10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What is for you good content to make the world feel alive and awesome then?
    - Change the questlines in each new expansion, only slightly. This way as you level, you are getting new content, rather than just end gamers always getting the new content.

- I'd like to see the number of quests per zone reduced to 25 and actually tell a story. A new story, that blends with each new expansion. If they want to exceed expectations, they need to think outside the box and spin things around a bit.

- Add in more group quests. These were key in TBC. You formed groups, made friends, and brought down elites like the wizard in Duskwood, or the Nessingwary end beasts like King Bangalash. Cooperative gameplay is the key to an MMO

- Reduce the flight ceiling, and incorporate a little danger here and there. Maybe spear tossing trolls in STV, or frost drakes in ICC. Put some element of danger for flying in each zone. Will keep people from run-lock/alt-tab. They will come back and need a rezz.

- Add surnames. Even though there are addons which do this, I would love to have the ability to toggle on a 2nd name. I should be able to make a first and last name to go with my title. Some people will use it, others would not. But having the option would be nice.

- Scroll of town portal. Permanent spell item to replace hearthstones. Instead of being forced to go to ONE location, you may now transport yourself to any major city or town, as long as there is an Inn. It would be a 10 second cast and would create something akin to the Death Gate for Death Knights, and when you step in, the world map appears with all of the Inns. You select one and off you go.

- Barber shop for mounts. Maybe I am tired of my Tundra mammoth being brown. Maybe I want a white one, or a grey one, or a black one. Maybe my Swift flight form would look more awesome Dark Green or midnight blue. Customizing the look of my mount would set me apart from other mounts.

- Raid stones. With the purchase of the raid stone (2000 valor), once in a Raiding Party, you can use your Raid Stone like a hearth Stone. You select the raid you are all doing and use the stone to transport yourself there. 30 min cool down. No more taking hours to get raids together. Now, you can join, and port to the raid. No warlock? No problem.

- Raid Tokens. Each boss kill earns you a token which can be combined to a sum total (10 tokens) allowing you to purchase from the In-Raid Vendor, a piece of gear which would normally drop from a boss. This means after 10 kills, you are at least guaranteed ONE piece of gear. Once the first token drops for you in the raid (from any boss), you will not collect a 2nd one until the lockout expires. This will maintain the duration of the content and improve gearing, even if only slightly. It would be close to the token system we had in TBC and Wrath, but not so generous.

- Class changes. Since we now have a token that would allow you to boost from 1-90, I would offer a second token allowing you to change your current class (not professions or anything else) to another class of equal level. So, you got a Warrior to 90, but are just not happy? No prob. $60 and we will turn that Warrior into a Paladin. There would be a 90 day cool down preventing constant swapping, and the price is equal to another existing service of similar magnitude.

- Quest hubs. When questing in a zone, you can get every quest available in that zone the first time, and then do them in any order you like. This means you only have to go back to that NPC when you want to, and not just to get the next quest. This would allow players to sandbox their environment a bit more and spread out. Instead of stepping all over each other at location after location.

- Special Perk Zones. To bring life back into zones long forgotten like Silithus or Desolace, when questing in these zones, you gain DOUBLE XP. You will be prompted for your bonus XP when entering the zone and would have the option to Disable it should you not want the additional XP. Anyone wanting to powerlevel would take advantage of the XP bonus and would be questing with others who are just there because they like the zone. Also, each week, a new zone would be labeled as the Zone of the Week on the Calendar. During that week, special battle pets might appear under certain circumstances, hidden treasure chests or sacks of gold will be scattered in various spots, and a large elite rare spawn appropriate to the zone's level (and only seen by players that level or lower) will appear and can be taken down by groups working together.

- Group Achievements. Add a new category to Achievements and make it specific to groups. Example: Grouped with 4 other people for Fishing Extravaganza. Grouped with 4 other people to gather nodes. Grouped with 4 other people to complete the following Dailies. Etc. This would give the achievement hounds a new series of achievements and would encourage grouping.

