Wtb alhpa invite holy poo will give you my babies
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    would have loved to test empowered seals today, but then i realized that seal of truth is not in game! very fun.( button is there, but no stance can be put into)

TLDR this build is 100% worthless to paladins since their main seal is not accessible. Very impressive

- - - Updated - - -

also, the supposed number squish is a lie. So far at level 100 with starting gear, we have 270k hp, i expect us to be at 400k by the end of the expansion. so dont expect much to happen on this end

- - - Updated - - -

Final verdict hits about twice as hard as hammer of wrath ATM, and 2.3 times harder than TV.

It takes about 5 targets to even consider using divine storm, and about 4 to use hammer.

Looks like our cleaving got gutted boys! even though it was arguably already bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    would have loved to test empowered seals today, but then i realized that seal of truth is not in game! very fun.( button is there, but no stance can be put into)

TLDR this build is 100% worthless to paladins since their main seal is not accessible. Very impressive

- - - Updated - - -

also, the supposed number squish is a lie. So far at level 100 with starting gear, we have 270k hp, i expect us to be at 400k by the end of the expansion. so dont expect much to happen on this end

- - - Updated - - -

Final verdict hits about twice as hard as hammer of wrath ATM, and 2.3 times harder than TV.

It takes about 5 targets to even consider using divine storm, and about 4 to use hammer.

Looks like our cleaving got gutted boys! even though it was arguably already bad

Hmmm is final verdict kinda compareable to ToT tier15 100% holy TV dmg set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hmmm is final verdict kinda compareable to ToT tier15 100% holy TV dmg set bonus?
    It's stronger considering its guaranteed and sunder armor was removed making physical attacks mitigated further

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    JK seal of truth does not work for ret only, what a hoot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Yeah, do what you can. Appreciate the effort you're putting into it!
    I'd do it to if they'd give me a bloody invite.

<--No Alpha/Beta invite club.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile arms has a 200% whirlwind in their main rotation and howling blast / blade flurry exists.

Ret IS NOT an AoE class. period

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Empowered seal's insight buff seems to be lasting 25 seconds instead of 20, might be a bug or a buff to make it heal a bit more since the heal per second was nerfed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Meanwhile arms has a 200% whirlwind in their main rotation and howling blast / blade flurry exists.

Ret seems to be a lot of nothing as far as i can see anaxie :/

And you would think we would be more AoE oriented considering divine storm is one of the most iconic abilities in game, its a shame it will hardly see any use

- - - Updated - - -

scaling for exo is still shit 660 epic gear or 500 green gear, exo still hits a lot less than judgement.

Forever doomed to be a trash spell

10+ Year Old Account
    And you would think we would be more AoE oriented considering divine storm is one of the most iconic abilities in game, its a shame it will hardly see any use
    In the past Divine Storm was bad to have in our rotation, cause it would cause a problem with breaking CC. Today though nobody does CC, and tanks hold aggro like it was their birth right.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it was obvious from the start that with losing our t16 4 set procs and inquisition along with none of the level 100 talents directly effecting AoE that our AoE is going to be no existent.

Final Verdict almost removes the need for Divine Storm because you will need a dumb amount of targets for it to be worth it. Really bad design mechanically and is a prime example of needing a lot more attention from Blizzard than we are getting.

As it stands in WoD we are not fine Mechanically for either PvE or PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Well for a class that isn't AoE, it's the two AoE fights where I personally am strongest in relation to the other classes/specs I raid with. Granted, it may be different in your case.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Well for a class that isn't AoE, it's the two AoE fights where I personally am strongest in relation to the other classes/specs I raid with. Granted, it may be different in your case.
    thats on live where we have a gimmick tier set and a much stronger divine storm.

On alpha, crusader strike and TV are so much higher in addition to DS getting nerfed AND the gimmick tier set being gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    They're referring to WoD not live. We all know our current 4pc has the ability to make us crush everyone else on aoe with a little luck. As it looks right now, we have a lot less goin for us for aoe in WoD. Need more numbers passes, I guess. Or something.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tested a bunch of other classes as well and ret seems very underwhelming damage, mechanically, and is more buggier than the rest of the classes out there.

Half of our spells dont function as intended and they hit very weak in comparison

If the next build does not have anything for ret, then i dont even know what to do at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    They're referring to WoD not live. We all know our current 4pc has the ability to make us crush everyone else on aoe with a little luck. As it looks right now, we have a lot less goin for us for aoe in WoD. Need more numbers passes, I guess. Or something.
    without the tier set i think our AOE needs a mechanical change.

Its not just numbers that are wrong with it. it takes a while to build up and can only be built up if there is a target at your range.

We still dont have a non targeted AOE that we can use reliably

10+ Year Old Account
    Tested a bunch of other classes as well and ret seems very underwhelming damage, mechanically, and is more buggier than the rest of the classes out there.

Half of our spells dont function as intended and they hit very weak in comparison

If the next build does not have anything for ret, then i dont even know what to do at that point.
    Continue testing and providing reasonable feedback? Not much else to do but that, as ever.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    with the removal on inquisition, i think holy power is a failed cause. i would like to see it removed at this point because it has close to 0 interaction to how we would function if our abilities just had a cooldown instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Ah yes sorry, mixing up threads.

- - - Updated - - -

without the tier set i think our AOE needs a mechanical change.

Its not just numbers that are wrong with it. it takes a while to build up and can only be built up if there is a target at your range.

We still dont have a non targeted AOE that we can use reliably
    That part about the non-targeted AoE is, I feel, the heart of any issue we have.

We need a non-target, limited number of enemies hit, ranged ability.

I think Light's Hammer should get toned down to match the power of a shorter cooldown, let's say 15 seconds, and give it a shared cooldown with Exorcism, and also affected by the cooldown reset proc.

The Exorcism glyph should then be made to apply to Judgment instead. This is important because Judgment being made melee range would be very hindering, and the AoE debuff aspect is friendly, helpful enough to offset our primary ranged ability.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah, it was obvious from the start that with losing our t16 4 set procs and inquisition along with none of the level 100 talents directly effecting AoE that our AoE is going to be no existent.

Final Verdict almost removes the need for Divine Storm because you will need a dumb amount of targets for it to be worth it. Really bad design mechanically and is a prime example of needing a lot more attention from Blizzard than we are getting.

As it stands in WoD we are not fine Mechanically for either PvE or PvP.
    Numbers are easily fixable, sure as sure ;[

One thing that annoys me that is not related to number tuning is Glyph of Hand of Freedom. It's a very good glyph but it seems kind of bad design to put so much of our PvP utility into a glyph. Also, it feeds into the problem of us having too much single-target utility and barely any raid/group-wide utility. Having both hand of freedom and hand of sacrifice have two different functions is also very clunky and awkward. It would be much better to remove the dispel from sacrifice and remove the glyph of hand of freedom, and replace it with AoE PvP utility, something like this:

Beacon of Liberty - The Paladin becomes a light of hope which improves the morale of all allies within 30 yards, causing them to overcome crowd control effects 25% more quickly, lasts 10 seconds, 1min cooldown.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2014-06-26 at 06:46 PM.