Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    8/10
    Pros
    Pandaria is a wonderful land, polished and full of different landscapes, a lot of secrets worth exploring.
    Very good endgame content, the raids were extremely good, only ToT suffered for a terrible difficulty curve (Horridon was much harder than the following bosses, twin consorts were a laugh) but all in all the experience was great, both thematically and lore-wise.
    Good non-raid, high level options (challenge modes)
    Scenarios
    Wrathion legendary quest.

Cons

An overwhelming amount of daily quests at the beginning of the expansion, for many it was the nail to the coffin
    The questing experience, while good had some serious issues with mood whiplash (we have witnessed a terrible battle which has prevented the reincarnation of one of the 4 gods of this land and awakened a terrible monster which feeds in our doubt? Whatever, let's leave this issue to a dungeon (where we kill the possessed high priestess, btw) and let's go have fun with killing humanoid vegetable-stealing rabbits.)
    Siege of Orgrimmar will last too long.
    Many good ideas from Cataclism have not been improved.

All in all a very good expansion, sadly it comes in a very old game, with people quitting it every day. Not as good as Wrath (a solid 9 for me) but better than Cataclism and TBC for sure.

Imo MoP is a very solid expansion. 8.5

good, i enjoyed it - 6.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Wow...

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Yes i liked the daily quests, i admit there was a few too many at launch and it was quite overwhelming the first month but after that it was a non issue.

I get it people hate daily quests and i am a heretic yadayadayada but no where did i say i wanted to watch the world burn, although the idea is entertaining to say the least.

I would rate Mists as roughly equal to Wrath. As in, not as good as Vanilla or BC. I actually preferred Mists gameplay-wise to Wrath, but the latter one had a story that better fit the game. This was all a bit of a diversion, like a filler episode. If there's a need for numbers I'd rate Mists something like 7.5.

2.5 - pandas and shit? nah bruh

Anything but PvP: 9.5/10.
    PvP: 5/10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Yes i liked the daily quests, i admit there was a few too many at launch and it was quite overwhelming the first month but after that it was a non issue.

I get it people hate daily quests and i am a heretic yadayadayada but no where did i say i wanted to watch the world burn, although the idea is entertaining to say the least.
    Well, you did want a daily hub rather than some actual content.
    So yeah, atleast you want to see WoW subs burn!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Wow...

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    5.3 offered little to no content, aside from a braindead grind in the Barrens. The planned revolution based hub would've worked much better, it would've given us a chance to do a rather cool planned event with Rexxar, and the Alliance would've had the chance to do a lot more and get in the spotlight of 5.3.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Vanilla: ?/10. I only joined up near the end of Vanilla and had no idea what I was doing, so I can't really rate it

BC: ?/10. Same as Vanilla, except I played a bit longer. Going back for the Loremaster achieves, dungeons and raid solos, it just feels really bland (and I'm the kind of person who LOVES going back and soloing old content for fun).

WotLK: 8/10. I loved the zones (Zul'Drak was so atmospheric and spooky and really felt lie I was delving deep into a decaying civilization, Sholazar had a great intro and the misadventures with Hemet were a treat as always, Storm Peaks had perfect flow and a grand storyline that ended with a great 5-man showdown with Loken, and then one of the best raids ever made, Ulduar), the raids were cool and it was neat to see Naxxramas even if it was tuned down. I had a much better grip of what I wanted to do and what I enjoyed about WoW at this stage (I'd rerolled Hunter just before Wrath came out and loved it) and I loved the exotic beasts.

Cata: 0/10. Absolutely terrible. The revamped world was kinda needed, but my god it was horribly executed. After the first month or so, I just gave up. Going back for old raid achieves, Firelands was kinda cool (mainly because of Ragnaros) but Dragon Soul is the worst raid I've ever seen. Trial of the Crusader was my former most hated, but at least it doesn't come with the expectation of an awesome climactic battle that an "Expansion End Boss" should have, and noodle-arms Deathwing did not deliver. The new zones were wasted potential incarnate (lol let's open the gates of Uldum, one of the most mysterious zones loaded with titan lore and cool hidden cities, and then waste it all to say "GET IT? IT'S INDIANA JONES?" every five seconds! GENIUS!). The whole expansion reeks of laziness and incompetence.