- Guild XP bonus. We already get rewards for grouping as a guild in Heroics. What if we got bonuses for clearing entire zones as a guild group? 3/5 members cleared this zone together while questing. Each receives X amount of gold, and a satchel with surprises. It would rebuild the community feel of the guild and keep guilds from feeling like 5 mans where you show up, do stuff, and then just bail without talking. This would put people back out in zones and add another dimension to the achievements idea.

- PvP Wrecking Crew. When you join Rated BGs as a guild, you gain 50% more currency when you win and 25% if you lose. This would incentivize guilds who are interested in PvP to make premades and run them together for the bonuses. There would also be group achievements tied to this.

- City Destroyers. Achievements which ultimately stack in a meta to reward a very unique mount for not only killing the leaders in each city, but for also killing X amount of players and X amount of guards. Huge reward for holding the throne room hostage for 30 minutes, meaning at least ONE member of your invasion team must remain alive at all times. If it is ever a complete wipe, ALL is lost.

- King for a Day. You are randomly selected by the system when logging on and given the King for a Day buff. You get +200 to all stats and are given TWO city guards (lvl 95 elites) to follow you around and defend you for the next 24 hours. If they die, they are not resurrected. If YOU die, you lose your 24 hour buff for stats. Be careful, the king always has a pricetag on his head.

- Bounty Hunting. In the back alley of Old Town, and in the Drag in Orgrimmar, there is a shady little Goblin with a Bounty Hunting network. He will let you pay gold to take out a hit on another player (only when flagged for PvP), or let you take on the hit and collect the bounty when you finish the job. Once you accept the job, you are teleported to within 25 yards of your target and must now hunt them down and successfully kill them. If you fail, the bounty vanishes and the player is no longer bountied. If you succeed, you get paid based on the bounty.

So, those are my ideas. None of them involve removing flight, and touch on most aspects of this game. I would challenge YOU to find solutions to the game design without touching flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    No, the irony was very thick in your post. Very thick. You were basically mowing someone down for doing exactly the same thing you have been doing to others for the last 50 pages.
    I only mow down the ones that refuse to listen.

It's only allowed now in irrelevant areas of the game. Why would you want to leave something so powerful that it is forced to only exist in areas of the game that are deemed "irrelevant" to the game devs? Why not have them nerf it somehow so that it could be used in all places in the future and not have to be constantly "killed" for every new story/content/leveling area?
    If this is the (or a) core of your argument, I can help you out a little. The problem is you considering the open world in MoP (for example) to be "irrelevant". I don't consider it irrelevant at all and I have levelled 15 characters through it. I can use my flying mounts in MoP open world apart from a few places. I can use them to gather resources that are not irrelevant. I can use them to go back and complete quests that I didn't do on all my characters because I like questing. I don't consider that irrelevant (and I don't need to "discover" that with these quests because I discovered the places on earlier toons that I DID do the quests on while levelling).

I would much rather have a useful flying mount that I can use in the "open world" and not be able to use it in specific areas, than have a flying mount I can use everywhere but sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I would wager there are just as many hardcore asshats.
    I would rather play with an asshole who is great at their class then a super nice guy that royally sucks any day.

So far it just seems to be: "Because it pisses off casuals like you."
    Hey, if I don't have a dog in the fight but I can root for one that would piss off my enemy, sounds good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    I would rather play with an asshole who is great at their class then a super nice guy that royally sucks any day.

Hey, if I don't have a dog in the fight but I can root for one that would piss off my enemy, sounds good to me.
    Well, thanks for being honest. It speaks volumes about you as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Not really. They are restricted for certain areas because as already said Blizzard want people to discover their content in a particular fashion. Once that is done they no longer need to limit that (and they currently don't). Similarly for BGs, restricting them focuses the play. There is no need to focus play in the open world. WoW is based around the option to go and do whatever you want (within game rules) in the World - there does not need to be any focus in the open world. They have experimented with no flying in new zones and keeping no flying there - while still keeping flying available in the rest of the expansion's content. This has worked well because they have NOT put draconian measures in place - but have just provided for all.
    You are missing the point. Blizzard could nerf flying mounts (be it maneuverability, top speed, lowered skybox, etc) and then capitalize on it in BGs. They could give some classes new abilities to net flying mounts (think orc raiders in WC3). This could open up new strategies in new/old BGs on how to capture nodes or lead pronged attacks. This is currently an impossibility because Blizzard just toggles off the ability to fly because flying mounts are currently too powerful.

