Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I have 2 Engineers making materials, an Alchemist who xmutes 10 bars into a Trillium and then 6 trillium into Living Steel, a JC who prospects, and cuts to fill the GBank, and a BSmith who makes and gives away greens to level 85-89 characters at random.

I have my own purpose in this game. It is not raiding, nor BGs, nor arenas. The only dailies I do are now pet battles and Panda rep (anglers). The part of the game I find fun, professions, becomes hard work when I now have to TRIPLE the amount of time I spend playing just to accomplish the same ends. So, when 6.1 arrives, if flight is NOT instated, I'm out.
    So if you want to do such things...why is putting forth time and effort such an issue? Do you only help random 85-89 characters when it is easy for you to do so? Do you only fill a GBank when it takes no time?

Please do leave though, you take part in the most borderline parts of the game, and flight impacts those taking part in the core of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Um.... I pugged BoT once, and cleared DS normal several times in pugs. Of course... ds wasnt exactly hard though.

- - - Updated - - -

True.... although I suspect it will give at MOST as much ore as the farm could give mats = not much.
    But think of how much time you save by just letting the game bot itself, and how much stronger your character will be by choosing better professions. You save a ton of time, and sanity, by not having to compete with others in the world for mining nodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    "Wait and see" all this translates to is "No flying until we lose enough subs to affect our bottom line"

This has nothing to do with game play... Every game has a method of fast travel unless they are linear

This is all about making the devs jobs easier and reducing the bottom line.. You know designing content the encourages us to come down from above requires to much work and imagination.
    Right, and flight paths are the equivalent of fast travel. Fast travel takes players from major points to another, not all around absolutely every inch of the game. Portal systems and fast travel can move you to a hub, not to every node of ore.

If you have ANY suggestions for designing up, please do share, I'll happily poke holes in them. The game isnt designed for flying as a major part of playing, it will always be just a form of travel. The problem is that it is too strong as a form of travel

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting concept... balancing something by removing one side of the scales.......
    Chopping off the chunk of flight that says "New Zones" can balance the scale.

However, when you have a feather and a led block, you arent going to balance it, but removing the led block would be more balanced then leaving it on.

Can I just say to this: AMEN!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok then...... "Inconvenience should not be added to picking herbs". Easily fixed that one then. Next?
    Why? Maybe blizzard wants less raw materials in the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Why? Maybe blizzard wants less raw materials in the economy.
    They said that they are making it so you get as much mats as you would if you had flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Why? If you don't like them that's fine, not everyone is going to enjoy the same things that you will. If someone thinks that Farmville is the best thing since sliced bread and that makes you want to quit life then you have problems. Not the casual gamers. There's literally nothing wrong with it.
    Ya except when they start working their way into other games because they now think they are "gamers". Then those games get dumbed the fuck down. So yes there is something wrong with it because it has and will continue to shift the whole industry toward more casual SHIT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    They said that they are making it so you get as much mats as you would if you had flying.
    Didn't know that, so scratch that. Maybe they want people to have to engange with other things and not JUST pick herbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    So what's your main issue with no flight though? Is it just the fact that farming is going to be more tedious? Curious. I'm rather neutral about the change. I've been through it before I can do it again, but it wasn't any more fun to run on the ground than to fly if I remember correctly.
    I don't raid, nor do I PvP. All of my fun time spent in the game involves the use of a flying mount.

- Travel to find new pets to tame (for my hunter)
    - Travel to find new battle pets (for my Druid)
    - Gathering materials for all my ore users
    - Pet battle dailies (EPL down to Booty Bay, all over Outland, and all over Northrend)
    - Travel out for the Angler's dailies
    - Exploration
    - Direct path to Timeless Isle (Flight paths designed by Stevie Wonder)
    - Flight up to LoreWalkers - Rep
    - Archaeology (see above also)
    - Remote fishing spots for pets (upper shelf in Vale for Tiny Carp)
    - Travel to Uldum from Caverns of Time
    - Getting to Ulduar
    - Getting to Mech, Bot, and Arc in Netherstorm

and in general...

My Druid's swift flight form at 310% is AMAZING. No flying removes a key feature of my class. Not the ONLY one, but a key one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Please do leave though, you take part in the most borderline parts of the game, and flight impacts those taking part in the core of it.
    Very well said. Pro flying people have given the most arbitrary reasons for their crying.

Theres so much more to the game people refuse to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    They did? Where?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I don't raid, nor do I PvP. All of my fun time spent in the game involves the use of a flying mount.

