Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    No they shouldn't, they look ridiculous and are too big to fit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Compared to other expansions, this was fairly dark. TBC didn't really have a coherent storyline throughout. WotLK felt darker for sure. But cata was missing all sorts of darkness. Uldum was just a big Indiana Jones movie, and besides Mt. Hyjal, the rest just felt like "I'm evil because I"m evil"...which isn't very immersive.
    I agree about TBC's storyline being kinda wonky and lorelol, but it had one of the darkest bosses in the entire game: RoS. Just LOOK at that thing and the way it moves when the ribcage encloses it and it violently thrashes around. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

Ok so it gets better then, fine.

Please, don't drag ogres into the MoP hate. Ogres can be weighed on their own merits and be very appealing without the need to set them as a much needed opposite to the care-a-lot expansion.

Deleted
    So what exactly is so cutesy about the level 85-87 content?

MoP does get progressively darker. In the now-nuked Valley of Eternal Blossoms, you had Mogu tearing the souls out of Pandaren, of which the bodies were stacked up high. That seemed pretty sick to me xD. They do the same thing on Thunder Isle, and you find a ton of people sacrificed near altars. The worst of it must be in the final raid, Siege of Orgrimmar. Corpses of people tied to poles and used as target practice for fun. Captives forced to fight you in chains because the orcs have their children. People being tortured to death. The warlocks in Orgrimmar's Cleft of Shadow left hanging to burn over fires. There's even a few funerals in the game.

The "cuddly" nature of MoP is less than skin-deep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cringe when I see people writing of this sort.. "oh, it's not dark enough" or.. "it's a childrens game"..

Look at some of the quests and happening.. pretty sure you are far from it.

Lets make a list..

.. Alrighty, starting.

• Depression so bad, they rather wish to be picked to death by birds.
    • Death upon giving birth.
    • Child dies due to the mogu.
    • Near death, many of them.
    • Mass slaughter against innocent /unarmed.
    • Freezing to death.
    • A lady so mad by loneliness, she turns people into jade just so she can have a family with her dead husbond (who's also turned jade after death).
    • Falling sheep going splat on the ground with blood.
    • Assassinations.
    • Suicide and self-sacrefice.
    • Sorrow driving people mad enough to attack friends and others alike.
    • Corruption spreading like waves.
    • Slavery.
    • Child labor.
    • Mass slaughter of animals.
    • .....and on, and on, and on..

Really should make a topic once you feel more to have explored the content that is within this. First expressions are one thing, and rather useless until you have seen it all. Of course, if you do not like the first view, then that is a selective choice of ones own. Just hard to see much in a post that seems to not be fully fulfilled.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yeah, so ogres should be the next race. Come on...fucking Ogres!

Also, after playing to level 87 in Mists of Pansies, I am not liking the tone. Too cutesy, its harshing my mellow. I feel as a warrior that I should be a bad mofo in a bad place, not running through a field and shooting rainbows out me arse. Does the vibe get any darker at all? Man. Does this get any better later on? I feel this expansion has been designed and taken over by a 12 year old girl.

I have just started playing MOP after un-subbing just before MOP came out, after 8 years straight of raiding. I quit because I thought MOp would suck and so far, well its not looking good for me. I have not got to end game yet so maybe that will be the saving grace. I really hope the tone darkens though, I can feel myself switching teams and getting all feminine and shit, thats right...I am afraid I might turn Alliance.

You know, part of it is I have never liked Monkeys, I just don't trust them and MOP has too many damn monkeys. Those little bastards spread diseases, throw feces and are known lying bastards. Never liked them or trusted them at all.

So in short:

I want to be an ogre and this game needs a little ( alot) more darkness.

Edit** and I hate monkeys
    Darkness=evil=raid.

light=good= horde/alliance players

Deleted

Also, after playing to level 87 in Mists of Pansies, I am not liking the tone. Too cutesy, its harshing my mellow. I feel as a warrior that I should be a bad mofo in a bad place, not running through a field and shooting rainbows out me arse. Does the vibe get any darker at all? Man. Does this get any better later on? I feel this expansion has been designed and taken over by a 12 year old girl.

I have just started playing MOP after un-subbing just before MOP came out, after 8 years straight of raiding. I quit because I thought MOp would suck and so far, well its not looking good for me. I have not got to end game yet so maybe that will be the saving grace. I really hope the tone darkens though, I can feel myself switching teams and getting all feminine and shit, thats right...I am afraid I might turn Alliance.

You know, part of it is I have never liked Monkeys, I just don't trust them and MOP has too many damn monkeys. Those little bastards spread diseases, throw feces and are known lying bastards. Never liked them or trusted them at all.

So in short:

I want to be an ogre and this game needs a little ( alot) more darkness.

If they added Ogres I'm 100% sure this post would of been:

"QQ y turn game into Shrek????"

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had made Pandaren alliance race and Ogres as horde race.....also we cud have had Rexxar and Chen trying to maintain peace or something....atleast it would bring Rexxar back

1/10
    Didn't rage and/or laugh
    1 point for ogres, we need playable ogres!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Shadowmoon-Mage-401021964

So I would love Ogres playable so much since WoW was made, and I would play one.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can feel myself switching teams and getting all feminine and shit, thats right...I am afraid I might turn Alliance.
    But yet complain that you
    feel this expansion has been designed and taken over by a 12 year old girl.
    Wait, what? Is this a "if you can't beat them, join them" kind of thing?

Trust me, if it was taken over by a 12 year old girl it would probably look like a Lisa Frank nightmare. The stickers and glitter and rainbow throw up would NEVER come off. (Google image mistake.. going on a nostalgic color trip, see ya later...)

Edit: Must... share... here... just take it...

Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-03-08 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should've been Ogres for Horde and Pandaren for Alliance.

Too late now. This was the (second) perfect chance to add Ogres and now that chance is gone, so Ogres will NOT ever be a part of the Horde. It's sad, really.

Um... What?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    It should've been Ogres for Horde and Pandaren for Alliance.
    Pandaren are truly neutral, so they have no place on only one side. Also, how would cramming Ogres into Mists of Pandaria have been a good idea? Alliance gets all the racial lore while Horde gets a race that had no place in Mists.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    I wish they had made Pandaren alliance race and Ogres as horde race.....also we cud have had Rexxar and Chen trying to maintain peace or something....atleast it would bring Rexxar back
    That would've been awesome.

0/10, unoriginal. You just don't want to accept that Pandaren are not childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Pandaren are truly neutral, so they have no place on only one side. Also, how would cramming Ogres into Mists of Pandaria have been a good idea? Alliance gets all the racial lore while Horde gets a race that had no place in Mists.
    They could've had a lore reason that they chose a side, if Blizzard wanted it that way. Maybe they didn't care for Garrosh's way. Some action he took could've effected them in a negative way and they said the hell with that guy, let's make things right. Pick a reason.
    Blizzard could've made it work out with different lore choices. It wouldn't have been "Cramming" them into the expansion.

It's my opinion that Pandaren don't fit the Horde at all. I know others disagree. I think a neutral race was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    No they shouldn't, they look ridiculous and are too big to fit the game.
    I am SOOOO sick of reading this from people. It's as if they've never ever seen the smaller Ogres in the game.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2014-03-09 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    The quests and story of MOP is dark enough tbh, bad stuff happens etc... but the visuels ( scenary etc) dosnt refect that very much.

Is OP high?

I want to be an ogre
    How about no