The same could apply to PvE. Imagine raids that could split off to other areas with flying mounts, land, then fight in completely different areas of the zone at the same time. Currently, the same could be done with portals or hokey looking mechanisms but all this artwork is available for flying mounts - why not use it everywhere. It also would encourage people to potentially buy more flying mounts from the cash shop since they would not be arbitrarily restricted from so many places, even after hitting max level.

Your argument could also be used to say "If ground mounts were not overpowered, they would be allowed in game everywhere - including in buildings". We are all used to not mounting in most buildings but I've never heard anyone claim that this is because the mounts are overpowered.
    Ground mounts can already be used in many buildings - the issue is, everywhere you can summon a ground mount, you can simply summon the flying mount instead and it still functions as the ground mount.

Currently, no matter how you compare flying mounts and ground mounts - flying mounts are always: ground + more. It is additive, with no tradeoff. There is no disadvantage suffered for ever choosing a flying mount over a ground mount because the flying mount is inherently always more powerful. It is due to this power that flying mounts are just simply relegated to portions of the game that Blizzard deems "irrelevant".

10+ Year Old Account
    You are missing the point. Blizzard could nerf flying mounts (be it maneuverability, top speed, lowered skybox, etc) and then capitalize on it in BGs.
    And for those of us who hate PvP? Again, we need to have our enjoyment nerfed so PvP jerks can have perks.

- Raid stones. With the purchase of the raid stone (2000 valor), once in a Raiding Party, you can use your Raid Stone like a hearth Stone. You select the raid you are all doing and use the stone to transport yourself there. 30 min cool down. No more taking hours to get raids together. Now, you can join, and port to the raid. No warlock? No problem.
    This is basically a version of "Have Group Will Travel" which they added and then REMOVED from the game the very next expansion. It's with VP instead of guild perk, and doesn't require someone to "go there and summon" but apart from that its the same. It's not likely they would put back in something (even more powerful as no one needs to move there) back in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is basically a version of "Have Group Will Travel" which they added and then REMOVED from the game the very next expansion. It's with VP instead of guild perk, and doesn't require someone to "go there and summon" but apart from that its the same. It's not likely they would put back in something (even more powerful as no one needs to move there) back in the game.
    HG,WT was pulled for a variety of reasons including summoning and entire raiding party into a Throne Room. This would only work for raids, and only raids in current content. Far less powerful than HG,WT.

You are missing the point. Blizzard could nerf flying mounts (be it maneuverability, top speed, lowered skybox, etc) and then capitalize on it in BGs. They could give some classes new abilities to net flying mounts (think orc raiders in WC3). This could open up new strategies in new/old BGs on how to capture nodes or lead pronged attacks. This is currently an impossibility because Blizzard just toggles off the ability to fly because flying mounts are currently too powerful.
    I am not missing the point at all - I just don't agree with you. Yes, of course they could nerf flying mounts to the point where you may as well not have them. They could also nerf 100% ground mounts to be the same as 60% ground mount speed. My point is they don't need to. There is zero compelling reason to nerf flying mounts apart from the fact that you don't want to use them and are pissed that anyone using them gains an advantage (as you see it) over anyone using a ground mount - so you feel that forces you to use flying mounts too. There is no reason to use flying mounts in BGs, so why nerf them everywhere just so you can use them in BGs?

The same could apply to PvE. Imagine raids that could split off to other areas with flying mounts, land, then fight in completely different areas of the zone at the same time. Currently, the same could be done with portals or hokey looking mechanisms but all this artwork is available for flying mounts - why not use it everywhere.
    not sure what you are getting at here - if they wanted to allow you to use flying mounts to get from one part of a raid to another they could do it just as easily with no disadvantages without nerfing them.
    It also would encourage people to potentially buy more flying mounts from the cash shop since they would not be arbitrarily restricted from so many places, even after hitting max level.
    That's logic makes zero sense. ALL mounts you can get from the cash shop work as ground mounts (I believe - and definately will in 6.0) so the point is invalid.

