10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well, going back on something they already stated would be an option would make them a decision changer as well. But why now? Why is no one the least bit curious what they are up to and what they hope to keep covered up until the launch? Maybe people are just so used to their Blizzard blinders it doesn't matter anymore? Nah, that can't be it!
    This kind of reaction is why we cant be told anything in the design/thought process. It just spawns overreactions and assumptions over things not set in stone and barely wet on the legal pads of design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Most people are intelligent enough to recognize that judging things before they're even in public testing is ridiculous.
    True, you should never judge a book by its cover. You might not be able to tell what a book is about, but on first glance a book jacket will attract or repel you, or (perhaps worse) leave you indifferent. The theory may have held true when most book covers were a boring basic cloth or leather, and sometimes was in disrepair. But, in the modern world, people will pick up a book, look at the front, read little excerpts on the back, and based on the COVER, either give it a read, or put it back on the shelf without hesitation. Some books never even leave the shelf.

When it comes to WoD, the "book reviews" have been little more than lackluster, and the decrease in Features and Content is making the "cover" look less and less appealing by the minute. My favorite quote from Tommy Boy:

At this point, I don't think we need to BUY WoD to "Wait and see" while they earn interest on money we would never be refunded. I'd rather just wait and see what 6.1 has to say in the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit WoW... but atleast for a decent reason. Quitting WoW because of something like this is just stupid. If you enjoy the game how it is now, then why are you quitting over something that won't affect the actual game? It's not like you can't raid w/o a flying mounts. The only benefit flying mounts brought to the game was faster traveling. You can still take flight paths, you can still ride your 100% mount to the quest marker. These pro-fliers that can't stop crying will play WoD, realize it's perfectly fine and will forget that they can't fly.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

If Blizzard knew for sure that they would be taking flying out, why are they designing WoD in 3D? Couldn't they save time and just make everything cardboard?
    Because you always build in a safety net but you can expect there to be things that just don't fit well because it will be build with no flying in mind. When flying is added back in, you'll think to yourself, something just doesn't feel right and it will be because the world was fucked up.

Instead of listening to that logic, I guess we should listen to your tinfoil conspiracies that Blizzard is plotting to remove flying entirely and keeping it on the DL so as to keep their gamers placated. I also think you overestimate the number of non-forum goers that will be mad about the change.
    You should listen to anything else besides the blizzard spew of "no flying" will make things better. Flying in and of instead at max level made things better. It's been better since flying as added. It's removal will have the opposite affect of having a positive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I quit WoW... but atleast for a decent reason. Quitting WoW because of something like this is just stupid. If you enjoy the game how it is now, then why are you quitting over something that won't affect the actual game? It's not like you can't raid w/o a flying mounts. The only benefit flying mounts brought to the game was faster traveling. You can still take flight paths, you can still ride your 100% mount to the quest marker. These pro-fliers that can't stop crying will play WoD, realize it's perfectly fine and will forget that they can't fly.

After spending the extra cash and shit tons of time collecting a large number of mounts. There will be no forgetting I should be able to fly at max level but suddenly can't because blizzard can't be bothered to keep it in game. It's just to hard for them.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-05-22 at 07:57 PM.

Every try archaeology at max level without flight?

What if you don't raid at max level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post

They already stated they want to improve archaeology and there are plenty of things besides raiding and they don't need to fly at 6.0 to enjoy them. When you are flying in 6.1 all that will change is a speed boost in how quick you can farm them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeakeal View Post
    They already stated they want to improve archaeology and there are plenty of things besides raiding and they don't need to fly at 6.0 to enjoy them. When you are flying in 6.1 all that will change is a speed boost in how quick you can farm them.
    They also stated they wanted to have quicker content releases.

You can crap in one hand and wish in the other. See which one is filled first.

I have history on my side here and you have a wishlist.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* Even in the worst case scenario, a secondary profession becomes easier to do in 6.1

Archaeology is a shitty secondary profession even with flight. Without flight, maybe they'll fix it so that it isn't so shitty.

And if you don't raid at max level, I assume you'll get around the game world like people did back in Vanilla or Burning Crusade when flying mounts either didn't exist, or speedy versions of the mount weren't easily affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Because you always build in a safety net but you can expect there to be things that just don't fit well because it will be build with no flying in mind. When flying is added back in, you'll think to yourself, something just doesn't feel right and it will be because the world was fucked up.
    Now you're just assuming things.

