10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Wildstar has pruned down abilities and announced flying may be removed so Blizz pruned down their abilities and announced flying may be removed.

WOW has a long history of closely mimicking soon to be released mmos
    Customizable mounts including Hoverboards are still fully intended. Not sure which source you are using for Wildstar, but you may want to crosscheck stuff before just blurting it out.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne..._wildstar.php/

As for WoW, with the new FLYING mount that is now part of Archaeology, it sure looks like 6.1 will put flight back in as anticipated. So this topic for me is now more of a leisure time and less of a need to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    SNIP...

That latest piece of information is what has me convinced flight WILL be instated in 6.1. A flying mount earned by grinding archaeology. A two headed beast just like the Skyreaver, minus the armor and engines of the Iron Horde. So while I am ok with them experimenting with no flight, I fail to see why they continue to add FLYING mounts to an expansion which presumably "does not support flight". At this point, I am more convinced that the anti-fliers are just stirring the pot because it is fun for them.

With that, I will be watching for 6.1 to arrive, and completing the flight quest will be my TOP priority.
    I'm with you on that. Flying will never be removed completely but I do have the concern for what I mentioned above. A scenario where we get flying at 6.1 to only have to banned in some new area.

Then when 6.2 comes we can flying in all of 6.1 stuff but now banned in anything new to 6.2.

This goes on and on throughout the expansion where flying is given and taken away repeatedly.

It's a big enough problem for me and purchasing WoD wont be considered till 6.1 at least and then only if what I mentioned doesn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm with you on that. Flying will never be removed completely but I do have the concern for what I mentioned above. A scenario where we get flying at 6.1 to only have to banned in some new area.

Then when 6.2 comes we can flying in all of 6.1 stuff but now banned in anything new to 6.2.

This goes on and on throughout the expansion where flying is given and taken away repeatedly.

It's a big enough problem for me and purchasing WoD wont be considered till 6.1 at least and then only if what I mentioned doesn't happen.
    I'm sure after awhile we will find out that flight in 6.1 will become the new "norm". Each new expac will make you wait a patch, then they unlock it and give us new zones like the Timewaste Isle or Jurrasic Park where flight is prohibited. Which I don't mind since I go, I grind for what I want, and then never return.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    WoD is the equivalent of taking your car in for routine maintenance only to come back and have the shop inform you that they removed multiple options you had purchased for your car...oh and that maintenance now costs more.

Some of the pro flying folks may run further than that stating it would be like them removing the wheels and saying you will get them back in 4 months...maybe.
    Yeah, no it's not but nice try.

WoD is the equivalent of taking your car in for routine maintenance only to come back and have the shop inform you that they removed multiple options you had purchased for your car...oh and that maintenance now costs more.

Some of the pro flying folks may run further than that stating it would be like them removing the wheels and saying you will get them back in 4 months...maybe.
    Thats really funny.

Cause I don't think it could get any more truthful when you look at WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Yeah, you're right.

They let us keep the wheels, they just took out the drive shaft and the transmission.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Perception is reality as far as I'm concerned with the direction WoD is going.

I'm going to venture and say the people who are all need flying, never played with out it. Vanilla seemed way more dangerous. And you actually saw people in the world. OH and there were gathering professions back then too.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Perception is reality as far as I'm concerned with the direction WoD is going.
    It'd be one thing if Blizzard were giving us less content than they usually do in a new expansion. In this case they're just cutting the crap out of WoW's fur. I don't understand why anyone is arguing that's not an OK thing to do, unless they really, really love reforging or something.

EDIT: Oh, and with respect to flying, this is nothing earth-shattering here. There's been no flying in current content for quite a while now. You can't compare no flight until 6.1 with taking a vital components out of a car. You can't drive a car without wheels or a drive shaft or transmission, but you can certainly play WoW without flying. The analogy is bad.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-04-25 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    I'm going to venture and say SOME OF the people who are all need flying, never played with out it.
    Fixed that for you. Spent 7 months playing in TBC before I could afford a flying mount. I enjoyed it at the time, but would NEVER go back and play on a TBC realm.

It'd be one thing if Blizzard were giving us less content than they usually do in a new expansion. In this case they're just cutting the crap out of WoW's fur. I don't understand why anyone is arguing that's not an OK thing to do, unless they really, really love reforging or something.
    Reforging more or less becomes redundant with the removal of hit and expertise (which is a good change a la removal of defense stat years ago). It could still remain, but it's usefulness is so diminished, there's no point. Looks like a lot of folks want that same principle applied to flying mounts.

I'm going to venture and say the people who are all need flying, never played with out it.
    And you'd be wrong. I played vanilla, and I sure as fuck do not want to go back to that style of gameplay.

Vanilla seemed way more dangerous.
    Vanilla wasn't "way more dangerous". Hell, compared to every other MMO on the market at the time, Vanilla was a safest one out there. You know what you lost if you died? 10% durability.

Know what you lost if you played, say, Phantasy Star Online? Everything you had equipped on you dropped if you died. And if one person was a random player? Well, hope they have some decency, or you're gonna lose everything you had equipped because they could just scoop your loot and scoot on out.