Ground mounts can already be used in many buildings - the issue is, everywhere you can summon a ground mount, you can simply summon the flying mount instead and it still functions as the ground mount.
    Already done - and it has nothing to do with nerfing flying mounts. They already are making all flying mounts work as ground mounts everywhere.

Currently, no matter how you compare flying mounts and ground mounts - flying mounts are always: ground + more. It is additive, with no tradeoff. There is no disadvantage suffered for ever choosing a flying mount over a ground mount because the flying mount is inherently always more powerful. It is due to this power that flying mounts are just simply relegated to portions of the game that Blizzard deems "irrelevant".
    Of course flying mounts are more powerful than ground mounts - and they damn well should be. They should not be nerfed because they are MEANT to be more powerful. 100% riding speed is MEANT to be more powerful than 60% riding speed. As you buy more riding skills they are MEANT to be more powerful - that's the POINT! Lastly, what makes you think that Blizzard deems anywhere in the current expansion as "irrelevant" - please stop mistaking yourself for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

HG,WT was pulled for a variety of reasons including summoning and entire raiding party into a Throne Room. This would only work for raids, and only raids in current content. Far less powerful than HG,WT.
    In that case..... just use the raid stone already there..... Sure two people need to get there - but this idea seems to have very little benefits (apart from not even making ANYONE get out of the city to the raidstone) but it seems hardly worth doing to simply make it that two extra people can be lazy.

- Change the questlines in each new expansion, only slightly. This way as you level, you are getting new content, rather than just end gamers always getting the new content.

- I'd like to see the number of quests per zone reduced to 25 and actually tell a story. A new story, that blends with each new expansion. If they want to exceed expectations, they need to think outside the box and spin things around a bit.
    This would be a double-edged sword. While I will agree that many quests are pointless, WoW quests are not that complex. I could chew up 25 quests in a WoW zone in essentially an hour, even on a ground mount.

What I would like to see if some intelligence in the quests. There is no reason to make me travel back and forth to the same area of mobs 15 times to collect a different item that I should have been collecting the first time I was slaughtering the mobs. Example: Wrathion sending you in to collect sigils, then right back in to the same raid zone to collect 6000 valor. Wrathion sending you in to collect 12 runestones only to send you right back in to kill the same boss you have been slaying for the last 6 week (while getting runestones) to get the same heart that you let rot multiple weeks. I know that's a raid quest but the same mentality is used out in zone quests.

- Add in more group quests. These were key in TBC. You formed groups, made friends, and brought down elites like the wizard in Duskwood, or the Nessingwary end beasts like King Bangalash. Cooperative gameplay is the key to an MMO
    No. I loathe and despise group quests. They are okay for the first month or two of an expansion, then it gets to be like pulling teeth to find enough alts to kill them. I usually just end up begging a guildie to come out and slay them for me or wait until I'm max level and go back.

- Add surnames. Even though there are addons which do this, I would love to have the ability to toggle on a 2nd name. I should be able to make a first and last name to go with my title. Some people will use it, others would not. But having the option would be nice.
    I'd like surnames to combine with your character's name to be the complete name. This would allow people to use some names that are already taken. Other MMORPGs (Eve, GW2, etc) already do things like that - essentially longer character names that can contain spaces.

- Scroll of town portal. Permanent spell item to replace hearthstones. Instead of being forced to go to ONE location, you may now transport yourself to any major city or town, as long as there is an Inn. It would be a 10 second cast and would create something akin to the Death Gate for Death Knights, and when you step in, the world map appears with all of the Inns. You select one and off you go.
    I completely support this. Discover an inn and now you can burn a scroll to port to it. It could be a consumable sold by inscriptionists.

- Barber shop for mounts. Maybe I am tired of my Tundra mammoth being brown. Maybe I want a white one, or a grey one, or a black one. Maybe my Swift flight form would look more awesome Dark Green or midnight blue. Customizing the look of my mount would set me apart from other mounts.
    Don't think this will happen. It would effectively remove the need to collect many mounts as they are all simply recolored reskins anyway.