Mists: 9/10. The only thing I would really complain about is the rep grinds were a bit tedious (and given you needed them early on for valor gear, it got quite frustrating) and no new dungeons after launch especially with how few it launched with. Other than that, I loved it. The questlines felt so smooth and polished, the Wandering Isle was an amazing starting experience, I loved the raids and the build-up to Siege of Orgrimmar complete with the destruction of the Vale (It really hit home the first time I flew out from Shrine of Seven Stars after the patch hit).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well, you did want a daily hub rather than some actual content.
    So yeah, atleast you want to see WoW subs burn!
    A daily hub is actual content, and the only thing 5.3 lacked, since it did add Heroic Scenarios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    2.5 - pandas and shit? nah bruh
    Such arguments...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    MoP:
    Raiding 9/10 - Best raiding Content ever imo. Flex is a great addition to the Game. Only downsides would be the importance of Tank/Healer DPS in 10man or the general (too big) impact of Raidingcomps for 10man Raids and the fact that SoO was so easy for 25man raids (which will also have huge impact on WoD Raiding as 25man raids start with major advantages into the new Xpac). I liked World Bosses, but i didnt like that they are such braindead Tank & Spank fights. Also there are still not enough rewards for Heroic Raiders (like additional bosses, unique HC gear, unique mounts... all we got the whole addon was Garrosh P4, Garrosh Mount and Raden).
    PvE non-raid 8,5/10 - Timeless Isle, Thunder Isle, Challenge Modes, HC Scenarios were great nonraid-Content. Normal Scenarios, 5man Instances and having to farm Dailies at the start of the Addon were not so good.
    Overall 8/10 - Basically all additions to the game worked out well including Monks... best PvE Xpac yet... what i didn't like was the whole setting with Pandas and all that Asian Crap. Also the storyline was much less epic than in previous Xpacs. With a classic Warcraftsetting it would easily be a 9/10.

When comparing to other Xpacs after they were finished:
    Cata: 6/10 Good raiding, basically nothing to do outside of raids, death of PvP for me
    WotLK: 8/10
    TBC: 9/10
    Vanilla: 10/10 At the time it was released it was the greatest gaming Experience ever...

Deleted
    I haven't played for most of the expansion, but I wandered around the barrens on a trial account and I hate how they didn't bother to phase all the siege of orgrimmar shit. Seeing raptor quest mobs serenely going about their business while 50 yards away some shaman are tearing elementals out of the earth really messes up my vibe.

Deleted
    Enough to end my 8 year WoW-addiction.

Deleted
    Cute fuzzy pandas everywhere - 4/10
    Raid Content - 8/10
    PvP - 2/10
    Adding new races - 5/10
    New class - 0/10
    Overall: 5/10
    There were parts I enjoyed, but parts I thought were retarded. If it wasn't for the people I play with I would've long quit.

Good expansion. Don't like the theme at all. Worse than Wrath. Better than the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience, 8.5/10.

It's been a fun expansion, raiding has been great, awesome content. Outside of raiding, I enjoyed the story/lore they have put forth, timeless isle, etc.

My ratings for other xpacs (my opinions):
    Cata: 4/10 (Leveled 1-85, couldn't find a raid, stopped.)
    WotLK: 9/10 (Raided, was fun.)
    TBC: 9.5/10 (Raided, new content, amazing new world to explore)
    Vanilla: 10/10 (From the get go, funnest times I have had is in Vanilla, whether it'd be nostalgia, just experiencing a whole new world/game was amazing.)
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    A daily hub is actual content, and the only thing 5.3 lacked, since it did add Heroic Scenarios.
    Never said it had a lot of content to begin with.

But dailys are just the laziest, most annoying way to solve this and is just ... bah.
    How much of a masochistic and self hating bastard do you have to be to actually enjoy torturing yourself with dailys?

I wonder.

Was good apart from siege, I don't know what's up with blizzard lately but the last good raid that focused on a "villain" was icecrown and that was mostly because the expansion didn't create or try to reimagine the character of arthas. Dragon Soul, Deathwing, Siege and Garrosh are all super uninteresting to me and put a damper on otherwise decent expansions.

From best to worst:

Burning Crusade > Vanilla > Lich King > Mists of Pandaria > Cataclysm

<insert Warlords of Draenor somewhere above>

This is my personal opinion based on FULL expansion life cycles. Not launch or death.
    Last edited by Axaron; 2014-03-06 at 12:18 PM.