Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    But you can gain mana purely from instants with DP, MW cannot.
    Over a span of 18 seconds. Very efficient.

Just stop while you are already far behind.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by btard View Post
    does that mean that our regen will be greater than 4% max mana per 5 seconds?

Edit: Forgot to take stats squish into account. >.>

With the reduction of base mana/max mana, the regen rate may be equivalent to or higher than the current 4% mp5...but it will look lower. So 2% of the new base mana may equate to 4% of today's current base mana.

Anyway, I'm liking the look of the new Divine Plea with the decreased mana cost of Holy Shock. The active mana regen model, imo, is better than the static 2-min cd DP has currently.
    Last edited by Kyaza; 2014-04-25 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Over a span of 18 seconds. Very efficient.

Just stop while you are already far behind.
    Wanna trade 8% over 16 second while standing still and doing no healing? You are the one far behind, DP is so much better than CJL in any way possible, Holy shock heals, CJL does not.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2014-04-25 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Wanna trade 8% over 16 second while standing still and doing no healing? You are the one far behind, DP is so much better than CJL in any way possible, Holy shock heals, CJL does not.
    Holy Shock also costs mana, even if you generate mana purely on Holy Shock(1.9% of total mana), you'll only get 1.3% total mana every 18 seconds.

Someone obviously forgot Holy Shock costs mana.

Getting further behind with every exhibit of ignorance, dearie.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

do we have tower of radiance in alpha and does it work with holy light?

Deleted
    Someone obviously forgot Holy Shock costs mana.

Getting further behind with every exhibit of ignorance, dearie.
    How is that ignorance? Costing or not you still gain mana only by holy shocking and using DP while also healing and moving. You regen mana while healing, MW cannot, you have to first channell for 4 sec than attempt to cast other abilities to heal to use that mana.
    Also you could stop acting so mighty when you just point out minor inconsistenties that still don't disprove my point, just accept that DP is much better than CJL, everyone can see it.

nope it's not better because i will use that holy power for LoD or WoG. 7% per 3 HP is not that good. i can have up to 5 holy power and i wont ever use plea if i dont have all 5 and 6th coming. you just cant understand that holy power is 2-3 times more valueable than chi.

This isn't supposed to be a pissing contest, it is a thread for discussing what Paladin healers need and want. I'm fucking tired of monks coming in here trying to whine about their class. If CJL is that "horrible" to you, maybe go complain about that in the proper place (monk forums).

On topic: I'll have some sample rotations up soon.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-04-26 at 12:00 AM.

the ideal 'monk plea' is a button that gives you 14% of mana for 4 chi and 4% on top of that as a mana tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it on-topic, please. Let's keep the thread primarily about paladins -- if you want to bring other classes in it, that's fine as long as it pertains to the discussion.

How is that ignorance? Costing or not you still gain mana only by holy shocking and using DP while also healing and moving. You regen mana while healing, MW cannot, you have to first channell for 4 sec than attempt to cast other abilities to heal to use that mana.
    Also you could stop acting so mighty when you just point out minor inconsistenties that still don't disprove my point, just accept that DP is much better than CJL, everyone can see it.
    You have no point. What is there to disprove as a result? You are simply wrong, and it's ok to be wrong as long as you know you are even if you don't want to accept it.

nope it's not better because i will use that holy power for LoD or WoG. 7% per 3 HP is not that good. i can have up to 5 holy power and i wont ever use plea if i dont have all 5 and 6th coming. you just cant understand that holy power is 2-3 times more valueable than chi.
    7% total mana is worth more than 3 HP EF/LoD. Or rather, the mana:holy power ratio is largely skewed in DP's favor atm, especially with the cost reductions to generators.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-04-26 at 02:57 AM.

You have no point. What is there to disprove as a result? You are simply wrong, and it's ok to be wrong as long as you know you are even if you don't want to accept it.

7% total mana is worth more than 3 HP EF/LoD. Or rather, the mana:holy power ratio is largely skewed in DP's favor atm, especially with the cost reductions to generators.
    A 3hp EF heals for 658 sp with ticks...LOD does 518 sp.. ..7% mana only enough for 2 holy lights 418% sp total..3 HP EF 50% better than DP mana return

Not sure if this was mentioned but I for one am wondering how the new Divine Plea will work will Divine Purpose, I'm thinking spending say, one holy power on a heal and then pleaing for free mana, possibly chaining several times.

Thoughts?
    Leadfoot352

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot352 View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned but I for one am wondering how the new Divine Plea will work will Divine Purpose, I'm thinking spending say, one holy power on a heal and then pleaing for free mana, possibly chaining several times.

Thoughts?
    Leadfoot352
    I have no doubt they'll do something like "Does not Work with Divine Purpose or Holy Avenger".

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    I have no doubt they'll do something like "Does not Work with Divine Purpose or Holy Avenger".
    Why would they, there's no reason why it wouldn't work. But its usefulness is debatable, you are still giving up healing for mana either way. It's great but not "over the top" or anything particularly interesting.

You already have X effective Holy Power as you do today, just tomorrow you are allowed to trade Y of it for mana instead of healing.

DP @ 7% is by far the best of the "active mana-regen" skills.

if ur still not sold tho i'd gladly trade DP for monks @ 3 chi for denounce having a 4 sec cast to restore 2% mana.

lets go trade boys

it's not that simple

holy radiance - 8.8% mana, 1 holy power ( = 2.33% mana), 178*3.5 = 623% sp healing, 186% sp healing to beacons, 122% * 1.5 * 1.21 = 221% daybreak + perk healing (150% of holyshock)(40% crit for hs instead of 15% for other spells), 168% sp healing from 20% mastery . totals: 1200% sp healing for 6.47% mana

light of dawn - 3 holy power (=7% mana), 28.8 * 6* 3 * 1.2 = 622% sp healing (Holy Insight 20% buff for LoD), 186% sp healing to beacons, 124% healing from 20% mastery. totals: 932% healing for 7% mana

holy light (beacons) 2.3% mana, 218 * 1.2 = 262% sp healing(improved), 262% sp healing from beacons, 52% healing from 20% mastery. total 576% healing for 2.3% mana

holy radiance: 185% healing per 1% mana
    light of dawn: 133% healing per 1% mana
    holy light: 250% healing per 1% mana

if you want to compare these numbers with other classes, multiply them by 1.25 (Holy Insight) and 1.05 (Seal of Insight).
    Last edited by btard; 2014-04-26 at 05:15 AM.

it's not that simple

*garbles of numbers*
    Would you like to put that in some sort of way that a human can follow?
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

well that means that with 100% buff to daybreak http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=157455 holy radiance is so good that i will never use EF or LoD