Not necessary. This should just be a guild perk like mass rezz.

- Raid Tokens. Each boss kill earns you a token which can be combined to a sum total (10 tokens) allowing you to purchase from the In-Raid Vendor, a piece of gear which would normally drop from a boss. This means after 10 kills, you are at least guaranteed ONE piece of gear. Once the first token drops for you in the raid (from any boss), you will not collect a 2nd one until the lockout expires. This will maintain the duration of the content and improve gearing, even if only slightly. It would be close to the token system we had in TBC and Wrath, but not so generous.
    This is exactly what Valor was supposed to do - Blizzard just sort of left the Valor system to rot on the vine instead of actively supporting it.

- Quest hubs. When questing in a zone, you can get every quest available in that zone the first time, and then do them in any order you like. This means you only have to go back to that NPC when you want to, and not just to get the next quest. This would allow players to sandbox their environment a bit more and spread out. Instead of stepping all over each other at location after location.
    No. While I certainly think there should/could be multiple quest stories going on in the same place - I certainly want at least some of the quest storylines to be linear. They don't all have to be.

- Special Perk Zones. To bring life back into zones long forgotten like Silithus or Desolace, when questing in these zones, you gain DOUBLE XP. You will be prompted for your bonus XP when entering the zone and would have the option to Disable it should you not want the additional XP. Anyone wanting to powerlevel would take advantage of the XP bonus and would be questing with others who are just there because they like the zone. Also, each week, a new zone would be labeled as the Zone of the Week on the Calendar. During that week, special battle pets might appear under certain circumstances, hidden treasure chests or sacks of gold will be scattered in various spots, and a large elite rare spawn appropriate to the zone's level (and only seen by players that level or lower) will appear and can be taken down by groups working together.
    What good will the double XP be after you hit max level? That's why the zones are really empty as it is - leveling is over way too fast then there is no reason to go back after you do the quests for Loremaster (if you are interested in that).

- Group Achievements. Add a new category to Achievements and make it specific to groups. Example: Grouped with 4 other people for Fishing Extravaganza. Grouped with 4 other people to gather nodes. Grouped with 4 other people to complete the following Dailies. Etc. This would give the achievement hounds a new series of achievements and would encourage grouping.
    No. No. No. No^28347384734.

No group achievements. That is a horrible idea.

Achievements that encourage you help other players? good idea.
    Achievements that require you to do something while in a group just to be in a group? bad idea.

- Guild XP bonus. We already get rewards for grouping as a guild in Heroics. What if we got bonuses for clearing entire zones as a guild group? 3/5 members cleared this zone together while questing. Each receives X amount of gold, and a satchel with surprises. It would rebuild the community feel of the guild and keep guilds from feeling like 5 mans where you show up, do stuff, and then just bail without talking. This would put people back out in zones and add another dimension to the achievements idea.
    Clear a zone while in a guild group? What if someone is already half-done with the zone? Can they not contribute until the guild group catches up to them?

I think things like this only work with dynamic events - not static WoW quests. You could do something like this in GW2, but not in the current WoW questing schema though.

- King for a Day. You are randomly selected by the system when logging on and given the King for a Day buff. You get +200 to all stats and are given TWO city guards (lvl 95 elites) to follow you around and defend you for the next 24 hours. If they die, they are not resurrected. If YOU die, you lose your 24 hour buff for stats. Be careful, the king always has a pricetag on his head.
    This would be completely terrible with how flying mounts currently work in the game. If I got cursed with this buff for a day, I'd log off or queue solely for instances. I would probably even sit in a lowbie instance while I was in queue for an instance.

This would be a good type of game for a BG though and I enjoy Regicide in Halo 4.

I did play something like this in paintball once. The president couldn't have a weapon and lost if shot once but he had two bodyguards that were invincible. It was such a rush to bodyblock hundreds of shots from the president and literally stand there like the Terminator shooting all the "assassins".

