Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Only thing that would bring me back to retail wow are servers with older content. I still don't understand why they think that wasting so much old content is a good thing.

Deleted
    How can Blizz increase the number of the WoW players ?!
    - Free expansions. So everyone could resub ANYTIME they want without having to buy 872235 expansions.

- removing all antisocial elements and solo play, focusing on guild and group content that cant be "queued"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually not really what Blizzard can do to make more people play their game. They make the content THEY want to, not what the players want. It's their game they're creating not yours. So whatever they make, people have to like it and if they don't, well, then it's not for them. If you were making your own game and you had all these amazing ideas and the game was really looking like your dream game, would you change your vision for the game just because people don't like the style of your game? I sure as hell wouldn't. You don't like it? Then move on.

If you're talking more like what can Blizzard do to attract more people to play by doing something like taking the subscription out or something along those lines then I'd say just that. They have many ways of making money on WoW with all those character services like race change, faction change, server transfer, etc. and of course their online store which I'm sure they're making a good profit on. I'm pretty sure they could survive without a subscription fee. Plus I think if they were to get rid of the subscription fee people would feel more inclined to spend money on those services and the online store. I don't know about other people but I know whenever I see an MMO with a subscription fee I look the other way because I really don't like paying a monthly fee just to play the game. I already spent $40-$60 to buy the game so spending any more money after that just to play the game is just not something I would do. WoW is an exception though as I have been playing this game for years. If I were to ever quit WoW it would be the last subscription based game I ever play.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-03-12 at 12:17 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

They need to make the tiers last over a year while at the same time making us pay for more money for expansions. Hmm, maybe making the game even more P2W by adding more and more services and items reserved for those who feel like a subscription free just isn't enough to make you a premium user.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't. People are going to keep leaving so matter what, til its gets below 1 mill subs and then they will most likely go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I'm curious about what kind of player retention they have among the players who refuse to pay in at all - those players are important to keep those willing to pay, sticking around.
    Wins the thread.

Lots of good ideas in this thread.

Personal opinion: WoW will gain players if Blizzard significantly lowers the sub or drops it altogether. The latter will certainly increase players and will be the death of private servers.

Blizzard will have to consider several things including:

1. Impact on customer service (so many tickets will be generated)
    2. Impact on game servers (people will also create spam/alt accounts)
    3. Impact on other blizzard games (people will move from Diablo to WoW and vice versa for example)

True Free to Play.
    Shop only sells mount and pet !

No crap things like instant level 90 and instant profession.