- Travel to find new pets to tame (for my hunter)
    - Travel to find new battle pets (for my Druid)
    - Gathering materials for all my ore users
    - Pet battle dailies (EPL down to Booty Bay, all over Outland, and all over Northrend)
    - Travel out for the Angler's dailies
    - Exploration
    - Direct path to Timeless Isle (Flight paths designed by Stevie Wonder)
    - Flight up to LoreWalkers - Rep
    - Archaeology (see above also)
    - Remote fishing spots for pets (upper shelf in Vale for Tiny Carp)
    - Travel to Uldum from Caverns of Time
    - Getting to Ulduar
    - Getting to Mech, Bot, and Arc in Netherstorm

and in general...

My Druid's swift flight form at 310% is AMAZING. No flying removes a key feature of my class. Not the ONLY one, but a key one for me.
    Literally everything you've listed will not be affected by no flying in Dreanor..

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Very well said. Pro flying people have given the most arbitrary reasons for their crying.

Theres so much more to the game people refuse to see.
    If people are that butt hurt about flying being gone, then they are probably people I would like to see gone from WoW anyway. So it looks all good to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Literally everything you've listed will not be affected by no flying in Dreanor..
    I assume he thinks flying will be removed from the entire game...is only in Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I assume he thinks flying will be removed from the entire game...is only in Draenor.
    Yep. If you want to futz around in the old content with a flyer you will still be able to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Who are you to tell me what I should and should not enjoy about this game? The fucking nerve of some people. I don't tell you what parts of the game to like or hate. My only statement in this thread is not taking something away from the game. The is no WRONG way to play an MMO, and the sooner people stop assuming their way is the ONLY way, the better this game will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. If you want to futz around in the old content with a flyer you will still be able to.
    That is what I do CURRENTLY genius. When WoD hits, and I hit 100, come 6.1 I will be ready to take to the skies and do all of that in the CURRENT content of WoD. I plan to look for CURRENT pets, and battle pets, and dailies and so on. I can see from you, and those who post above you I need to explain things 4th dimensionally.

Who are you to tell me what I should and should not enjoy about this game? The fucking nerve of some people. I don't tell you what parts of the game to like or hate. My only statement in this thread is not taking something away from the game. The is no WRONG way to play an MMO, and the sooner people stop assuming their way is the ONLY way, the better this game will be.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what I do CURRENTLY genius. When WoD hits, and I hit 100, come 6.1 I will be ready to take to the skies and do all of that in the CURRENT content of WoD. I plan to look for CURRENT pets, and battle pets, and dailies and so on. I can see from you, and those who post above you I need to explain things 4th dimensionally.
    No, the more people like you leave the better this game will be. People who take part in the meaningful content, not poke battles and gathering ore for no aparent reason.

- - - Updated - - -

So Casual games affect indie developers? They affect games akin to Dark Souls? They affect EvE? You're just trying to find a way to feel superior to others and you chose people that prefer casual games to core games as your punching bag. Casual games don't actually affect the core games as much as you want to believe. What does affect them though is what core gamers want. Did you ever think that maybe the majority of the core gamers don't see the current industry trends as negative?
    I'm not saying it affects specific games. I'm saying it makes the industry as a whole shift to more casual games. Which leads to less choice for the core gamers (your word). Why would a company make a great super complicated awesome game, when they can spend 1/3 of the resources and pump out some shit akin to farmville and make the same or more money?

Never been a big fan of indie stuff anyways, so don't really care about them.

Just because I can jump into a game and instantly get to where the fun is or get into a match or what have you doesn't make it easy. Which is apparently an extremely hard concept to understand.
    Yes it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the more people like you leave the better this game will be. People who take part in the meaningful content, not poke battles and gathering ore for no aparent reason.
    None of it is meaningful. It's a fantasy cartoon parody. The point has always been to fart around. The HC stuff is for the rare loser with no sense of humor. There is no hierarchy of prestige.

Wonder what he'll do when he finds out dailies are gone too? Gotta love his argument thought. "I need flying because its fun. I use it to fly to all the boring stuff"

but you were asked what your beef with no-flying is and you list all this stuff you do on azeroth/outlands when you know full well no-flying is dreanor only.

anyway, archaeology/exploring/pets/whatever you'll still be able to do. in a world which, unlike pandaria, is designed around having to move around on ground at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's people like you that prompted my decision to go to an RP realm. It's hardcore asshats looking down their noses at people and thinking they have every right to treat people like garbage just because they are not playing the game THEIR way. Well, maybe I should let you in on a little secret. The game... is casual. Always has been. We are getting player housing, and toyboxes with WoD. We have Pet Battles, and mini games like the plants vs zombies in Hillsbrad. We get silly little world events, and crazy mounts as rewards. We are the majority. IF and WHEN I decide to leave, it will be MY choice... not yours, or anyone else's. So you are free to go back and do exactly what I told Ordinary to do a few pages back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    in a world which, unlike pandaria, is designed around having to move around on ground at max level.
    Given their lack of info/how far behind they are, I'm skeptical this even happens.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-03-27 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo