Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    From what posts?
    From the one where I say that I'm level 100? (and thus seen it all with no need to imagine anything)
    Or from the one where I say that my subscription runs out in December (meaning I'm still subbed and trying to play ignoring the pain)
    The pain of not being able to fly. Give it a break with your over the top melodrama. Please, please answer this question: what do you want to do in game that requires a flying mount so badly?? At no point in your garbled, rambling posts have mentioned when you actually do in the game.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Are you sure you are using both announced numbers of the Warlords of Draenor sales? The rise of subscribers that we have heard off, was -WAY- after you could pre-order, the pre-orders should be in your list of 7m that apparently to you, isn't.
    Total WoD sales include pre-orders, naturally. It's pretty logical for subs to increase at expansion launch. This increase includes all (majority, obviously) the people who pre-ordered. You didn't expect them to be subbed to pre-order did you? I was one of those 3m new subs. I quit MoP half a year ago as there was nothing to do.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    [snip]
    I'm saying you're coming across as being too lazy to move around. And since you obviously don't give a dime about the world, you're not the one to talk about immersion. Your post is silly. And telling me to educate myself about logic? Stop crying like a baby, then we'll talk. You're still flying around from flight master to flight master, aren't you? Don't give me that crap about showing you anything. You want to fly around because you want to drop onto your quest mob or quest area straight from the sky, not ride to it. This is silly arguments that you're grasping to find a reasonable reason to get flying again.

I call bullshit all around.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    The pain of not being able to fly. Give it a break with your over the top melodrama. Please, please answer this question: what do you want to do in game that requires a flying mount so badly?? At no point in your garbled, rambling posts have mentioned when you actually do in the game.
    Everything beyond Garrison's walls
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Those are silly arguments.
    Of course it's silly, his opinion doesn't match yours so it's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to tell you this but there is nothing outside the garrison walls worth doing after level 100 besides apexis crystal dailies regardless if you like ground mounts or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Of course it's silly, his opinion doesn't match yours so it's silly.
    Yes, at some point nothing remains to be said other than "You're being silly."

Telling me immersion is subjective? Ask anyone, ANYONE about the world and they'll tell you for some fucked up reason they're enjoying it more. If 99 out of 100 people told you that actually riding around IN the world rather than zooming above it helps them immerse themselves in the world, you guys will point out the one and say "But he said his immersion is broken because he can't drag a 10m wingspan gryphon out of his back pocket and pop away on it!"

Yeah, fuck that argument. Y'all are posting funny shit, but at some point you should give it a fucking rest and deal with how things are. Enjoy the game for what it is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

There are reputation grinds as shitty as anything from vanilla. Its takes weeks just to craft a single armor piece that is on par with heroic dungeons. What the hell is it about flying that people think will make the game so much more easy and efficient to get shit done?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to tell you this but there is nothing outside the garrison walls worth doing after level 100 besides apexis crystal dailies regardless if you like ground mounts or not.
    I like to explore (kill all rares, do some achievements, that sorta stuff - in between raiding), which I obviously didn't do while leveling
    Now I find it hard to get enough ilvl, as AU prices are too high, and I can't farm rares to get some items, and farming normal dungeons as a dps is totally sucksassful.

P.S. raiding alone is not worth the sub.

Just as I suspected, you wouldn't give a straight answer. And I know this because once we know, all of your arguments (haha, good one) will be moot.

Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    There are reputation grinds as shitty as anything from vanilla. Its takes weeks just to craft a single armor piece that is on par with heroic dungeons. What the hell is it about flying that people think will make the game so much more easy and efficient to get shit done?
    They don't want an MMORPG. They want an MMO arcade raid masher. See, you enter the lobby, press "raid" and off you go, mashing random buttons until epics blink up on your screen and after the last boss they're returned to the lobby and can safely log off, having achieved... zip.

Oh yes, the lobby is of course the garrison these days. Oh how great would it be for them if they never saw another zone from ground level except the garrison and perhaps 6 quest zones. Anything in between... fuck that, background decoration for your flight route.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, at some point nothing remains to be said other than "You're being silly."

