Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Give back flying as it was - no one will complain
    You know that's false.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You know that's false.
    Nope it is not
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Give back flying as it was - no one will complain
    No flyers will continue to complain.

There is no solution that won't result in QQ. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

So the amount of complainers will return to the minuscule levels
    Not to mention that no complaints can be made about flying. What would be the complaint? I can fly?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be scary to see whole player-base (100%) to agree on something.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Cool, so now as all these people re-appreciate their forgotten ability to travel on the ground, what would be the objection if Blizz said..

"We see the flight issue has divided the community, so we plan to reward it to dedicated players who truly want to achieve it. Flight in Draenor will unlock in 6.1 for those players that have found all the treasures, completed all the story missions, have a level 3 Garrison, have the explorer achievement and pay a license fee.
    Those players that like riding their ground mounts are free to continue doing so, and the truly dedicated that want personal flying can achieve it if they want."
    I wouldn't mind, as long as flight would stay patch or two old content (enable with patch 6.1/6.2 in 6.0 areas).

Even when flight is available I find myself using FPs because they give me the opportunity to do something else w/o the rist of the flyer going somewhere I don't want it to go.
    I used plenty of flight paths during Mists of Pandaria, even tho some of them were horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    When they reduce travel time, and stretch out content, the delivery process is not really sped up. You just think it has since it took twice as long to complete the last set of content.
    Now only if we'd have the content which needs to be done. They can't stretch something which doesn't exist.

It would have been easy and simple job to please me, they would have just needed to add several dailies for each Draenor faction. Mindlessly grinding mobs for reputation isn't what I'm going to call interesting, engaging, content. And I'm sure that those factions would be pleased to get somebody to help them. Just imagine, you go to Skettis and kill thousand Arakkoa ~ how does the faction even know how many did you kill, or even how do they know that you killed them in the first place? Do you just bag them and carry thousand heads with you to faction quartermaster and claim your rewards?

Also, father was watching Game of Thrones from TV, and now I can understand why you used to post under that name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I just think Superman is sad that he can't fly, given that it's one of his signature super powers.

But hey, everyone's been wanting to see Batman and Superman fight, so let's do it!
    (Since I know this is meant in good fun, and is only a side chatter, I will respond with something off topic) I will get my flight back at somepoint. And when I do, you will still be a rich guy that hangs in a dark cave with a younger guy. Just sayin

Deleted
    I just think Superman is sad that he can't fly, given that it's one of his signature super powers.

But hey, everyone's been wanting to see Batman and Superman fight, so let's do it!
    Didn't Batman even win in that comic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Didn't Batman even win in that comic?
    It's impossible. one is Super man who can do everything, and the other is a rich guy in a latex Halloween costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    "I'm going to be super effective and get alot done thats why i start playing mmo's" said noone ever in the history of man kind. MMO's are time sinks by nature that you can spend hours and hours on end in.
    But life still goes on while you're inside the game and i do really hope you have enough going on in your life that you cant just sit an entire day. Breaking up your gameplay is healthy for both you mind and body even if its just a few minutes here and there.

If you want effetive game time mmo's is not the genre you're looking for.
    Cool, so you would have no problem then if Blizz said...

"We see the flight issue has divided the community, so we plan to reward it to dedicated players who truly want to achieve it. Flight in Draenor will unlock in 6.1 for those players that have found all the treasures, completed all the story missions, have a level 3 Garrison, have the explorer achievement and pay a license fee.
    Those players that like riding their ground mounts are free to continue doing so, and the truly dedicated that want personal flying can achieve it if they want."

If I have limited time to play, then any means I use in getting to the stuff I want to do quickly and efficiently is very valued, and anything that helps me accomplish goals I set for myself during that play session I utilize.

If, after 8 years, my means of achieving those goals during my limited play time are nerfed, then I am well within my right to express my discontent towards those changes.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

15+ Year Old Account
    It's impossible. one is Super man who can do everything, and the other is a rich guy in a latex Halloween costume.
    Kryptonite in the utility belt!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

This is true.

Before the whole decision to remove it in current play, you (for the most part) only had one small subset of people weeping about flying, which was inevitable because the same subset have basically been weeping over any number of "xxxx killed WPvP" issues for nearly 10 years.

The reasons varied... from dungeon queues, to flight, to PvE gear, to population imbalance, to the greasy taste of fried chicken (I don't know, whatever) but the weeping pretty much never stopped. And if flight returns, the weeping will begin again with a vengeance, because it will be a handy scapegoat (despite a multitude of other reasons). Even if flying stays gone... the weeping will return on many of these counts because it is just part of the WPvP sub-culture now.

Obviously the pro-fliers are weeping and raging now, so keeping it gone won't help that either. And it does not appear to be going away (it's too early to tell at his point, but it does not appear to be).

The biggest error on Bliz's part (in my opinion) is that they have actually succeeded in taking a fairly polarized (and often hostile) playerbase and driving an even BIGGER wedge of anger and tears between them. This is pretty much a no-win situation that they (stupidly) created for themselves because now even MORE people will be angry no matter which route they decide on.

Years ago, Bliz made some changes to the game because they (paraphrasing) "wanted you to be mad at the game rather than other players". The flight thing is awesome because it actually manages to do both at the same time.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2014-11-27 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kryptonite in the utility belt!
    So? as long as it's in the utility belt it only affects Batman's erectile function. Batman will be dead the moment the fight starts.