- Bounty Hunting. In the back alley of Old Town, and in the Drag in Orgrimmar, there is a shady little Goblin with a Bounty Hunting network. He will let you pay gold to take out a hit on another player (only when flagged for PvP), or let you take on the hit and collect the bounty when you finish the job. Once you accept the job, you are teleported to within 25 yards of your target and must now hunt them down and successfully kill them. If you fail, the bounty vanishes and the player is no longer bountied. If you succeed, you get paid based on the bounty.
    This would kind of suck with flying mounts on PvP servers - especially if everyone just ended up with the bounty on their minimap.

So, those are my ideas. None of them involve removing flight, and touch on most aspects of this game. I would challenge YOU to find solutions to the game design without touching flying.
    Some are pretty good ideas but the way current flying mounts work in game makes them difficult to implement.
    Last edited by Raeln; 2014-03-28 at 04:35 PM.

What kind of drugs are you smoking? How does it take hours for everyone to make their way to the raid portal?

If this is the (or a) core of your argument, I can help you out a little. The problem is you considering the open world in MoP (for example) to be "irrelevant". I don't consider it irrelevant at all and I have levelled 15 characters through it. I can use my flying mounts in MoP open world apart from a few places. I can use them to gather resources that are not irrelevant. I can use them to go back and complete quests that I didn't do on all my characters because I like questing. I don't consider that irrelevant (and I don't need to "discover" that with these quests because I discovered the places on earlier toons that I DID do the quests on while levelling).

I would much rather have a useful flying mount that I can use in the "open world" and not be able to use it in specific areas, than have a flying mount I can use everywhere but sucks.
    Out of all 15 of your characters, you were not allowed to use flying on any of them until they hit 90 and Blizzard then deemed the open world content as "irrelevant" and let you buy flight training.

The open world was still irrelevant at level 90 because then you access to heroic dungeons/scenarios/LFR and later on TI to catch up your alts gear. In fact, TI was so generous that you can bank TI drops for your alt to be used the very moment they ding 90 - no matter where they are.

Out of all 15 of your characters, you were not allowed to use flying on any of them until they hit 90 and Blizzard then deemed the open world content as "irrelevant" and let you buy flight training..
    And again you seem to think you are Blizzard. Because YOU consider something irrelevant - stop assuming that Blizzard feels the same way. There is zero reason for you to come to that conclusion. Blizzard clearly has deemed it that I no longer need to be forced to the ground once I am max level (that much is clear from the fact that they no longer force it) - but nothing says that is because they consider it irrelevant. There are lots of reasons to go into the world at 90. One example would be the farm that you cannot even fully utilise until you are max level as you need to do the dailies to unlock the plots and you cant do those till max level. Come to that, what about dailies in general? They are in the world and only available at max level. I think as Blizzard has clearly made these things available only at max level these are two things that indicate that Blizzard very likely DOESN'T consider the open world to be "irrelevant" at max level. And no, I'm not claiming to be Blizzard and I don't know their motivation but it seems unlikely they would make content in the open world ONLY for max levels if they considered the open world irrelevant.
    Last edited by Cassidin; 2014-03-28 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure you even know what you want, first you say you don't want to have to go back and forth:
    What I would like to see if some intelligence in the quests. There is no reason to make me travel back and forth to the same area of mobs 15 times to collect a different item that I should have been collecting the first time I was slaughtering the mobs.
    Then you say you don't want to just be given all the quests ahead of time like you had just asked for:
    No. While I certainly think there should/could be multiple quest stories going on in the same place - I certainly want at least some of the quest storylines to be linear. They don't all have to be.
    I think there may be a communication breakdown between how I wrote it, and how you read it. Makes me wonder if I can really validate any of your other opinions on that post.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of drugs are you smoking?
    Stop stalking me and stay on topic.

I am not missing the point at all - I just don't agree with you. Yes, of course they could nerf flying mounts to the point where you may as well not have them. They could also nerf 100% ground mounts to be the same as 60% ground mount speed. My point is they don't need to. There is zero compelling reason to nerf flying mounts apart from the fact that you don't want to use them and are pissed that anyone using them gains an advantage (as you see it) over anyone using a ground mount - so you feel that forces you to use flying mounts too. There is no reason to use flying mounts in BGs, so why nerf them everywhere just so you can use them in BGs?
    There is zero compelling evidence to nerf flying mounts in your opinion. Blizzard obviously feels differently or they wouldn't have this stance of "oh we need to completely kill flying mounts in WoD for an unknown amount of time". Blizzard is recognizing a balance problem or they wouldn't give a care and just leave them on all the time.