Telling me immersion is subjective? Ask anyone, ANYONE about the world and they'll tell you for some fucked up reason they're enjoying it more. If 99 out of 100 people told you that actually riding around IN the world rather than zooming above it helps them immerse themselves in the world, you guys will point out the one and say "But he said his immersion is broken because he can't drag a 10m wingspan gryphon out of his back pocket and pop away on it!"

Yeah, fuck that argument. Y'all are posting funny shit, but at some point you should give it a fucking rest and deal with how things are. Enjoy the game for what it is.
    When I don't want to have an intelectual discussion I get dismissive. You sir are being silly. There is no immersion if I am on a flight point to an apexis daily and posting on mmo champion. There is no immersion if I am playing world of queue-craft while never leaving my garrison. After level 100 there is no reason to go outside my garrison unless I am on a flight point to apexis daily.

So stop being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well I'm not going to abandon a game and a character that I dearly love and that both have been part of the last 8 years of my daily life over a convenient method of fast travel. Oo

If you quit b/c of the no fly thing I'd wager that you were on your way out anyways.
    Right, it's the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were obviously other issues at hand. Like I've said a ton of times, no one spends that much time flying except herb/mining farmers and frankly you shouldn't be doing that anymore. You've got your garrison to generate that shit for you. So what exactly are you losing? The one thing you lose is your ability to see the landscape from the air. Travel times really are such a small amount of the in game time (for most people; I guess you can imagine someone flying all over to do things and a lot of their time is travel, but that's not common I imagine), that even if it increases a bit, it just won't have a big impact.

I think the root here is just some perceived slight that people are encountering. They have some emotional attachment to flying, and there's nothing wrong with that. But a lot of people have emotional attachments to a lot of things that just don't matter. I suppose if they took out raiding I would be upset too, since that's what's important to me. The bottom line is you can't expect Blizzard to keep everything the same forever, even though some subset of the population may be upset. You can't keep everyone happy all the time, so if they want to make changes they will be better for the long term health of the game, that's good.

I like to explore
    No you don't. You might think flying around, high over the mountains is exploring but it's not.

After you start raiding killing rares for gear will be pointless.
    Which achievements can't you do without a flying mount?

You do talk some nonsense.

After level 100 there is no reason to go outside my garrison unless I am on a flight point to apexis daily.
    Well there is archaeology if you're into that. Collecting pets. Also I've had garrison quests send me out into the world. (see Stables)

Actually it quite is exploring, I get to see it from a rather expansive perspective at that.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

When I don't want to have an intelectual discussion I get dismissive. You sir are being silly. There is no immersion if I am on a flight point to an apexis daily and posting on mmo champion. There is no immersion if I am playing world of queue-craft while never leaving my garrison. After level 100 there is no reason to go outside my garrison unless I am on a flight point to apexis daily.

So stop being silly.
    Here's some reasons to be outside your garrison:

1. Rares
    2. World bosses
    3. Ashran
    4. Treasures
    5. Quests
    6. Farming herbs/mining nodes (not sure why you would, but it's there)
    7. Proving Grounds
    8. Challenge Modes
    9. Raids
    10. Farming timber

That's 10 reasons just off the top of my head. Sure some of them are just traveling to another instance, but you are the one being silly if you think apexis crystal daily is the only reason to leave your garrison. It's simply not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Here's some reasons to be outside your garrison:

1. Rares
    2. World bosses
    3. Ashran
    4. Treasures
    5. Quests
    6. Farming herbs/mining nodes (not sure why you would, but it's there)
    7. Proving Grounds
    8. Challenge Modes
    9. Raids
    10. Farming timber

That's 10 reasons just off the top of my head. Sure some of them are just traveling to another instance, but you are the one being silly if you think apexis crystal daily is the only reason to leave your garrison. It's simply not true.
    and all 10 would be greatly enhanced by flight.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Actually it quite is exploring, I get to see it from a rather expansive perspective at that.
    When you take a commercial flight from say anywhere to anywhere and you look out of the window, do you class yourself as an explorer?
    Last edited by Navitas; 2014-11-28 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    I'm sure you appreciate every nuisance battle you have to take part in...
    I'm sure you appreciate wiping on every progression battle you have to take part in...

same concept - different scenario

stop bitching, its 5 seconds off your mount.

OR OR OR
    you can take

a flight path!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    and all 10 would be greatly sped up by flight.
    Fix it for you.