"Hey guys, less content to do with no flying and we still can sell all the flying mounts in the shop!"
    "Hurray!"
    If what I've heard is accurate, you all handed in your flying mounts, and a couple of raid tiers and dungeons for some stupid jumping puzzles and fucking garrisons which could technically be upkept on mobile device.

nice trade off.

"we are planning a new expansion every year..."

really? then you better hurry up and announce what the next expansion is about...you have a lil over 11 months to keep that date!
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-11-27 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    If what I've heard is accurate, you all handed in your flying mounts, and a couple of raid tiers and dungeons for some stupid jumping puzzles and fucking garrisons which could technically be upkept on mobile device.

nice trade off.

"we are planning a new expansion every year..."

really? then you better hurry up and announce what the next expansion is about...you have a lil over 11 months to keep that date!

The funny thing that most don't realize is that, by getting an expansion per year, you will actually be getting charged more money for less content (in the long run).

They are not going to double the amount of dungeons or raids by doubling the rate of expansions. In fact, as you mentioned, they have already said there will probably be less raid tiers in this expansion.

They have already stated that Garrisons will not carry over to the next expansion... and that they think Archaeology should not have been in MoP (so I imagine it is next for the axe). They are beginning to ponder trimming features like they are class abilities.

Their plan for countering sub-losses (at this point) seems to be removing features while doubling expansion rates (without doubling actual total content)... so it ends up as an effective price hike that most people won't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    The funny thing that most don't realize is that, by getting an expansion per year, you will actually be getting charged more money for less content (in the long run).

They are not going to double the amount of dungeons or raids by doubling the rate of expansions. In fact, as you mentioned, they have already said there will probably be less raid tiers in this expansion.

They have already stated that Garrisons will not carry over to the next expansion... and that they think Archaeology should not have been in MoP (so I imagine it is next for the axe). They are beginning to ponder trimming features like they are class abilities.

Their plan for countering sub-losses (at this point) seems to be removing features while doubling expansion rates (without doubling actual total content)... so it ends up as an effective price hike that most people won't notice.
    Drip feed the addicts with a more and more diluted product. Seems almost evil when put like that...
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Oh yeah that's the brilliant part. And now the going rate per expansion is 10 bucks higher now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It would have been easy and simple job to please me, they would have just needed to add several dailies for each Draenor faction. Mindlessly grinding mobs for reputation isn't what I'm going to call interesting, engaging, content. And I'm sure that those factions would be pleased to get somebody to help them. Just imagine, you go to Skettis and kill thousand Arakkoa ~ how does the faction even know how many did you kill, or even how do they know that you killed them in the first place? Do you just bag them and carry thousand heads with you to faction quartermaster and claim your rewards?

Also, father was watching Game of Thrones from TV, and now I can understand why you used to post under that name.
    I am most like Tyrion Lannister (in attitude). I'm hoping they find a way to incorporate flight since my fey dragon and iron skyreaver strike an uncanny resemblance to the ones at the flight paths. On the topic of flight though, I took a FP to Nagrand and it glitched, so I was actually flying (swimming) the whole way. Superman flew!

They've been saying their plan is to have an expansion per year since BC and it hasn't happened yet so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

They have already stated that Garrisons will not carry over to the next expansion...
    Seems like a lot of work for something they only intend to last a year. Disappointing too since I generally like the garrison, it just needs a few tweaks.

and that they think Archaeology should not have been in MoP (so I imagine it is next for the axe). They are beginning to ponder trimming features like they are class abilities.
    Archaeology's never been particularly fun, especially without flying. I have zero intention of doing archaeology in WoD because of that. I really hope they don't remove it altogether though since there are still a lot of the vanity items I never got having quit only a couple months into Cata.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They've been saying their plan is to have an expansion per year since BC and it hasn't happened yet so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

True enough.

One thing that would help to push them over the edge and actually make that goal is to cut features though, so maybe that is the plan. It is hard to say.

Seems like a lot of work for something they only intend to last a year. Disappointing too since I generally like the garrison, it just needs a few tweaks.

It was in a recent interview (the same one that mentioned Archaeology I think). They could always just do a new version of the Garrisons for each new expansion I guess, so that is a possibility. But it does appear that this one will be a non-issue after the next expansion hits.

I don't think it is good game design to toss aside things that players take that much time to develop. It seems to me like it would eventually make players very jaded towards ANY long-term goals. I realize that gear gets replaced too, but the time invested is usually not nearly as long... and the game always has "catch-up" mechanics in place for gear in case you are out for a while, while garrisons will probably not have those.

Archaeology's never been particularly fun, especially without flying. I have zero intention of doing archaeology in WoD because of that. I really hope they don't remove it altogether though since there are still a lot of the vanity items I never got having quit only a couple months into Cata.

I actually enjoyed Archaeology, but yeah, without flight it would never happen for me. They are pretty unlikely to remove anything that is already in-game for Archaeology though, so you should be safe if you ever want to get around to it.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2014-11-27 at 10:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am most like Tyrion Lannister (in attitude). I'm hoping they find a way to incorporate flight since my fey dragon and iron skyreaver strike an uncanny resemblance to the ones at the flight paths. On the topic of flight though, I took a FP to Nagrand and it glitched, so I was actually flying (swimming) the whole way. Superman flew!
    Possible confirmation of flying and half life 3!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"