Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    But why the hell are there so many FPs? There should be a lot less.
    They are trying to make FPs more convenient because of lack of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Which is accounted for by a few really loud zealots, which makes them not relevant in the slightest.
    We can agree to disagree.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen when the whole of the player base starts dinging 100 and discovers there are no flight masters?

They are trying to make FPs more convenient because of lack of flying.
    That's fucking retarded. So why even remove flying? The whole point is to remove convenience aka flying. Running to your quest destination is severely fucking weakened when the Quest location is 10 seconds from the landing point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Probably a desperate attempt to reduce the "crying" about lack of flying, to compensate it.
    Why bother compensating? This makes no sense either. If you want to compensate, bring back flying in 6.1. What is this half assed shit with so many FPs?

Probably a desperate attempt to reduce the "crying" about lack of flying, to compensate it.
    So you'll still fly everywhere, skipping everything, you'll just be on a gryphon you can't dismount from. Nice.

You still can't land next to Quest boss with FP's, tho, unlike with flying mounts.

But I agree, there's way too many FP's within the zone.
    Yeah, but that is absolutely ridiculous. Sigh, all this fucking company does is listen to people crying and fix everything the wrong way, pissing off every party.

It just entertains me to no end how worked up people are getting over flying...

Yeah, I hate flying. But now they are failing on the "making ground game compelling" by having hundreds of flight paths in a small ass zone where I don't need to run anywhere. I thought it was going to be like BC.

Yeah, I hate flying. But now they are failing on the "making ground game compelling" by having hundreds of flight paths in a small ass zone where I don't need to run anywhere. I thought it was going to be like BC.
    I meant both sides. Flying or no flying, just seems like it will be fine either way and I think most people even if they like or dislike one way or another it wont bother them enough to quit.

Yeah it doesn't make sense.

It is not "just flying" it is the transportation system. There was no issue until Blizzard made it an issue. I will never get them.

Silver Lining >>>>> no one is complaining about any of the other things they used to bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I will take your word for Star Wars, but I could have sworn I was clicking on Terminals from my map to travel.

Shouldn't those flight paths been streamlined already, considered they were developed differently because of flying restrictions?

I would like to address the following comment you have made in one form or another a couple of times now, "Within 7 days of launch, I will have an accurate assessment of all of their promises. In the meantime, I will not allow my emotions about flying to cloud my judgement and obscure my realistic expectations."

I believe it is in the players best interest to keep this conversation front and center. I believe it is in the players best interest to make sure as many people as possible know that flying is on the chopping block.

If people do as you ask, the threads will fall by the wayside, and a potentially a huge number of players could buy this expansion or even worse, new flying mounts thinking they will be able to fly when they ding 100.

Blizzard is being disingenuous selling flying mounts without warning the customers flight is on the chopping block.

As far as faith in Blizzard comments, how many expansions now have they promised no more year long dry spells?
    Star Wars "Quick Travel" = WoW Hearthstone, but with a twist. You still have a 1hour CD, but you can choose any travel point in the sector. This allows for convenience, but 15m vs 60m slows that convenience by 400%.

Flight paths are likely "code blocks", so when a Dev drops a block on a coordinate, and pairs it to another, they can test the functionality. As for the streamlining, that would naturally occur multiple times before the live version is ready. Since I am not a Blizz Dev, I cannot speak to any template styles which they might use for a burn in test.

As for my statement, that is how I will handle my own personal perception of the game, and how it affects me. I cannot speak to the other 7M players, their "process", or the level of their specific immersion or playstyles. That is for them to decide. You might believe it is in "their" best interests, but the only real interest served in such a statement is your own. If players find this conversation to be of major importance, it will be front and center. If they do not care one way or another, that again, is their prerogative, not yours, and not mine. Just as they cannot tell you what it important on their agenda, neither can the reverse occur.

If people did as I said I would do (never did I tell anyone, or ask them to do things my way), they would be given a distinct opportunity to see the game for what it is at launch. I am not here to tell them what they should, or should not do. It is not my place. Blizzard is making an expansion, which I will critique in my own way. If others choose to, or not to critique it, that is their business, not mine. If they choose to judge it before it even installs, again, their business. I can only speak to what I personally plan to do.

I do agree that selling mounts made in Draenor, by Draenor, for Draenor, that cannot be used as flying mounts in the current content, is in poor taste. Also, there continue to be more flying mounts data mined, and mentioned. This leads me to believe that the lack of flying will not be a permanent thing. If no flying til 6.1 is a success, or a failure, there is still a great chance it will be patched in. This will create a new precedent for 7.0-7.1 and 8.0-8.1, allowing them to always extend the no flying at cap rule for the first patch of each new expansion. This is, of course, just a hypothesis, but the element of flying mounts in Draenor, and a flying race of Arakkoa tells me there will be beasts in the skies of Draenor.

