Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    They'll just have to make a few hour and a half episodes then.
    Actually there was a Tweet from one of the writers saying "10 big, big episodes"

Not a bad thing, means less filler.

God knows TWD has plenty.

10+ Year Old Account

season 2 is soon. the hype train begins!
    Hi

Excited for season 2, this show has a good shot at being better than breaking bad thanks to the lack of a really terrible character (Jesse).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Bob Odenkirk is amazing,- nuff said!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Excited for season 2, this show has a good shot at being better than breaking bad thanks to the lack of a really terrible character (Jesse).
    And Skylar... Jesus fuck, what a wench!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You guys know Season 2 started right? I got an email yesterday and evidently they aired season 2 episode 1 on Monday. I guess every Monday AMC is doing it.

Either you guys suck or AMC sucks because I didn't know about this. You gotta tell your pal Blueobelisk about these things.

Non-spoilers about episode 1: It was pretty good. I mean, to be honest I don't remember season 1 THAT well so some enrichment was lost, but it wasn't that dependent on season 1. You'll kind of remember what you need to know. But goddamn, there's just scenes where people talk and there's no background music and you just get enthralled and can't look away. The scenes are so captivating. I don't know how the season as a whole will work but this episode was interesting.

Deleted
    There is now a Talking Saul as well.

http://www.amc.com/shows/talking-saul
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better...l#Talking_Saul

But man that Rhea Seehorn... At 43, she's 7 years older than me, thought she'd be much closer to my age. So fine, so very fine.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-02-20 at 02:55 PM.

Solid episode. I love Mike.

The drug deals are my favorite. The scams are kind of interesting when they begin but they get slow as they drag on. Character interactions are also on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Firefly says hello.

Not a comparable example. Firefly was NOT loved when it was on air. It's airing time was moved around and episodes were shown out of order and the few people who actually watched it back then failed to catch the show or gave up on it pretty soon. It didnt' develop a cult following until after it was off the air.

this show is better than breaking bad at this point
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

God this show is hilarious.

When Saul was letting the loser confess that he hired a PI and magically got his cards back I was freaking out like "wtf are you just sitting there for, don't let him admit that!" waiting for him to stop zoning out.

So Saul is not only a good criminal lawyer (he just did his first shady thing), but he also found a breakthrough in the Sandpiper case with the big "read between the lines" loophole law stuff. Not to mention people like him.

Lol that the law guy said he played guitar to let off steam. Really reflects on what Chuck was doing in the beginning.

Chuck's bedside clock showing 3:44 is a reference to "You have covered yourself with a cloud so that no prayer can get through" in the Bible, Lamentations 3:44

Taken from Reddit.

Gotta love Vince's little references.

Chucks a bastard and you can see it in every scene. Fuck Chuck!!!

Ken, the guy that Jimmy tricked over dinner is the same guy that had his car blown up by Walt.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week's episode foreshadowed the dark days ahead pretty well. If Jimmy/Saul had simply been a strip mall lawyer all along that would be one thing, but this series is showing us what he could have been and what he could have had... and that makes him far more tragic a character than most of us first thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this show is better than breaking bad at this point
    bit too early to say that in the shows run, but it's definitely on track to being a solid equal.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    This week's episode foreshadowed the dark days ahead pretty well. If Jimmy/Saul had simply been a strip mall lawyer all along that would be one thing, but this series is showing us what he could have been and what he could have had... and that makes him far more tragic a character than most of us first thought.
    Maybe he chooses to give it up? Cushy lawyer job doesn't seem to be his cup of tea, and he is more enthusiastic about "bending the law" than his 'gf' is. I'm thinking he maybe sees more creative freedom in private practice and morally flexible stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    bit too early to say that in the shows run, but it's definitely on track to being a solid equal.
    I think he's saying at this point in Breaking Bad (s2, episode 2), this show is better than BB was.

I think it's at least on par. Breaking Bad was pretty good, pretty early.