Everquest made you lose whole swaths of experience when you died. Lineage....hell if I fucking know, I barely played any of that game.

So no, Vanilla was not some magical time of "Superty dooperty ultra-dangerous stuff guize!" It was only "dangerous" if you hadn't played any other MMO on the market at the time.

And you actually saw people in the world.
    I barely if ever saw anyone out in the world back then. You know where I saw most of the people? In Ironforge, since that was where the Auction House was for Alliance. Only time I saw large amounts of players not in my guild at the time was when it was raid time and other guilds were going to raid. When randomly running about? Maybe 5 people max.

I'm going to venture and say the people who are all need flying, never played with out it. Vanilla seemed way more dangerous. And you actually saw people in the world. OH and there were gathering professions back then too.
    Vanilla was never any more dangerous until all the outdoor elite mobs were reduced to non elites. It was, though, far more time consuming for simply getting anywhere to do things. Been there, done it, have an old school pvp feat as proof.

Reforging more or less becomes redundant with the removal of hit and expertise (which is a god change a la removal of defense stat years ago). It could still remain, but it's usefulness is so diminished, there's no point. Looks like a lot of folks want that same principle applied to flying mounts.
    I added this part in:

EDIT: Oh, and with respect to flying, this is nothing earth-shattering here. There's been no flying in current content for quite a while now. You can't compare no flight until 6.1 with taking a vital components out of a car. You can't drive a car without wheels or a drive shaft or transmission, but you can certainly play WoW without flying. The analogy is bad.
    I don't really want flying out of the game completely. I just want it to stop trivializing what little open-world content Blizzard has left us with.

Customizable mounts including Hoverboards are still fully intended. Not sure which source you are using for Wildstar, but you may want to crosscheck stuff before just blurting it out.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne..._wildstar.php/

As for WoW, with the new FLYING mount that is now part of Archaeology, it sure looks like 6.1 will put flight back in as anticipated. So this topic for me is now more of a leisure time and less of a need to defend.
    Having archeology reward a flying mount means nothing. Throne of Thunder rewards a Skyscreamer, but we can't fly on Isle of Thunder.

Also I'm quite sure flying has been scrapped from Wildstar. Hoverboards just hover, not fly. They plan on doing the same thing as blizzard, waiting. They haven't confirmed it ever existing, it's still up in the air.

http://www.wildstarfans.net/2013/09/...aunch.html?m=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Having archeology reward a flying mount means nothing. Throne of Thunder rewards a Skyscreamer, but we can't fly on Isle of Thunder.

Also I'm quite sure flying has been scrapped from Wildstar. Hoverboards just hover, not fly. They plan on doing the same thing as blizzard, waiting. They haven't confirmed it ever existing, it's still up in the air.

http://www.wildstarfans.net/2013/09/...aunch.html?m=1
    But Throne of Thunder is located in... Pandaria. We have flight in... Pandaria. Also, the site you are quoting is from Sept 2013. The official link I posted is from Feb 26, 2014. It may be called a Hoverboard, but it does fly:

Deleted
    Vanilla was never any more dangerous until all the outdoor elite mobs were reduced to non elites. It was, though, far more time consuming for simply getting anywhere to do things. Been there, done it, have an old school pvp feat as proof.
    The world was way more dangerous back then because was the time "leveling" was still a thing going on in the world, Summoner Stones were placed at the door of instances and sometimes next to a raid entrance. And vendor like pvp sets were placed outside on pvp zones like Nagrand..

So the game was way more dangerous and prone to encounters with the opposite faction.
    Nowadays is all instanced and auto-queue content, which is fine because times change and new features to save time are implemented.
    But i agree the game was dangerous back then not for the right reasons maybe. Leveling was still the "main content".

But Throne of Thunder is located in... Pandaria. We have flight in... Pandaria. Also, the site you are quoting is from Sept 2013. The official link I posted is from Feb 26, 2014. It may be called a Hoverboard, but it does fly.
    If thats what you consider flying then good news, priests and mages can still fly.

The fact that there ARE hoverboards doesnt mean that they will fly like they had suggested previously. They have decided to not have flying mounts at launch.

Just like Blizzard is doing, you can still use your drakes and birds, they just cant fly everywhere. Hoverboards exist, but dont fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    If thats what you consider flying then good news, priests and mages can still fly.

The fact that there ARE hoverboards doesnt mean that they will fly like they had suggested previously. They have decided to not have flying mounts at launch.

Just like Blizzard is doing, you can still use your drakes and birds, they just cant fly everywhere. Hoverboards exist, but dont fly.
    You did see the image right? That board is high in the sky with trees and a small outpost in the distance.

You did see the image right? That board is high in the sky with trees and a small outpost in the distance.
    Spoiler:Mountains exist in wildstar. So do 0 gravity zones.

If all it takes for it to be "flying" is a certain altitude, you will be happy to know that you can fly in Spires of Arok day 1. probably Frostfire ridge too.

There is currently no plan for there to be flying in Wildstar at launch or anytime in the known future. Sorry mate, most games don't want to have to fix what they can avoid breaking. Your photo is way out of date, or was taken while falling.