As for Blizzard's comments/promises, unless it makes it into the patch notes, I tend to put little stock in it. Trying out WoD may just be an exercise in futility for me. But, I have to at least give it a try, and give them the benefit of the doubt. I cannot claim to love their game while simultaneously hating the game's creator. That would be hypocritical of me. Instead, I choose to remain above reproach and allow them their mistakes. If it becomes unforgivable, I will certainly move on and put my faith in another game, and its development team. For now, I will stand firm on testing WoD for myself. I love my flying mounts, and value the money I have spent for some of them from the shop. Others have taken dozens of hours to farm. Do I want flying removed from the game? No. Am I upset there will be no immediate flying at level cap in WoD? Yes. Will I hold Blizz to the fire and make them prove their content and features outweigh my need for a flying mount? Absolutely.

I am happy to have this discussion, but please understand, at no time will I allow passion to push down my principles, or my position. You are free to do whatever you choose, and I am not here to stop you, or sway you. I am only here to share what I, personally, will be doing in 6.0/6.05.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    It is not "just flying" it is the transportation system. There was no issue until Blizzard made it an issue. I will never get them.

Silver Lining >>>>> no one is complaining about any of the other things they used to bitch about.
    Don't worry once we get a few weeks into WoD all the "Raids are hard" whiners will be out in force again.

Not gonna lie, looking at all those FPs are pissing me off. I thought we were supposed to explore the ground game to some degree.
    You did not honestly presume they would remove flying mounts without adding in more flight paths did you? The only thing keeping them from complete crucifixion is the addition of multiple flight paths and increased speed/routing on those paths.

I meant both sides. Flying or no flying, just seems like it will be fine either way and I think most people even if they like or dislike one way or another it wont bother them enough to quit.
    Yeah, but what you don't understand is that from my perspective, it's frustrating when you don't see a game evolve simply because no one threatens it on the market and because they are unbelievably scared to move forward.

For example:
    • Character model updates: Why so late?
    • Personal character customization in the form of accessories: Why so late?
    • No compelling flying content 3 expansions after it was introduced: There's all these teases with you fighting on the back of a proto drake or a giant pigeon but no player v player interactions in the sky? Why so late?
    • On top of that, no compelling GROUND content at endgame: Cool, you're working on this in WoD. Except, after looking at all the FPs, no you're not. So...what?

This is all non-raid gameplay that should be compelling in order to slow down consumption by making more things appealing to end game raiders and non-raiders than just raiding/PvP. Why are there no multi-level quests? Why aren't flying mounts being utilized more? Why aren't ground mounts being utilized more? Why isn't the world being utilized more?

Having 50 flight paths in Frostfire Ridge is the same as having 50 checkpoints in a level of Mario. It's retarded. The worst part about all of this is that Blizzard did all the HARD things.
    1. Refine and hone raid mechanics
    2. Added a lot of depth in a lot of empty specs, e.g. Fury warriors (BT-->WW rotation to CS window rotation much better)
    3. Really make raids in general more complex and interesting than in the past (with exceptions)
    4. Cleaned up a lot of systems in game such as the Glyphs/Talent Trees
    5. Redid THOUSANDS OF QUESTS and entire zone questing flows for hundreds of zones. Like...this leveling experience (had you not outleveled the zones before you finished the quests) was IMO great content. Why aren't these zones being revisited at top levels with more compelling gameplay? PHASING TECH EXISTS SHIT.

Yet, they can't do easy ass shit like Character models, Character customization, shit like Housing took 3 expansions, and in general, they are afraid to move forward in any interesting way.

Take away flying? SURE. Make sure the ground game is really amazing.
    Keep flying? SURE. Make sure the flying content is amazing.

They are doing none of the above from what it seems like.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2014-06-25 at 11:01 PM.

The reason for flying being removed in the first place is so the puzzles and hidden things can't be negated by flying 10 feet up and dropping, so yes, the flight paths are there as compensation for that, I like how many there are too, I don't want some Cata or BC shit where I have to run half way across the zone to do a quest because the flight paths are so damn spread out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, looking at all those FPs are pissing me off. I thought we were supposed to explore the ground game to some degree.
    Flight paths are usually optional, go ahead and stay on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Flight paths are usually optional, go ahead and stay on the ground.
    This game is optional too, can we not talk about how I have to work harder to make the game compelling for me? Thanks.

This game is optional too, can we not talk about how I have to work harder to make the game compelling for me? Thanks.
    Kind with Nayaga on this one, the new flight paths being everywhere are fine.

At this point no matter what the solution is they end up alienating one crowd or another.

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    At this point no matter what the solution is they end up alienating one crowd or another.

What a bunch of fucking idiots.
    Not really.... people choose to feel alienated. I love my flying mounts, but I can live with the idea of No Flying for a while, if I like it, then it will be fine, if you don't instead of bitching why not just quit?