Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Dear God, why? Just kill them. Any tank has enough ranged damage output to whittle them down, and between my divine star and occasional mind sear (not really much else to do down there between tornados and geysers) and our warrior's thunderclaps and shockwaves, we never have more than two packs alive at once.

You're right about this being a trivial heroic with this strategy, but I'd still rank it harder than Norushen, Protectors and Galakras, personally.
    As a ranged dps, I kinda do think Shamans is the easiest fight. You have to have a decent reaction speed, but as a Fire Mage, that's just second nature anyways. It's two steps to the side every 30sec, I think Shamans is the fight I use Scorch the least on out of all fights, including Protectors and Norushen. But I mean, what I think is hard is maybe easy for someone else and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    This is what I was talking about since that method of handling Haromm is widely used. One person messed up - moving too slow on Tomb, or being confused / moving too slow when getting targeted by stream, ended up letting hit clip the raid, or someone move together with the stream - I have seen it all during progression and even occasionally during farm - can easily lead to a 1-shot death. Increase the number of people, and you increase the chance it will fall on someone capable of messing up.
    I'm not saying it's hard, but it's clearly harder than "follow the tank, AoE, repeat" as there is > nothing < Kardris do can one shot you even if you mess up as long as you don't stand in red circle for 15s (the debuff can, but easily handled with personal CD or absorb, and you have a long period of time to prepare for it).
    Moving from the tomb as a group is so easy that it shouldn't be seen as something that can fuck your group up unless people are really bad. I recommend you actually try this tactic, because it's incredibly easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    I know but what I mean is I know dk has enough slow (chilblains) to kite comfortably and disease/blood boil which can gradually kill adds while kiting. But I'm not sure how pally does that. Can't think of any slow as good as chilblains and I'm not sure if pally can kill them every time fast enough. That's why I'm curious. Haven't tried as pally tho.
    We have a warrior. He just uses his shout and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    We have a warrior. He just uses his shout and that's enough.
    He solo? Hmm looks like with gear eventually all tanks can do this now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    He solo? Hmm looks like with gear eventually all tanks can do this now.
    No, we had a Disc priest with him. He can't solo that since he only has like 550 in his tank gear. I guess our prot pala probably could though, but we're fine with 2-healing it. (Only need 1 healer at Haromm due to overgearing by now)

No, we had a Disc priest with him. He can't solo that since he only has like 550 in his tank gear. I guess our prot pala probably could though, but we're fine with 2-healing it. (Only need 1 healer at Haromm due to overgearing by now)
    Oh OK. But yea I was curious about the other guy said pally solo. I know dk can easily handle that (in fact oh-shit damage >> 10 ilvl difference here for dk), but he said pally so I was curious about how he handle the adds. Well if tank solo Wavebinder then pretty much only 1 healer is needed here XD

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I'm curious, unless that was trolling, Haromm is the only one in the fight capable of killing people, why would putting more people at him (hence increase the chance someone will mess up - i.e: DoT + toxic line combo, or bad tomb positioning) make the fight easier?
    that's actually the way we got our first kill. you're right, the biggest killer is screwing up foul stream, but if you can get that right the rest is pretty easy.

As a ranged dps, I kinda do think Shamans is the easiest fight. You have to have a decent reaction speed, but as a Fire Mage, that's just second nature anyways. It's two steps to the side every 30sec, I think Shamans is the fight I use Scorch the least on out of all fights, including Protectors and Norushen. But I mean, what I think is hard is maybe easy for someone else and vice versa.
    Actually, now that you mention it, I had exactly this conversation with one of our ranged DPS. For DPS, you're probably right, but for raid organization, tanks and healers, it's definitely harder for us than most of the first six excluding Sha. It's probably pretty boring as DPS, but I get to run around kiting Kardis and killing oozes, so I'm okay with it.

Moving from the tomb as a group is so easy that it shouldn't be seen as something that can fuck your group up unless people are really bad. I recommend you actually try this tactic, because it's incredibly easy.
    Iron tombs are definitely the easiest part of this fight. We make our foul stream target sit still so that he doesn't screw with the tanks or healers (who we have separated from DPS to minimize their movement), so everyone else moves off the target, which means slightly more movement for us but it's still a joke and even if one or two people die at Haromm, it's not going to cause a wipe.