I gave an example of how a nerfed flying mount system could be used in BGs and I have a feeling that PvPers would probably enjoy having that additional strategy element available to them. Those changes could even be put into BGs without flying mounts being changed at all out in the open world.

Of course flying mounts are more powerful than ground mounts - and they damn well should be. They should not be nerfed because they are MEANT to be more powerful. 100% riding speed is MEANT to be more powerful than 60% riding speed. As you buy more riding skills they are MEANT to be more powerful - that's the POINT! Lastly, what makes you think that Blizzard deems anywhere in the current expansion as "irrelevant" - please stop mistaking yourself for Blizzard.
    Open your eyes. Blizzard's actions are openly stating that they only consider "leveling" the important part of MoP in regards to story. Once at level 90, they let you buy flying even though most people had almost, if not more than, 2 zones left completely untouched - depending on how many dungeons they did along the way. Once you hit 90, they are saying, "well - thanks! here's your flying mount" since most people will probably not even finish the other zones and go straight into queuing for LFD/LFR and doing dailies, primarily in a zone they already had to unlock to get to the main hub in the expansion.

They consider the open world "irrelevant" once you hit 90. Just like they considered it "irrelevant" in Wrath at 77 and TBC at 70.

If they didn't consider the open world "irrelevant" once you hit 90 in MoP - they would have required us to get Loremaster of Pandaria before being able to buy MoP flying.

- - - Updated - - -

And again you seem to think you are Blizzard. Because YOU consider something irrelevant - stop assuming that Blizzard feels the same way. There is zero reason for you to come to that conclusion. Blizzard clearly has deemed it that I no longer need to be forced to the ground once I am max level (that much is clear from the fact that they no longer force it) - but nothing says that is because they consider it irrelevant. There are lots of reasons to go into the world at 90. One example would be the farm that you cannot even fully utilise until you are max level as you need to do the dailies to unlock the plots and you cant do those till max level. Come to that, what about dailies in general? They are in the world and only available at max level. I think as Blizzard has clearly made these things available only at max level these are two things that indicate that Blizzard very likely DOESN'T consider the open world to be "irrelevant" at max level. And no, I'm not claiming to be Blizzard and I don't know their motivation but it seems unlikely they would make content in the open world ONLY for max levels if they considered the open world irrelevant.
    Why would they feel you no longer need to be "forced" to the ground once you hit level 90?
    Last edited by Raeln; 2014-03-28 at 04:43 PM.

Stop stalking me and stay on topic.
    I was addressing one of your suggestions. Why do you think that it takes hours for all your raid members to get to the portal?

Not sure you even know what you want, first you say you don't want to have to go back and forth:

Then you say you don't want to just be given all the quests ahead of time like you had just asked for:
    The quests should "auto-chain" while you are there or the first "bloodied heart" you pick up auto-give you the quest for collect 10 hearts (or whatever).

They have started doing some of this already but I'd like to see it used far more.

I think there may be a communication breakdown between how I wrote it, and how you read it. Makes me wonder if I can really validate any of your other opinions on that post.
    I took it that you want to move through a zone and rather than a linear questing experience that leads you from the first hub to the second, you want to drive to anywhere in the zone and be able to pick up quests. Those quest then may or may not be their own little tiny reasons for killing X or sifting through Y stacks of poop - rather than be associated with a main progressive story plot in the zone.

Did I interpret wrong? Is my opinion still invalid?