You should listen to anything else besides the blizzard spew of "no flying" will make things better. Flying in and of instead at max level made things better. It's been better since flying as added. It's removal will have the opposite affect of having a positive experience.
    I don't listen to anyone, Blizzard or forum posters, when it comes to making up my opinions on flying or anything in-game. I personally think no-flying will work out just fine. I also think there are a lot of people who play the game however it's designed and don't sit there and bitch whenever Blizzard changes something. Those people are the "silent majority."

10+ Year Old Account
    These pro-fliers that can't stop crying will play WoD, realize it's perfectly fine and will forget that they can't fly.
    I quit wow too. Unsubbed and perma-deleted all 3 accounts, which included 15 boosted alts. Flying was a HUGE thing for me. I don't raid, and I don't pvp. I role played. As a Druid, I would sit amongst a council of other Druids, and discuss imminent dangers of the current world. Our intent with garrisons, was to make it an outpost at which to meet and establish a foothold in this new world and assist the Alliance in any way possible.

When first told that flying would be instated in the first big patch with the completion of a mini "legendary" style quest, I was perfectly fine with "unlocking" flight in 6.1. Then, right after pre-sales hit and boosts were on the market, all of a sudden it went from "here's the plan" to "we'll just wait and see, since flying trivializes combat". For anyone who doesn't read between the lines, this tells me the new team is a fan of PvP, so keeping people on the ground would be ideal. But, for some of us, who Role play a druid, with a swift flight form, have no desire to continue to play NEW content without the ability to use ALL of our abilities, particularly shapeshifting.

Now, is this a big deal for most? probably not. Should it be anyone's problem but my own? nope. Did I vote with my wallet? absolutely. I got a refund for all 3 digital deluxe edition pre-orders, and requested a perma-delete on my account. I've no desire to play a game where a key feature to my personal style is removed. If I want no flying, I will go enjoy other MMOs without it. So far, Star Wars is my front runner and I've spent all the money I got back from my pre-orders in their Cartel Market, and have been enjoying all of the free items, titles, pets, and mounts I get in my mailbox with each new patch, and new character.

So yeah, some may forget... but not all of us.

So your argument for flying staying in game is so that an optional secondary profession based on lore and not gameplay will be easier?

So your argument for flying staying in game is so that an optional secondary profession based on lore and not gameplay will be easier?
    That is one part of it.

What about gathering professions?

What about pet system?

etc.

This hurts those that explore the most. And those that don't care about exploration are given greater incentive to sit in garrisons and cities waiting for queues and summons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That is one part of it.

What about gathering professions?

What about pet system?

etc.

This hurts those that explore the most. And those that don't care about exploration are given greater incentive to sit in garrisons and cities waiting for queues and summons.
    Gathering professions will require more effort, but Blizzard already said they're considering no-flight into their design for nodes, etc. Besides the fact that gathering professions have become practically useless nowadays anyways. Stacks of materials go for dirt cheap on the Auction House and gold is available by the thousands. It's been awhile since gathering was actually significant.

What about the pet system? You don't need flying to run around and battle pets.

As for your exploration argument, I'd say that it actually helps those who legitimately enjoy exploration. Someone who likes finding all the secret nooks and crannies in WoW would hate flying because it allows you to skip over everything and go straight to where you want to. Think about the hike up Mount Neverest; it's a pretty cool trail that winds around the mountain, but yet with flying you just spawn your mount and go straight up. Kills any kind of fun you have in exploring the trail.

Gathering requiring more effort doesn't entice players to explore the world. Especially since they are removing perks from professions and most perks will be found through garrisons now.

Flying makes pet battles/archaeology way more enjoyable in completing in a reasonable manner for every play session.

As I have explored the World of Warcraft (and the real world) I use flight and the ground to explore. I found so many things with flight and so many things on the ground. It isn't a matter one is better over the other but taking one tool away is like tying one hand behind your back.

No, just one example.

Do I really need any reason other than I enjoy it?

When I played Vanilla I enjoyed the game, but I took a break for over a year. When TBC came out and I hit max level and learned to fly, I was hooked on the game. I was the first person in my guild with my netherdrake. I love flying in the game. The time I've spent farming mounts easily pays for a few months here and there. Removal of it is a deal breaker for me.

As soon as I heard 'for all future current content' I was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Gathering requiring more effort doesn't entice players to explore the world. Especially since they are removing perks from professions and most perks will be found through garrisons now.
    Gathering existed before flying did and people farmed back then too. If you don't want to put in the effort to farm gathering professions then you should go for one that lets you sit in the city all day.

Flying makes pet battles/archaeology way more enjoyable in completing in a reasonable manner for every play session.
    But again, these are optional side things. Removing or not removing flying shouldn't be decided based on these things.

