i think this thread is one of many that shows how much wow players want flying:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269667484

Deleted
    So far, I like it, but I'm still leveling, so it'll be interesting to see how it feels at level 100. I would love to get there one day IF I COULD ONLY LOG ONTO THE DAMN SERVER AND GET IN THE GAME!

So many people are crying over this. I think it's wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by WasherDryer View Post
    i think this thread is one of many that shows how much wow players want flying:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269667484
    wow link says its a deleted topic what was it??? and i hope people continue to blast them for no flying... I know i will and did at blizzcon
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    wow link says its a deleted topic what was it??? and i hope people continue to blast them for no flying... I know i will and did at blizzcon
    It was a 27 pages long thread with people complaining about no flying , and every whiteknight defending Blizzard decision being downvoted , something like -100 .
    Ofc Blizz have deleted the topic. Let's hide de garbage under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    It was a 27 pages long thread with people complaining about no flying , and every whiteknight defending Blizzard decision being downvoted , something like -100 .
    Ofc Blizz have deleted the topic. Let's hide de garbage under the carpet.
    Speaking truth is not white knighting. Ground mounting is superior.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    This is your opinion.
    But acording to other people (I know , for you is unbelivable,other peoples have opinions too. omg! and are different then yours! this can't be because 100% you are right and they are wrong,no? ) the flying mounting was better.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    This is your opinion.
    But acording to other people (I know , for you is unbelivable,other peoples have opinions too. omg! and are different then yours! this can't be because 100% you are right and they are wrong,no? ) the flying mounting was better.
    Better for the game=/=opinion. Convenience has a trend for degrading quality.

Deleted
    Brandon, it's not better for the game. Not even remotely close. Stop lying like that. I'm at 100 and it's already annoying me to no end. It's basically Pandaria with no flying. There isn't a single damn upside to it. It adds nothing at this point and doesn't make the game better in any kind of way. All the things people feared would happen, i.e having to rely on flight masters and then AFKing while doing so did happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    If the only defense for non-flying is WPVPers, they need to just shave their neckbeards and move on.
    Yay, finally I get to fight the Alliance on my server, all three of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Taken from a necro'd flight thread, didnt wanna sustain the necro, but...

To underlined, anyone else notice this? Seems like ANY mob that touches me when I'm riding around, regardless of how much I out level it, will daze me.

And mobs seem to have a way longer chain. Also always seems to be an extra mob appearing just as you are killing your current mob.
    Hah, I just knew they'd bump the daze chance up to 100% and make sure mobs have a bigger chance of aggroing others...those were among of the many things I cynically expected to be added. Can you still gather nodes etc. while in combat? Or use the Salyin battle banner? Do the mobs all have a bunch of CC mechanics that don't have diminishing returns? (those were some of the others)

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    All the things people feared would happen, i.e having to rely on flight masters and then AFKing while doing so did happen.
    Is the bug where you don't actually travel any distance while tabbed out still around? I bet it is...
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2014-11-15 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    . All the things people feared would happen, i.e having to rely on flight masters and then AFKing while doing so did happen.
    Those were already happening. There is no upside to flight outside of it's convenience, and multiple downsides.

It's just a better and more rich game without flying over it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Better for the game=/=opinion. Convenience has a trend for degrading quality.
    It is only better for the game if the majority end up enjoying it (which we do not know either way yet). The purpose of a game is fun, so if it turns out more than half of the players think it's not fun, then it's not "better."

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    It is only better for the game if the majority end up enjoying it (which we do not know either way yet). The purpose of a game is fun, so if it turns out more than half of the players think it's not fun, then it's not "better."
    I have yet to see one person speak that they want flying back in game. That's not bias or picking and choosing, it's just what I've seen since about ~4 months ago-now.

I have yet to see one person speak that they want flying back in game. That's not bias or picking and choosing, it's just what I've seen since about ~4 months ago-now.
    And most of the people I've talked to want it back. There are plenty of posts, on many forums, from people who want it back. So time will tell who is truly the majority.

It is just a result of poor sampling.

"Alf Landon beats FDR in a landslide" is a nice bit of history that explains it.

People tend to travel/associate/and even work with like-minded people... it is kind of the basis behind social and political groups. So it is not a huge surprise when people within your community tend to think like you do.

This really is a "wait and see" situation... or else Bliz would have just said yes or no from the very beginning (a year ago).

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    It was annoying, but I could tolerate it while leveling, but now I am max level, and I'm just traveling from "random shanty hut c7" to "quest I didn't do leveling L-49", and every level 95 flower or ooze that breaths on me dazes me to the point of zombie speed, every single time, it just gets to the point of "Oh ffs lol, really?"

You're right, I never knew the 'fun' I was missing.
    Daze mechanics were increased with NPCs as well as CC chains (eg sleep) while players lost a lot of CCs heading into WoD from MoP. It also make the "garrison perk" of anti daze mechanic more "better" to have. But that doesn't leave much player choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Opinion is not truth brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Daze mechanics were increased with NPCs as well as CC chains (eg sleep) while players lost a lot of CCs heading into WoD from MoP. It also make the "garrison perk" of anti daze mechanic more "better" to have. But that doesn't leave much player choice.

The funny thing that I see coming with that (and this is pure speculation) is that the people most likely to use the anti-daze option is probably more the min-max type who worry about anything cutting into their instance time (where they will spend the majority of time).

The people who probably wont bother are the ones more concerned with non-instance play (pet battles, archaeology, general crafting and such) because they are not usually in such a hurry. The kind of people that are usually actually out in the world for most of their play time.

So the people that would benefit most probably won't have it and the ones affected least probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    It is just a result of poor sampling.

"Alf Landon beats FDR in a landslide" is a nice bit of history that explains it.

People tend to travel/associate/and even work with like-minded people... it is kind of the basis behind social and political groups. So it is not a huge surprise when people within your community tend to think like you do.

This really is a "wait and see" situation... or else Bliz would have just said yes or no from the very beginning (a year ago).
    So trade and general chat of new WoD zones are poor sampling? People actually playing the game.

Really, if you aren't being impatient and irritable, there would be no reason to dislike no flying outside of liking the act of flight itself. Think about it, if you don't worry about losing small amounts of time, and don't let trivial things like running around a hill or being dazed by a mob that YOU ran through bother you, there is nothing wrong with no flight. Outside of liking the actual act of flying. Wherever you are in the game and whatever you're doing, just enjoy it. Only reason you'd suffer is by thinking too much.

Idk if I want flight gone for the whole expack or not, as it would be cool to see Draenor from a new perspective EVENTUALLY. But I hope it's gone long enough to fully enjoy the whole continent. Which lasts WAY past hitting 100..
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-11-15 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying it so far without flying, the only thing is I never realised how much I get myself stuck till now..