There is zero compelling evidence to nerf flying mounts in your opinion.
    Of course, no one here is without their own agenda. My point is that all your reasons for wanting to nerf something are just because YOU don't like it, My reasons for not nerfing it are because I DO like it.
    Blizzard obviously feels differently or they wouldn't have this stance of "oh we need to completely kill flying mounts in WoD for an unknown amount of time". Blizzard is recognizing a balance problem or they wouldn't give a care and just leave them on all the time.
    That doesn't prove Blizzard thinks there is a "balance" problem with flying mounts. It just proves that they have SOME content they want is to do on the ground. I've never argued against such content.
    I gave an example of how a nerfed flying mount system could be used in BGs and I have a feeling that PvPers would probably enjoy having that additional strategy element available to them. Those changes could even be put into BGs without flying mounts being changed at all out in the open world.
    Yes, but in fact what you also did was give an example of how something that was only enjoyed in PVE could be broken to be used in PVP - there are enough things that are broken to be used in PVP as it is. I am not against PVP - although it isnt my thing - but PVE shouldnt be broken for the sake of PVP (or visa versa - I think the two should be split so one doesnt affect the other personally).
    Open your eyes. Blizzard's actions are openly stating that they only consider "leveling" the important part of MoP in regards to story. Once at level 90, they let you buy flying even though most people had almost, if not more than, 2 zones left completely untouched - depending on how many dungeons they did along the way. Once you hit 90, they are saying, "well - thanks! here's your flying mount since most people will probably not even finish the other zones and go straight into queuing for LFD/LFR and doing dailies, primarily in a zone they already had to unlock to get to the main hub in the expansion.

They consider the open world "irrelevant" once you hit 90. Just like they considered it "irrelevant" in Wrath at 77 and TBC at 70.
    Assumptions based on your own wishes. They don't consider it irrelevant - and they make content for it ONLY available to max level players which proves this. Just as they did in Wrath and TBC
    If they didn't consider the open world "irrelevant" once you hit 90 in MoP - they would have required us to get Loremaster of Pandaria before being able to buy MoP flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they feel you no longer need to be "forced" to the ground once you hit level 90?
    Easy, because you have done the large part of what you are going to do - questing wise. Blizzard dont intentionally do things only to piss their players off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was addressing one of your suggestions. Why do you think that it takes hours for all your raid members to get to the portal?
    You asked me which drugs I was smoking, and then followed with that question. Also, it can take up to an hour or more to get pug raids together. This way, once you have someone recruited, they could jump straight into the raid and not waste more time with a summons.

Let's stick to the topic and leave the personal shit at the door.

That doesn't prove Blizzard thinks there is a "balance" problem with flying mounts. It just proves that they have SOME content they want is to do on the ground. I've never argued against such content.
    If there was not a balance issue with flying mounts, Blizzard would never disable them.

That is not my opinion - their actions are as clear as glass. If flying mounts didn't interfere with what they wanted to do or how they wanted to present it, they would never turn them off ever.

Simply because they do disable flying mounts in some areas confirm that at some level Blizzard feels they are not balanced for that content. Historically, they reenable flight after they feel the content is not relevant any longer.

Yes, but in fact what you also did was give an example of how something that was only enjoyed in PVE could be broken to be used in PVP - there are enough things that are broken to be used in PVP as it is. I am not against PVP - although it isnt my thing - but PVE shouldnt be broken for the sake of PVP (or visa versa - I think the two should be split so one doesnt affect the other personally).
    I don't think PvP should even exist on a PvE server. I'm sure that would upset a few folks alone. So by that metric, no PvP changes should be affecting anything on a PvE server at all.

Assumptions based on your own wishes. They don't consider it irrelevant - and they make content for it ONLY available to max level players which proves this. Just as they did in Wrath and TBC
    It's "not my wishes" - it is plainly what Blizzard has done. They made a big hubbub about killing flight while leveling, when they want people to see their content and then after people hit max level (or some arbitrary level) - Blizzard goes ho hum, doesn't matter anymore and let's them spend some gold to turn it back on. It is exactly that Blizzard doesn't view that content as relevant anymore.

Easy, because you have done the large part of what you are going to do - questing wise. Blizzard dont intentionally do things only to piss their players off.
    So it is now irrelevant content. Exactly what I was saying.

Blizzard cannot assume that players will continue to finish the other zone's quests (at least right now, at any rate) so the story presented there is now irrelevant to the player and they let players use their flying mounts again.