As I have explored the World of Warcraft (and the real world) I use flight and the ground to explore. I found so many things with flight and so many things on the ground. It isn't a matter one is better over the other but taking one tool away is like tying one hand behind your back.
    Using flying mode is like cheating while exploring, you know. It's like taking a helicopter to look over the Amazon jungle rather than hiking through the jungle itself.

- - - Updated - - -

No, just one example.

Do I really need any reason other than I enjoy it?

When I played Vanilla I enjoyed the game, but I took a break for over a year. When TBC came out and I hit max level and learned to fly, I was hooked on the game. I was the first person in my guild with my netherdrake. I love flying in the game. The time I've spent farming mounts easily pays for a few months here and there. Removal of it is a deal breaker for me.

As soon as I heard 'for all future current content' I was out.
    They're not removing it. You can still show off your fancy mounts in the old world, or you can mount up on them on the ground if you really want.

Sorry that something you enjoy is being taken out of the game. Maybe you should realize, though, that the game isn't designed just for you. If you want to make the personal attachment argument, I'm perfectly fine with it. It is literally the only argument that has any legitimacy since all others are hyperbole and assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I quit wow too. Unsubbed and perma-deleted all 3 accounts, which included 15 boosted alts. Flying was a HUGE thing for me. I don't raid, and I don't pvp. I role played. As a Druid, I would sit amongst a council of other Druids, and discuss imminent dangers of the current world. Our intent with garrisons, was to make it an outpost at which to meet and establish a foothold in this new world and assist the Alliance in any way possible.

When first told that flying would be instated in the first big patch with the completion of a mini "legendary" style quest, I was perfectly fine with "unlocking" flight in 6.1. Then, right after pre-sales hit and boosts were on the market, all of a sudden it went from "here's the plan" to "we'll just wait and see, since flying trivializes combat". For anyone who doesn't read between the lines, this tells me the new team is a fan of PvP, so keeping people on the ground would be ideal. But, for some of us, who Role play a druid, with a swift flight form, have no desire to continue to play NEW content without the ability to use ALL of our abilities, particularly shapeshifting.

Now, is this a big deal for most? probably not. Should it be anyone's problem but my own? nope. Did I vote with my wallet? absolutely. I got a refund for all 3 digital deluxe edition pre-orders, and requested a perma-delete on my account. I've no desire to play a game where a key feature to my personal style is removed. If I want no flying, I will go enjoy other MMOs without it. So far, Star Wars is my front runner and I've spent all the money I got back from my pre-orders in their Cartel Market, and have been enjoying all of the free items, titles, pets, and mounts I get in my mailbox with each new patch, and new character.

So yeah, some may forget... but not all of us.
    you joined this game because of flying? man that's a lot of wasted hours to permanently delete all your toons. your loss I say over something pretty trivial to how blizzard views how the game should be. again your choice, but your loss.

Gathering existed before flying did and people farmed back then too. If you don't want to put in the effort to farm gathering professions then you should go for one that lets you sit in the city all day.
    That is what garrisons will allow people to do. Blizzard says they want people to experience the world and immersion but design garrisons that give a player everything they want at the tip of the fingers in their own personalized instance. Just like the level 90 boosts contradict Blizzard's vision so does garrisons.

But again, these are optional side things. Removing or not removing flying shouldn't be decided based on these things.
    Exploration is optional too. So why is flying being removed?

Using flying mode is like cheating while exploring, you know. It's like taking a helicopter to look over the Amazon jungle rather than hiking through the jungle itself.
    Geologists/Ecologists use images from above (helicopters/satellite) along with ground exploration. Why limit yourself to one way to explore the real or virtual world? Why tie one hand behind your back?

They're not removing it. You can still show off your fancy mounts in the old world, or you can mount up on them on the ground if you really want.
    How can you show off your fancy mount in the old world when everyone is boosted to 90? Or sitting in cities waiting for queues?

Sorry that something you enjoy is being taken out of the game. Maybe you should realize, though, that the game isn't designed just for you. If you want to make the personal attachment argument, I'm perfectly fine with it. It is literally the only argument that has any legitimacy since all others are hyperbole and assumptions.
    And the game isn't designed for you either.

Why pay money for a game that has had flying 7+ years if you think it destroys your immersion and fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    you joined this game because of flying? man that's a lot of wasted hours to permanently delete all your toons. your loss I say over something pretty trivial to how blizzard views how the game should be. again your choice, but your loss.
    No, genius, I did not JOIN the game for flying, but after 8 years, I do consider it a key feature. The only "loss" is theirs. A dedicated fan who wastes thousands of dollars on his hobbies.