damage numbers into 3000000 numbers to feed your (not your as in you) number-craving mind.
    Its not about big numbers, wotlk-ish numbers are fine to me. I dont recall them mobs dying in a matter of seconds while leveling my ret in MoP. Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
    Its not about big numbers, wotlk-ish numbers are fine to me. I dont recall them mobs dying in a matter of seconds while leveling my ret in MoP. Or is it just me?
    Just you. While leveling in MoP as long as you didn't pull half the zone you'd annihilate them.

Btw, Celestalon started a theory crafting page on the us alpha forums. I haven't gotten to read much of it yet, but if you want to know mechanics and math stuff out that's the place for good feedback.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Just you. While leveling in MoP as long as you didn't pull half the zone you'd annihilate them.

Btw, Celestalon started a theory crafting page on the us alpha forums. I haven't gotten to read much of it yet, but if you want to know mechanics and math stuff out that's the place for good feedback.
    Every spec got some answers for their questions, except one. Guess whom...

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Every spec got some answers for their questions, except one. Guess whom...
    I really hope this is sarcasm, because I missed all of the priest, rogue, lock, shaman questions and answers as well. This thread has gone downhill over the past few weeks to the point of being just a bunch of people wallowing in self pity. Every little thing is being picked apart right now like it's a huge issue down to fucking spell effects.

I really hope this is sarcasm, because I missed all of the priest, rogue, lock, shaman questions and answers as well. This thread has gone downhill over the past few weeks to the point of being just a bunch of people wallowing in self pity. Every little thing is being picked apart right now like it's a huge issue down to fucking spell effects.
    Lich King yells: Hope wanes.

Per Celestalon tweet - Vers. conversion rate for level 100 currently set at 130. For reference crit is at 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's legit that people start getting frustrated because there is no clear answer that explains in which direction ret goes. Everything we got is very vague. The only thing we know is, that blizzard is happy about rets mechanics.
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2014-06-10 at 01:06 PM.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    We should ask about MS proccing our mastery and seals where appropriate again in light of:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...30237982707713

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...30372359815169
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."